Citizens Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

I applied for 2 different locations, I landed a phone interview with a HR manager and the branch manager called me the same day to set up an interview. The interview questions were basic customer service related questions

Director Interview

Interview

This was the most poorly set up interview process that I have ever encountered. It took two and a half months from the time the HR rep reached out to set up a call for us to actually be able to speak for a phone screen. Constantly changing times and not responding for weeks. I completely understand that things get busy but for it to take such a long time to set up an initial call is unacceptable.

Even after we moved forward with in person interviews everything was all over the place, very poor communication from HR throughout the whole process.I have held positions at very large and reputable companies and have never had such a bad experience. This was a major reason as to why I decided to not accept my offer.

Collector III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Riverside, RI) in September 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by four people and the interview was informative and excellent and when I found out I received the position, I was excited. I enjoyed my interview process and was nervous about the interview, I knew u had the skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring how would I handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narragansett, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Narragansett, RI) in June 2017.

Interview

A typical interview process from a bank. What was the most disappointing aspect of the interview was what happened after. I didn't hear back from them until about 6 weeks later and by then it was too late, I had already moved on and up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a coaching opportunity you recently had where you noticed the banker you were observing could have done a better job.   Answer Question

Interview

It was a great conversation about past experience and knowledge of the business. We went over the past history of the volume and ways to keep deals coming in. What we did was submit an online application followed by standard background check and employment history.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know your conventional mortgage products?   Answer Question

Teller Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Arrived early, dressed professionally, manager was busy behind the teller line. I waited a few minutes, then was ushered into her office. Had a great interview, had great chemistry with her and met the rest of the team.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cleveland, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Quick process. Initial phone interview. Interview with upper management. Then interview with hiring manager. If offered the job, have to submit to background check and fingerprints. No drug test required. Whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you overcome the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals?   Answer Question
    • Why Citizens Bank?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had a customer service issue amd turned it into a sale.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Novi, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online through indeed. Recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone interview. Pretty simple questions. Why the banking industry? How would you handle a difficult customer? After all the questions he really went into detail about the position. I met with the regional manager for the districts. He was a very nice guy and made the interview feel more like a conversation instead of an interview. After the weekend I went to meet with the branch manager for the bank I would be working. More in depth interview, she made it feel comfortable but asked a lot of questions to get to know me and more about my personality. Wasn’t really hard if you know how to interview well... now it’s been about a week and still waiting on a decision.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Worcester, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fast and easy process. Very customer service oriented interview. And its a very customer service oriented job. They really watched out for me throughout the whole on boarding process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Very poorly managed communication process between HR and candidate. Initial interview went well with agreement for follow-up face-to-face interview. Then HR goes dark for five weeks and does not return calls or emails. Finally I receive a form letter saying I didn't make the cut even though very well qualified. Only after the letter arrives do I receive a call from HR to explain "they went a different way". If they treat employees as they do candidates be wary of working at Citizens. They don't walk the talk.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your experience   1 Answer