Citizens Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.6

Personal Banker Universal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Newport, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

A telephone interview with HR followed by a brief telephone conversation with the Manager and then a face to face interview with Manager. A week later I was called back in for a meeting with the Branch Manager and the Regional Manager, where the Branch Manager left the office halfway during the process. Two day later, HR called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as:

What do you like about banking?

Are you able to work in a fast moving environment?

Are you able to work with young people?*
      Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

No matter where you apply, they will try to get you to go where they want you to be. Mostly in store because no current employees want to do it because it's a joke. During your interview they'll tell you what they think you wanna hear to make it sound better. Then once you're hired in, you cannot transfer to a better location for you because they need you to cover all their pto time.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, they'll act like they care about your concerns or questions and will give you whatever answer you seem to need to get you in. Also have an unrealistic quota, and you won't get a dime for all you do unless you excessively exceed it.   Answer Question

Mortgage Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. I sent my resume through the bank's job portal. I was contacted by a recruiter and discussed my background and confirmed a phone conversation with the local area manager. I had a phone call with the local area manager and then set up a face to face interview. After the interview, I was contacted by the recruiter saying an offer would like to be extended.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

First a phone screening and then the manager of the branch set an interview. Normal interview no tricky question, they go over your resume and make questions about it

Associate Licensed Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted very professionally. The decision making process is quick and fast too. I had 4 levels of interview. All the while the interviewers were truthful in expectations and feedback.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Treasury Solutions Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

Standard interview (phone pre-screen, 1st in-person interview, then last in-person interview). Didn't take long for each interview to take place as other companies would. Spoke on benefits, next steps, what to expect, location, hiring manager, position details, etc.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

applied online, received phone call, them went in for an interview with two managers. The process took about 3 to 4 weeks. You will have your start date approx. 2 to 3 week before you start.

Interview Questions

• standard question, its good if you do a lot of volunteering they like that here and you will have a lot of opportunity to do so.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I was referred by another employee to interview as a banker. The interview went well. I really meshed well with the branch manager but there were a lot of concerns I had about the position that caused me to turn it down. The branch manager didn't sell the position. More like convinced me it wasn't a good idea. She told me I would be responsible to open a certain amount of accounts but because it was in a poorer community keeping accounts open was difficult. She gave me the example that I could open 40 accounts a week but only 7 would count because people don't keep their accounts open long enough. She recommended that I branch out to family members and college classmates to open with. That sound ridiculous to me. She wasn't sure if I would get benefits because I would be less than 20 hours (the answer is no). In the end, it was a peak time banker position. I could not understand how I could be a teller and a banker and still meet my account opening quota with just 18 hours a week. I knew I didn't want the position before I even left out. I spoke with the employee who referred my later about the interview and she told me that all of this was all ridiculous and untrue. I should not branch out to family members and college classmates for accounts etc. I was a teller at another bank and she asked what my rate was. I told her and she said she thinks she can match it. Really? If that is the case I may as well stay a teller. I'll have more hours and possibly better pay. The manager who interviewed me was later fired for circumstances I am not sure of but I have an idea.

Interview Questions

• One of more disturbing questions I was asked was what would you do if you were speaking with a customer and notice something crawling on them. How would you react?

Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer

Strengths and weaknesses

How does your career history relate to this position

Are you comfortable and confident with upselling
      Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cranston, RI) in September 2014.

Interview

Brief conversations with the bank manager, as contractor no big deal on the interview since there is a direct assignation process, they just verify the profile matches the role and if customer agrees the assignation proceeds.

Interview Questions

• Talk me about your banking experience   1 Answer

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. They scheduled phone interviews with their recruiter, direct report manager, and departmental executive. Also had some calls with team members. Ended up not accepting the offer, as received more competitive offer at the same time. All in all it seemed like a good place from the outside looking in.

Interview Questions

• How can you leverage your experience in this industry to impact this territory?   1 Answer