Citizens Bank Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Branch Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

3 step interview process

Interview Questions

• Describe your worst branch management experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Bank

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening was about 30 minutes, then two in-person interviews roughly 45 minutes each. after the third interview, a recruiter called me on the third week to ask me for proof of my previous employer salary. I asked the recruiter, what if I don't want to provide that info, she replied then we can't move forward with the recruiting process. I felt that they didn't believe my salary info, plus they needed to see my previous income so they can determine the new income. I really didn't want to provide my previous salary because I felt I should be evaluated on my work history, personality and intellectual level which all can be known from various assessment and interview questions. After I faxed them the W-2, Citizens had offered me the role.

Interview Questions

• Questions about sales, employee management, customer service and your previous role. The asked me to provide them my Pay stub from previous employer so they can determine my pay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much, they start from my previous employer income. Therefore, if you have taken a pay cut in your last role, that where Citizens will start the salary/rate offer. It's unfortunate that they can't determine your value unless they see proof of previous salary info.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with a recruiter. Second interview was face to face with two Regional Vice President's. I was called back to meet with another Regional VP for a third interview. All interviews lasted 1 hour. After the final interview I was told a decision would be made this week. I never heard back or received a reply to an email regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specific examples of a situation where it was necessary to train a team member .   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Three interviews. Phone. In person regional manager. In person senior manager. A recruiter reached out to me via linked in and requested a phone interview. She asked me basic question about my management experience and then told me I would have an in person interview with a regional manager. The regional manager interviewed me for about an hour. He talked more than I did and talked citizens up quite a bit. He was honest however that it was a difficult job and seemed even a little dissapointed in the organization talking about its glory days a few years back. It seemed as if he resented the direction the company had taken since it went public but was still optimistic. The interview with senior management seemed like more of a formality. He just asked me about myself and that was it. I received an offer three days later. I negotiated for a higher salary and got it and then accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous management experience.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral and was contacted by a recruiter. Phone interview took about 30 minutes and was then contacted by the are district manager. Process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you continue to motivate an employee already hitting goals?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

I applied online and within a week was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke within a few days and at the end of conversation she said that she wanted me to speak with the Regional Manager.
    We set that interview up and I met with the RM which was a pretty standard yet somewhat dry interview. He then at the end said that he wanted to have me speak with another RM since I was external.
    The third interview was set for the following week and although she forgot to call me at the scheduled time, she realized later on in the day and gave me a call. It barely lasted 15 minutes.
    I then received a phone call from someone wanting to set up a interview with the Sales Manager for the state. We determined a time the following week and met for 45 minutes.
    During that time I never felt like I was able to speak with him and he seemed to be asking many questions about my previous 3 interviews and what that process was like. He barely asked me any leadership or management questions. At the end of the conversation he said someone would let me know by end of week and that he needed to ensure that it was a "fit".
    I never heard back and am disappointed that it took 4 interviews over the span of 4 weeks to come to this outcome.
    I also came to learn that they randomly post openings but don't necessarily have them open-
    Kinda shady?

Interview Questions

• How would you manage someone who was hitting their goals yet you wanted to see more results from them?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

You must first post on the company career web site. After being screened by HR you will have an interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a weakness you feel you bring to the workplace..   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

The interviewer called me from New York. She did a phone interview which was about 25 minutes.She called me for a second interview and then sent me to see the hiring manager. Hiring manager spoke with me for about 1 hours. Many questions were asked that were unrelated to the position. I was called and offer the position 2 weeks later.

Distance vs. Pay

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Columbus, OH) in October 2009.

Interview

Initially interviewed over the phone with an HR recruiter, lasted about 30 minutes, standard questions.
    Interviewed next with the Regional Manager in person. The interview lasted a little over an hour and consisted primarily of behavioral questions. The Manager was very honest with the pros and the cons and at 1 point I thought he was talking me out of the job. The final interview was on the phone with a different Regional Manager, it was very short and I got the impression it was merely formality.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard "Tell me about a time..." questions. Nothing surprising or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was minimal, but I was at the top of the salary range for the position, so that is to be expected. Salary negotiations aren't very common because the salary includes an incentive component with a generous cap based on performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Springfield, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewer was very interested in sharing his own background with me. Also told me that he was pretty sure that they were going to promote from within, but had to explore the "other options" as well. I appreciated hearing that after a 1 1/2 hr drive to his office.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I was interested when I was obviously overqualified.   1 Answer