Citrix Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

3.3

Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

HR processing is quick. First round is technical with Lead Escalation Engineer from the XenApp/XenDesktop team. The interview was over Go To Meeting and with Webcam. Took around 45 minutes. 90% of the technical questions were scenario based

Senior Software Engineer Mac and Ios Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. When recruiter called me for the position I told that i have experience on Objective C and COCOA.I told clearly that i don't have any experience on C or C++. Recruiter told me that there will be no issue and they are primarily looking for Objective C and COCOA.

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru) in Jan 2017. First round was Telephonic round and interviewer asked me questions on Basic Objective C and Cocoa. Interviewer asked me about my knowledge on C++ and i said i don't have any experience on it.

Overall interview experience was good.

The next day i got a mail from the recruiter saying that they cannot proceed further as i don't have knowledge on C++. So, i was rejected. I don't know why they scheduled interview if they don't want a person who don't have knowledge on C++.

If any one is applying please make sure that you have knowledge on C and C++

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain about NSUrlConnection and NSURLsession
      2) Memory Management questions like retain, AutoRelease pool, ARC.
      3) NSUser defaults
      4) About my previous project questions.
      Answer Question

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Telephonic interview first. It was good. Discussed about all the networking technologies from L2-L7. I answered everything. Interview was focused on TCP/IP, security protocols like ssl, ipsec. Application layer protocol like http, dns.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screen happened from panel
    2. 1:1 happened (3 hours) , 5 in panel
    3. telephonic happened (initially was to happen from US, waited for more than a week and then happened from India finally)
    4. Director's round happened

I was given very positive hope after 1:1 and was looking forward to join them soon, i was asked how soon can i join n all and i told them immediately available.Hiring manager showed signs about final approval too (usually happens after the offer but looks like he was too optimistic)

All rounds happened quite well and every face showed me hope at the end of it. I am pretty not sure what happened at last, i did not hear from the team and kept waiting, finally called up to know that someone else taken my place in the short list. How could that happen when someone is asking for HR round schedules and all and this had happened.

I heard a lot about Citrix but never thought that this is how the candidature is handled after final discussions n all. I am really heart broken now and kind of low.

At the end, i came to know that they were looking for senior role (but they knew it from the start i feel), so feedback is very vague and i feel its a political decision taken in this matter. I am kind of bait used here with all those high hopes and lies(feedback loops).

May be this is a kind of new experience for me looking at such pathetic candidature handling.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were three round of Interview ..
    1. Technical (Telephonic) - They called me by looking at the profile which I had updated in Naukri and told me to take up a technical interview the next week. In the tech interview they asked me the linux admin questions starting from LVM to process management ... at the end of the interview I asked the interviewer if I had done the interview well ... For that the interviewer said that I need to brush up some more on Storage and servers ... Then I asked him for some more time to prepare for the interview and luckily he agreed for the same and asked me to choose any date for the next tech interview ... I asked him one more weeks time and he agreed. In the next week I was able to clear the technical round - Questions asked - LVM related , DNS servers related process management related ... User management related, RAID concepts
    2. HR round (Telephonic) - In HR round they asked me why I left the previous company ... My education background ... and thats all
    3. Communication Round - This happened in ATPL Academy. It was more about listening and speaking ...

Interview Questions

• technical round - Questions asked - LVM related , DNS servers related process management related ... User management related, RAID concepts   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screens followed by F2F in House discussion. Took a long time to complete the process after this, even though i am not sure if it completed for sure. Had to do followups for getting response from HR. Once i was told that i was being dropped because of frequent job switches (which was pretty evident from my CV) and then again got a call month later saying i was not dropped but put on hold by the same person.

