Citizens Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Citizens Bank

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Columbus, OH) in December 2008.

Interview

Recruiter very rude. Invited me to fill out additional information on site. I didn't bother. I wouldn't waste my time with them.

Interview Questions

• That is all you made at a previous employer?   1 Answer

Extremely rude. They called me. I didn't call them.

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Wales, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Lake Wales, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

I contacted the Human Resources email and she responded to me within an hour. I went for an interview with her within 3 days and she had me fill out an application. She told me she would speak with her branch manager and would step up another interview for the following day. I have not heard anything back yet. I really hope that all the reviews I read arent as bad as they are told. She told me that it was full time and that I would be able to move up quickly. I am worried now!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Portage, MI) in January 2008.

Interview

I interviewed with a great branch Manager so she was very friendly, interesting and made me feel confident and comfortable about the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was among one of my first jobs so I did not try to negotiate.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Newark, DE) in June 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick because the bank if always short staffed since the turnover rate is so high. The interview was very long and drawn out but consisted of your normal questions, like give me an example of customer that was upset and how did you solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you think you could improve about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening that lasted about 10 minutes. After speaking about why I wanted to pursue the career and my past job experiences, etc., I was invited to a one on one interview a couple of days later. The interview then was downtown and lasted about 20 minutes, mostly talking about what was expected of me and my goals and aspirations in the banking industry.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of a problem that occured at your previous job and how you managed to remedy the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Hinsdale, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter and was told that she wanted to interview me. She interviews me on the phone and it took about 20 mins. Just general questions about me and why I wanna be a teller. She called me back to set up a in person interview. The hr dept contacted me for an in person interview with the branch manager. I was scheduled and went in a few days later. The branch manager was very professional but made me feel very comfortable and asked me just general questions about me. After I interviewed with him I also interviewed with his Teller manager. She was also very nice and made me feel comfortable. I just had my interview today so I don't know if they will call. I'm wishing for the best. Fingers crossed.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

phone interview. Most are behavior questions, such as strength and weakness. One or two technical questions, but they are relatively easy as well. Don't be nervous and just be yourself, and I am sure you will be fine. Interview is completely based on your resume. So know your resume very very well!! And best of luck to you!!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

First Interview was over the phone. I have never tried phone interviews so it was quite awkward. The Human Resources interviewer was extremely helpful not only in the process, but also in providing feedback. The next two interviews were done in person and were done very professionally. Background checks were also done very expediently.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were able to solve a problem that no one could.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight-foward, they explained in the beginning what it would be so that I was aware of the compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Orland Park, IL).

Interview

Submitted my application and resume online..recieved a call from HR for a phone interview. I was then contacted the same day to schedule a 1-1 interview with the branch manager. I have to say this was one of the more difficult interviews I have been through. The questions definitely require some thought and they want specific examples. I found the management there to be pompous and condescending. The whole branch seemed unfriendly and cold. Did not get the inviting feeling an interviewee hopes to receive at a potential job. I have been on a couple interviews since with other banks and the vibe was a complete 180 from Charter One. I was never contacted back about the position..not that I would have accepted after the way I was treated in the interview. For the best though..I received a great offer from another bank soon after.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you could have handled a stressful situation differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Basic math skills test, "truth" test. Interview with the recruiter then with the branches that had openings. Basically based on willingness to sell products.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation with a coworker where you had to overcome adversity. If you found $5 on the ground what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation Just an offer.