Citizens Bank Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening was about 30 minutes, then two in-person interviews roughly 45 minutes each. after the third interview, a recruiter called me on the third week to ask me for proof of my previous employer salary. I asked the recruiter, what if I don't want to provide that info, she replied then we can't move forward with the recruiting process. I felt that they didn't believe my salary info, plus they needed to see my previous income so they can determine the new income. I really didn't want to provide my previous salary because I felt I should be evaluated on my work history, personality and intellectual level which all can be known from various assessment and interview questions. After I faxed them the W-2, Citizens had offered me the role.

Interview Questions

• Questions about sales, employee management, customer service and your previous role. The asked me to provide them my Pay stub from previous employer so they can determine my pay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much, they start from my previous employer income. Therefore, if you have taken a pay cut in your last role, that where Citizens will start the salary/rate offer. It's unfortunate that they can't determine your value unless they see proof of previous salary info.

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Bank

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Three interviews. Phone. In person regional manager. In person senior manager. A recruiter reached out to me via linked in and requested a phone interview. She asked me basic question about my management experience and then told me I would have an in person interview with a regional manager. The regional manager interviewed me for about an hour. He talked more than I did and talked citizens up quite a bit. He was honest however that it was a difficult job and seemed even a little dissapointed in the organization talking about its glory days a few years back. It seemed as if he resented the direction the company had taken since it went public but was still optimistic. The interview with senior management seemed like more of a formality. He just asked me about myself and that was it. I received an offer three days later. I negotiated for a higher salary and got it and then accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous management experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with a recruiter. Second interview was face to face with two Regional Vice President's. I was called back to meet with another Regional VP for a third interview. All interviews lasted 1 hour. After the final interview I was told a decision would be made this week. I never heard back or received a reply to an email regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specific examples of a situation where it was necessary to train a team member .   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral and was contacted by a recruiter. Phone interview took about 30 minutes and was then contacted by the are district manager. Process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you continue to motivate an employee already hitting goals?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and met with the regional manager. It was a relaxed interview where they described the position and I reviewed my background. We discuss the strengths and challenges and how I'd be able to impact both. I was then scheduled to meet another regional mgr. a week later. About a week later HR called and offered me the position. The process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in team building.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

I applied online and within a week was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke within a few days and at the end of conversation she said that she wanted me to speak with the Regional Manager.
    We set that interview up and I met with the RM which was a pretty standard yet somewhat dry interview. He then at the end said that he wanted to have me speak with another RM since I was external.
    The third interview was set for the following week and although she forgot to call me at the scheduled time, she realized later on in the day and gave me a call. It barely lasted 15 minutes.
    I then received a phone call from someone wanting to set up a interview with the Sales Manager for the state. We determined a time the following week and met for 45 minutes.
    During that time I never felt like I was able to speak with him and he seemed to be asking many questions about my previous 3 interviews and what that process was like. He barely asked me any leadership or management questions. At the end of the conversation he said someone would let me know by end of week and that he needed to ensure that it was a "fit".
    I never heard back and am disappointed that it took 4 interviews over the span of 4 weeks to come to this outcome.
    I also came to learn that they randomly post openings but don't necessarily have them open-
    Kinda shady?

Interview Questions

• How would you manage someone who was hitting their goals yet you wanted to see more results from them?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

You must first post on the company career web site. After being screened by HR you will have an interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a weakness you feel you bring to the workplace..   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Did a phone interview. Then I was invited to to a face to face interview with a regional manager. After that I was offered a job within a week.

Application

Interview

I was lied to about the job. The job descriptions change quarter after quarter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiations took about 3 weeks. They move at a snails pace. RM's fault.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Quick Interview process. Background checks including credit. Will meet with Regional Manager. There will be 1 meeting. Interview will be about 45 minutes to 1 hour long. You will be have to apply online and an HR representative will call you to set up the meeting. Hr representative will take some time to ask you questions before your face to face meeting with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked all different questions, mostly about sales. You will have to answer leadership questions. They will want people that want to get out of the branch to grow the revenue for the branch and also somebody that can lead and teach their team. You will be judged on your appearance. So have no tattoos present or piercings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will ask you how much you would like to make, but they will have a number in mind. I did not negotiate my salary. I was okay with the range.