Citizens Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I was referred by another employee to interview as a banker. The interview went well. I really meshed well with the branch manager but there were a lot of concerns I had about the position that caused me to turn it down. The branch manager didn't sell the position. More like convinced me it wasn't a good idea. She told me I would be responsible to open a certain amount of accounts but because it was in a poorer community keeping accounts open was difficult. She gave me the example that I could open 40 accounts a week but only 7 would count because people don't keep their accounts open long enough. She recommended that I branch out to family members and college classmates to open with. That sound ridiculous to me. She wasn't sure if I would get benefits because I would be less than 20 hours (the answer is no). In the end, it was a peak time banker position. I could not understand how I could be a teller and a banker and still meet my account opening quota with just 18 hours a week. I knew I didn't want the position before I even left out. I spoke with the employee who referred my later about the interview and she told me that all of this was all ridiculous and untrue. I should not branch out to family members and college classmates for accounts etc. I was a teller at another bank and she asked what my rate was. I told her and she said she thinks she can match it. Really? If that is the case I may as well stay a teller. I'll have more hours and possibly better pay. The manager who interviewed me was later fired for circumstances I am not sure of but I have an idea.

Interview Questions

• One of more disturbing questions I was asked was what would you do if you were speaking with a customer and notice something crawling on them. How would you react?

Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer

Strengths and weaknesses

How does your career history relate to this position

Are you comfortable and confident with upselling
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Associates who completed my interview where extremely nice. Helpful idea is to take interviewing steps may take the edge off when going for an interview as I have not done this is quite sometime as I was employed with the same company for 15 yrs.

Interview Questions

• Helpful idea is to take interviewing steps may take the edge off when going for an interview.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

A single, fairly brief and general in branch interview during business hours with the manager. The meeting was interrupted a few time so he could attend to customer issues that he could see unfolding through the office window.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Middletown, CT).

Interview

Had one interview with the BM and ABM. BM called back and told me next steps to follow with human resources. Process was easy. Overall process took approx 10 days. Salary was told to me and growth was discussed at interview, though it never happened during my career with this company. Looking back I feel that I was fooled during the interview to what the job was really like.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with being turned down in sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me the pay and I couldn't neg because I didn't have previous banking experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I initially applied online through an employee referral, and had to complete the banker assessment. I passed that one but it has been two weeks and I have not heard anything from them, even though I have an undergrad degree in finance. I am sure what to do now wait or just call them.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Pretty easy. Two interviews, basic questions and description about the job. Nothing difficult at all. They basically want to know if you are competent. I was contacted by HR first, then they set up an interview with a local branch manger. After that I interviewed with my regional manager. I got a call from HR about two days later offering me the position.

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Buffalo, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I initially applied online, and had to complete the banker assessment, as well as fill out a traditional application, based off my resume, which I had uploaded. I was called the next morning by the HR recruiter for my area, and was asked to schedule a phone interview for later that week. I had the phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes, and included the recruiter telling me a lot about the position and company in general. I was told that the branch manager would call after the weekend to set up an in person interview, and was surprised when he called later that day. I set the interview at the branch up for the following monday, had that intervew and was contacted later that same day to schedule the interview with the regional manager. After everything, I was contacted the same day as my final interview to be offered the position, pending results of my background check and employment verification. VERY quick moving, now just waiting for the okay to give my notice at my current job!

Interview Questions

• Describe how you overcome objections?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered more than I asked, so was not prepared to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Three interviews. The first was a half hour over the phone with an HR pre-screen individual. Met with branch manager and regional VP over the course of the next three weeks. Received offer on 4th week which was pretty good but had already taken a job with TD

Interview Questions

• A couple of situational questions: How would you handle an irate customer? What would you do if you knew a fellow employee was breaking a rule repeatedly?   Answer Question

Had accepted another offer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in April 2013.

Interview

I was very long I wanted forever to be interviewed they asked really irrelevant questions some to do and not to do with the job but I answered met wit manager and assistant let me know is get a call by the end of the day uh if I got ot

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

The process involved a phone screening interview from an HR rep, and then an in-person interview with the manager at the branch. Some involve the regional manager, and at a grocery store branch they will require you to go and speak to strangers in the aisles about products/services. There will be a background check before hire. If they ask you to authorize one then you know that you're in, pending the successful check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer