Citizens Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018

2.5

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cranston, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening with the staffing agent and one day later was scheduled for a one on one interview with both project supervisors. I to take a written proficiency test for which I was given some information to review beforehand. I was offered the position later that same day..

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the internal recruiter and had a phone interview with the hiring manager. We were both excited by the possibility of my joining the group. It then went into a black hole and only after persistent followup with the internal recruiter did I learn that the position had been put on hold.

Interview Questions

• There were other opportunities at Citizens that I was interested in, but I was unsure how to proceed because of the uncertainty surrounding the first position. On the one hand, I didn't want to upset the hiring process for the first position - if it were still in play - but on the other hand, I didn't want to let an opportunity slip by, which would have been bad for both me and the Citizens. Further complicating matters, I didn't know the underlying reason why they were suddenly not interested in filling the first position - and whether that reason could also impact the other positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for job through referral, had interview with my direct manager and then her manager. Asked the normal interview type questions. Interviews were about 30 minutes each. Found out I had gotten the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • What past experience do you have working with little to no guidance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Riverside, RI) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online with no industry experience. I received a call from a recruiter and they discussed my experiences and skills. The interview was with my manager and it was largely about getting to know me. I met with a few others and the interview was very loose. nothing specific, just generally conversation of them making sure you are a good person

Interview Questions

• Where are you looking to do in 10 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through a referral, called me a week or so later to schedule an interview. Met with the manager and went through the basic interview stuff, e.g. explaining what the work would be like, behavioral questions, and past jobs.

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cranston, RI) in January 2014.

Interview

I was surprised that the interview was rather informal, but I believe now that it was that way because the position, although not specified in the job description, was a contract position. It took almost 3 hours. I spoke initially with the hiring manager, then with two people by phone, an IT person and a developer, then two team members in person. I felt good about it, but it took them over 3 months to tell me they were planning to hire me as a contractor.

Interview Questions

• One of the team members asked me about my web design experience.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through an employee and alumni referral. The process took a week or two to process. First, it was more or less a basic phone screening, with behavioral questions. Then I was invited to the office for a face-to-face interview that had me walk through what the positions entail and why I was applying.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an objection from a prospective customer?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Stamford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR for a screening call. Then spoke with the head of the group over the phone. Then was brought in for 2 in person interviews. Overall was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is the main principle used for valuing an investment?   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Manchester, NH) in August 2012.

Interview

3 interviews. 1 via phone with recruiter, 1 in person with branch manager and 1 with regional manager. interviews were about an hour each. typical experience. dress up! men and women make sure to wear a matching suit with a jacket

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time to changed a customers negative perception to a positive   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Long interview but nothing different from other interviews. Classic questions and scenarios. The interviewer was very nice. We ended up having a conversation about hobbies and experiences in previous jobs. Be yourself, that's my best advice.