Citizens Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at Citizens Bank

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Fairlawn, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Fairlawn, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Informal meeting with direct report followed by a formal interview with the district sales manager. I was recruited based on previous job experience for a more unique role. The excitement was mutual and both sides are confident after 6 months in the new role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Swansea, MA).

Interview

The Hiring Manager arrived late and disheveled. Checked her phone and laptop constantly throughout the hour. She criticized the manager and the other employees who were working there- About their sloppy dress, the Manager wasn't on the sales floor when she should be. the greeter wasn't greeting. Talked poorly about each of her current managers and what they did wrong. Talked about a recent interview she held with an internal candidate and listed the reasons why she would never hire them. I was taken back by the negativity that she expressed with information that seemingly should have been confidential. She took a good amount of time to brag about herself and how amazing she was. Was yelling back and forth to her assistant through the wall. Cut me off several times mid-sentence. I was shocked at the lack of professionalism.
    Although I sent a thank you and asked for a follow-up. My inquiry was never responded to.
    If you attend a live interview with a major company, the Hiring Manager or recruiter should reach out when the position is filled at the least an email should be sent.

Interview Questions

• How do you coach? (She said she didn't care about anything else)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with a recruiter. Second interview was face to face with two Regional Vice President's. I was called back to meet with another Regional VP for a third interview. All interviews lasted 1 hour. After the final interview I was told a decision would be made this week. I never heard back or received a reply to an email regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specific examples of a situation where it was necessary to train a team member .   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Three interviews. Phone. In person regional manager. In person senior manager. A recruiter reached out to me via linked in and requested a phone interview. She asked me basic question about my management experience and then told me I would have an in person interview with a regional manager. The regional manager interviewed me for about an hour. He talked more than I did and talked citizens up quite a bit. He was honest however that it was a difficult job and seemed even a little dissapointed in the organization talking about its glory days a few years back. It seemed as if he resented the direction the company had taken since it went public but was still optimistic. The interview with senior management seemed like more of a formality. He just asked me about myself and that was it. I received an offer three days later. I negotiated for a higher salary and got it and then accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous management experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening was about 30 minutes, then two in-person interviews roughly 45 minutes each. after the third interview, a recruiter called me on the third week to ask me for proof of my previous employer salary. I asked the recruiter, what if I don't want to provide that info, she replied then we can't move forward with the recruiting process. I felt that they didn't believe my salary info, plus they needed to see my previous income so they can determine the new income. I really didn't want to provide my previous salary because I felt I should be evaluated on my work history, personality and intellectual level which all can be known from various assessment and interview questions. After I faxed them the W-2, Citizens had offered me the role.

Interview Questions

• Questions about sales, employee management, customer service and your previous role. The asked me to provide them my Pay stub from previous employer so they can determine my pay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much, they start from my previous employer income. Therefore, if you have taken a pay cut in your last role, that where Citizens will start the salary/rate offer. It's unfortunate that they can't determine your value unless they see proof of previous salary info.

Branch Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in July 2014.

Interview

Interview Process took about 4 weeks. I had to follow up with them in order to get answers. I was told I got the position but never received a phone call back stating details so again, I had to follow up. This is the regional admins that failed, not the hiring reps.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about cold calling?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Four total conversations and/or sit down interviews. First with a recruiter, second with market manager, third with regional manager and fourth with a business partner. Of course, a drug screening and background check follows

Interview Questions

• How would you grow business in first month?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Dedham, MA).

Interview

Went in for a 4 hour interview with 7 different people. The people were great I have to say. I never heard anything back however. After a month, called in to find out the status and was told the position was filled. No one from the company reached out to me at all regarding this. It would have been one thing if I only had sent in my resume or had one phone call with HR. To go through a 4 hour interview and then be disrespected with no response - not ok in my book. Says something about the company's ethics.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you worked on.   1 Answer

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The people were nice and the culture there is great, however the technical questions were difficult. Overall the experience was good as it was my first time going through and interview to work at an investment bank.

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Superday- first interview was entirely technical, the rest were behavioral. Went through 2 first round phone interviews and was invited to Boston for a superday. 7 interviews with 2 people in each.

Interview Questions

• Typical financial statements technicals ($10m of depreciation through 3 statements), considering buying company a or b, what would I need to know to determine which is a better purchase? EBITDA to FCF.   Answer Question