Still had to wait for another two weeks after which i decided to write a detailed account and dropping out from the candidature (this is reason because of which i don't know if i was dropped by them or because i pulled out :) )

Interview Questions

• what is my target, to work in 10 companies in 10 years?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

3 technical rounds followed by Hr Round. But after the HR round was told position was removed which is highly unacceptable . Complete waste of time. Process took around 1 month and 1 month of following up. They shouldn't have called for interview if they werent certain themselves about the position

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview involved a written test, followed by a technical discussion with the lead writer and the senior manager.

The key discussion points were:
    Basic Telecom networking concepts
    DITA working model
    OSI model
    Agile methodology

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial two technical rounds were conducted as part of screening. First one was telephonic and second was video-G.T.M. for online coding. Then after qualifying, i was called to CITRIX Bangalore for face-to-face interviews. There i had three technical rounds and one discussion with Director of Technology. Due to the time crunches as my flight back to Delhi was already scheduled on the same day, that last round with Director was not technically derived. So later i had one more technical round with the Director which was telephonic.
    Then i had one video-G.T.M. with HR-Manager. After that one more G.T.M. with HR, but that was a verbal discussion about the package offered which i accepted without any negotiation as the offered package was great and does not require any negotiation. After one week i received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 (Telephonic):
      1. Write your own macro for operator sizeof.
      2. C-Puzzle to find the output of a print statement which has a combination of the post and pre-increment addition operator.
      3. How arguments in printf statement are pushed on the stack (R-T-L or L-T-R) in GCC and BORLAND .
      4. Question on size of a given structure by rearranging the structure members and how to pack them to have the structure a small size.
      5. How to delete a node of a link list, having only a pointer to that node as an input.
      6. How to implement queue using stack. Then discussion over enqueue and dequeue process.
      7. How to implement get minimum in O(1) from a stack, considering run time deletion/insertion in the stack.
       8. Discussion over search complexity of BST and use case of skewed BST.

Round 2 (Video G.T.M.)
      1. With shared screen, write a code to implement string tokenizer with given set of tokenizers as input.
      Dry run of that code, providing a statement as input.

Face-To-Face (Citrix - Bangalore)
      Round3:
      1. Why layered check-sum is required in a packet.
      2. What TCP considers for calculation of check-sum.
      3. How TCP calculates check-sum when check-sum itself is one of the field of TCP-header.
      4. Write a code for implementing a queue using array (circular).
         And dry run of that code.

Round4:
      1. Why and how fragmentation of a packet happens.
      2. Does fragmentation occurs at every node, if not then why not.
      3. Write a code to check if string is a pan-gram. (Complexity is always considered).
      4. Write a code to find minimum number of replacements to make a string anagram to other string.
      5. When to use mutex and semaphores. Discussion over Binary semaphores and mutex.
      6. Discussion over semaphores and spin-locks.

Round5:
      1. What is window concept in TCP-IP.
      2. Questions on sequence and acknowledgement number in a packet flow between two connected nodes.
      3. Write a code for single link list.
      Dry run of a code considering all operations.
      4. Repeated question: How to delete a node in a link-list, having only a pointer to that node. Can last node be deleted given pointer to that node.
      5. Come up with data structure to be used for retrieving information searched on the basis of a string. And how to maintain top ten searched strings.

Round6:
      General Discussion with Director. He asked my prior works and told me the type of work done in his teams.

Round7 (Telephonic with Director):
      1. Which data structure to be used for efficient searching of strings.
      2. Repeated Question: How/Why/Where fragmentation of packet is done.

Round 8 (G.T.M. - Video with HR Manager)
      Discussion over:
      1. Strength and weakness (3 of each).
      2. Hobbies.
      3. Most challenging task with current employer.
      4. Where do you see yourself in coming 5 years.
      5. What do you know about CITRIX.

Round 9 (G.T.M - HR)
      Verbal discussion over package offered. No negotiation as such was required.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Indore) in August 2016.
    Interview process included , four rounds
    1. Online Test.
    In online test; programming, aptitude, reasoning, OS, Database based questions were asked.

2. Technical Interview.