Citizens Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2018

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Interview process was nice and smooth.
    Went to the branch manager once and dealt with a variety of circumstance questions.
    Overall the experience went well however I did not stay with the company for long.

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

First I had a telephone interview with HR which went very well. About a week later I had an in person interview with the branch manager. Extremely unprofessional. I was in the middle of talking and she looked at her phone and started to play with it for a minute. Next proceeded to tell me I wouldn't be able to quit for a year (not that I intended to) because she couldn't afford to lose out on money. I don't feel like she paid attention to me at all.

Director Interview

Interview

This was the most poorly set up interview process that I have ever encountered. It took two and a half months from the time the HR rep reached out to set up a call for us to actually be able to speak for a phone screen. Constantly changing times and not responding for weeks. I completely understand that things get busy but for it to take such a long time to set up an initial call is unacceptable.

Even after we moved forward with in person interviews everything was all over the place, very poor communication from HR throughout the whole process.I have held positions at very large and reputable companies and have never had such a bad experience. This was a major reason as to why I decided to not accept my offer.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

I applied for 2 different locations, I landed a phone interview with a HR manager and the branch manager called me the same day to set up an interview. The interview questions were basic customer service related questions

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a great conversation about past experience and knowledge of the business. We went over the past history of the volume and ways to keep deals coming in. What we did was submit an online application followed by standard background check and employment history.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know your conventional mortgage products?   Answer Question

Teller Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Arrived early, dressed professionally, manager was busy behind the teller line. I waited a few minutes, then was ushered into her office. Had a great interview, had great chemistry with her and met the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Very poorly managed communication process between HR and candidate. Initial interview went well with agreement for follow-up face-to-face interview. Then HR goes dark for five weeks and does not return calls or emails. Finally I receive a form letter saying I didn't make the cut even though very well qualified. Only after the letter arrives do I receive a call from HR to explain "they went a different way". If they treat employees as they do candidates be wary of working at Citizens. They don't walk the talk.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your experience   1 Answer

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Novi, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online through indeed. Recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone interview. Pretty simple questions. Why the banking industry? How would you handle a difficult customer? After all the questions he really went into detail about the position. I met with the regional manager for the districts. He was a very nice guy and made the interview feel more like a conversation instead of an interview. After the weekend I went to meet with the branch manager for the bank I would be working. More in depth interview, she made it feel comfortable but asked a lot of questions to get to know me and more about my personality. Wasn’t really hard if you know how to interview well... now it’s been about a week and still waiting on a decision.

Associate Licensed Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Dover, DE) in December 2017.

Interview

My interviewer right off the bat stressed how this is a extensive sales-driven position. The interview will be based on how much sales experience you have, meeting goals, etc. I sensed I didn't have the experience she was looking for mid-way through the interview, as the questions/inquiries turned more and more discouraging. I did not get the job obviously, but I'm cool with that, as I don't need anymore stress to fuel my alcoholism.

Small Business Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter. Set up interview time. Went in and the interview was awkward - I don’t think the interviewer knew how to interview/ interact with interviewees. Never heard back as to whether I got the job or not even after emailing to follow up.