Citizens Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.4

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mount Clemens, MI

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter contacted me and asked if I would like a phone interview with her. After that I had an interview with the bank manager. The recruiter contacted me after about a day and asked me if I wanted to know more about their benefits. About a week later I was offered the position with the pay I negotiated.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Bank

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Standard interview. Basic questions, basic answers, low ball offer. Just avoid the company. Trust me. Deceptive interview, will not give you the negatives of the company or honesty.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Meadville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Meadville, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

First I had an over the phone interview with HR Recruiter. She was attentive and kept the conversation moving. Then I had an in person interview with the Branch Manager who really broke down her operational preferences and normal flow of business within the 3 branches she manages.

Interview Questions

• What duties did you perform in your current or previous position that align with the role you are applying for?   Answer Question
    • How did you end up in the financial industry coming from the bar and restaurant industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Canton, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the bank manager and if you questions were asked and an interview was set up in person. During the interview the bank manager was very unprofessional and even asked if I like to cuss because sometimes she cusses in the workplace as she stated. Also the bank manager asked if I was a religious person or went to Church often. Again, very unprofessional. I was then told she would pass me off to the regional manager. Her actions should have been the first indicator that I should not waste anymore time. During the 2nd interview I was basically put down during the whole interview and questions why I changed careers at the age of 30 and then went on to obtain an MBA. Again, some of the questions I was ASKED WERE SO UNBELIEVABLY UNPROFESSIONAL. Also, many of the other questions were completely irrelevant for the position( such as personal questions). The regional manager belittled me to nth degree. I would def stay away from this company unless you want to leave an interview feeling

Interview Questions

• After looking at your previous experience you lack any direct experience in a bank (even though this is an entry level position)   1 Answer
    • Again, many of the questions were not even related to the job and were more derogatory because of the decision to change careers and return to school at the age of 30.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I was referred by another employee to interview as a banker. The interview went well. I really meshed well with the branch manager but there were a lot of concerns I had about the position that caused me to turn it down. The branch manager didn't sell the position. More like convinced me it wasn't a good idea. She told me I would be responsible to open a certain amount of accounts but because it was in a poorer community keeping accounts open was difficult. She gave me the example that I could open 40 accounts a week but only 7 would count because people don't keep their accounts open long enough. She recommended that I branch out to family members and college classmates to open with. That sound ridiculous to me. She wasn't sure if I would get benefits because I would be less than 20 hours (the answer is no). In the end, it was a peak time banker position. I could not understand how I could be a teller and a banker and still meet my account opening quota with just 18 hours a week. I knew I didn't want the position before I even left out. I spoke with the employee who referred my later about the interview and she told me that all of this was all ridiculous and untrue. I should not branch out to family members and college classmates for accounts etc. I was a teller at another bank and she asked what my rate was. I told her and she said she thinks she can match it. Really? If that is the case I may as well stay a teller. I'll have more hours and possibly better pay. The manager who interviewed me was later fired for circumstances I am not sure of but I have an idea.

Interview Questions

• One of more disturbing questions I was asked was what would you do if you were speaking with a customer and notice something crawling on them. How would you react?

Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer

Strengths and weaknesses

How does your career history relate to this position

Are you comfortable and confident with upselling   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Associates who completed my interview where extremely nice. Helpful idea is to take interviewing steps may take the edge off when going for an interview as I have not done this is quite sometime as I was employed with the same company for 15 yrs.

Interview Questions

• Helpful idea is to take interviewing steps may take the edge off when going for an interview.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

A single, fairly brief and general in branch interview during business hours with the manager. The meeting was interrupted a few time so he could attend to customer issues that he could see unfolding through the office window.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Middletown, CT).

Interview

Had one interview with the BM and ABM. BM called back and told me next steps to follow with human resources. Process was easy. Overall process took approx 10 days. Salary was told to me and growth was discussed at interview, though it never happened during my career with this company. Looking back I feel that I was fooled during the interview to what the job was really like.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with being turned down in sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me the pay and I couldn't neg because I didn't have previous banking experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I initially applied online through an employee referral, and had to complete the banker assessment. I passed that one but it has been two weeks and I have not heard anything from them, even though I have an undergrad degree in finance. I am sure what to do now wait or just call them.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Pretty easy. Two interviews, basic questions and description about the job. Nothing difficult at all. They basically want to know if you are competent. I was contacted by HR first, then they set up an interview with a local branch manger. After that I interviewed with my regional manager. I got a call from HR about two days later offering me the position.

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.