Citizens Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.6

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Interview

2 interviews , first one was a breeze, second was longer and a little more draw out. First interview was very straight forward, they asked me questions and personal experiences. the second interview was more about struggles and how to achieve sales.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cranston, RI).

Interview

The interview was very short. I came prepared with questions regarding the role and the Manger ended the interview. I thought that I was not going g to be offered a position however I received a call from the recruiter within a few days and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why was I seeking a position with the bank.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Three interviews. Phone. In person regional manager. In person senior manager. A recruiter reached out to me via linked in and requested a phone interview. She asked me basic question about my management experience and then told me I would have an in person interview with a regional manager. The regional manager interviewed me for about an hour. He talked more than I did and talked citizens up quite a bit. He was honest however that it was a difficult job and seemed even a little dissapointed in the organization talking about its glory days a few years back. It seemed as if he resented the direction the company had taken since it went public but was still optimistic. The interview with senior management seemed like more of a formality. He just asked me about myself and that was it. I received an offer three days later. I negotiated for a higher salary and got it and then accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous management experience.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with a recruiter. Second interview was face to face with two Regional Vice President's. I was called back to meet with another Regional VP for a third interview. All interviews lasted 1 hour. After the final interview I was told a decision would be made this week. I never heard back or received a reply to an email regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specific examples of a situation where it was necessary to train a team member .   Answer Question

Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Phone Interview. Regional Manager Interview and Branch Manager Interview. Test and Background Check. Verification of Employment Check. Willing to hire people that don't even fit quality for the positions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cranston, RI) in July 2016.

Interview

I received a call very quickly after applying online, and was asked to setup a phone interview. However, once I responded with my availability, the HR person didn't follow up for over a week, and then wrote back at midnight one night asking if we could speak the next day. She then didn't call at that time, and mentioned nothing for several more days. Finally we connected for the interview, where she essentially only asked if I could take a below market salary. I was moved on to meet a Senior Manager in Boston. This went great, and I advanced to one more call, this time with the hiring manager. He asked more technical questions, but made it seem like I already had the job. HR told me I would receive feedback and a decision soon, but then I never heard anything more. HR was incredibly hard to reach and unprofessional during the entire process, routinely emailing at midnight days later, and then not calling during agreed-upon interview times. Management was nice, but did not make up for the lack of professionalism from HR.

Card Fraud Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Medford, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Ask common interview questions. Can you tell me about yourself? What did you do in your last employer? Can you tell me when a time when you handled a difficult situation?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cranston, RI).

Interview

I interviewed for two positions and we had a very thorough walk through of what the positions would entail as well as salary/commission and benefits. We went over what it would mean to work for Citizens Bank and how it truly is becoming part of a community.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an objection from a prospective customer?   1 Answer

Universal Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Allentown, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions and told what I would be expected if I was to hired. The interviewer was very friendly and tried to make me feel comfortable. And explained about training and suggested salary range. The interview went on about 30 minutes. The phone call came in at an exact time as it was told to be.

Banker Interview

Interview

Phone interview then 1 on 1. They asked about past work experience. Then walked me through position and also had the regional manager there too. Went to training process for a few weeks where you learn how to balance and banking products. Felt like a solid base to start with for someone with no previous banking experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to get more what I wanted I felt like. It was at the end of the interview after I felt they were ready to offer the position. Seemed like the best time to ask about it.