Citrix Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Mac and Ios Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. When recruiter called me for the position I told that i have experience on Objective C and COCOA.I told clearly that i don't have any experience on C or C++. Recruiter told me that there will be no issue and they are primarily looking for Objective C and COCOA.

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru) in Jan 2017. First round was Telephonic round and interviewer asked me questions on Basic Objective C and Cocoa. Interviewer asked me about my knowledge on C++ and i said i don't have any experience on it.

Overall interview experience was good.

The next day i got a mail from the recruiter saying that they cannot proceed further as i don't have knowledge on C++. So, i was rejected. I don't know why they scheduled interview if they don't want a person who don't have knowledge on C++.

If any one is applying please make sure that you have knowledge on C and C++

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain about NSUrlConnection and NSURLsession
      2) Memory Management questions like retain, AutoRelease pool, ARC.
      3) NSUser defaults
      4) About my previous project questions.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screen happened from panel
    2. 1:1 happened (3 hours) , 5 in panel
    3. telephonic happened (initially was to happen from US, waited for more than a week and then happened from India finally)
    4. Director's round happened

I was given very positive hope after 1:1 and was looking forward to join them soon, i was asked how soon can i join n all and i told them immediately available.Hiring manager showed signs about final approval too (usually happens after the offer but looks like he was too optimistic)

All rounds happened quite well and every face showed me hope at the end of it. I am pretty not sure what happened at last, i did not hear from the team and kept waiting, finally called up to know that someone else taken my place in the short list. How could that happen when someone is asking for HR round schedules and all and this had happened.

I heard a lot about Citrix but never thought that this is how the candidature is handled after final discussions n all. I am really heart broken now and kind of low.

At the end, i came to know that they were looking for senior role (but they knew it from the start i feel), so feedback is very vague and i feel its a political decision taken in this matter. I am kind of bait used here with all those high hopes and lies(feedback loops).

May be this is a kind of new experience for me looking at such pathetic candidature handling.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were three round of Interview ..
    1. Technical (Telephonic) - They called me by looking at the profile which I had updated in Naukri and told me to take up a technical interview the next week. In the tech interview they asked me the linux admin questions starting from LVM to process management ... at the end of the interview I asked the interviewer if I had done the interview well ... For that the interviewer said that I need to brush up some more on Storage and servers ... Then I asked him for some more time to prepare for the interview and luckily he agreed for the same and asked me to choose any date for the next tech interview ... I asked him one more weeks time and he agreed. In the next week I was able to clear the technical round - Questions asked - LVM related , DNS servers related process management related ... User management related, RAID concepts
    2. HR round (Telephonic) - In HR round they asked me why I left the previous company ... My education background ... and thats all
    3. Communication Round - This happened in ATPL Academy. It was more about listening and speaking ...

Interview Questions

• technical round - Questions asked - LVM related , DNS servers related process management related ... User management related, RAID concepts   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screens followed by F2F in House discussion. Took a long time to complete the process after this, even though i am not sure if it completed for sure. Had to do followups for getting response from HR. Once i was told that i was being dropped because of frequent job switches (which was pretty evident from my CV) and then again got a call month later saying i was not dropped but put on hold by the same person.

Still had to wait for another two weeks after which i decided to write a detailed account and dropping out from the candidature (this is reason because of which i don't know if i was dropped by them or because i pulled out :) )

Interview Questions

• what is my target, to work in 10 companies in 10 years?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

3 technical rounds followed by Hr Round. But after the HR round was told position was removed which is highly unacceptable . Complete waste of time. Process took around 1 month and 1 month of following up. They shouldn't have called for interview if they werent certain themselves about the position

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview involved a written test, followed by a technical discussion with the lead writer and the senior manager.

The key discussion points were:
    Basic Telecom networking concepts
    DITA working model
    OSI model
    Agile methodology

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Indore) in August 2016.
    Interview process included , four rounds
    1. Online Test.
    In online test; programming, aptitude, reasoning, OS, Database based questions were asked.

2. Technical Interview.

C , Database , Data structure

3. Managerial Interview.
    4. HR interview.

Staff Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Let me confess first, I would not have attended the interview process (even though Citrix is in my wish list) if I was aware of the fact that interview will get dragged over two months with 5 rounds of telephone/GoToMeeting (duration over 6hr) and then 4 - 5 hrs. of onsite marathon interview with 30-45min lunch break. It was lengthiest interview in my career after Facebook-7hr and Amazon-6hr (technical). However, I understand every organization has their own way of hiring.
    GTM meetings were lengthy but interesting, it gave me opportunity to recollect all major subjects from Engineering. First half of onsite interview was also good, but things turned after lunch. I was given 15min break after lunch and that was the time when lost my focus, evil side of my brain started dominating and asking me if interviewers are looking for reason to reject me? I already spent 7-8hrs and they are not yet done, is it like they don’t know what they want from candidate etc etc…? I was not able to concentrate any more after it, my mind got diverted and getting somewhere else whenever I was given time to think. I knew, I will be rejected if they consider only last few coding questions where I did not get logic correct. I left for the day with only hope that – “There will be a review meeting with all interviewers to discuss about my strengths and weakness, and other coding questions will get noticed”, I had fair amount of chance in that case (I thought so, might be wrong).

Some notable (turning) points:
    1. I found interview process is not well organized, most of the interview got rescheduled. Well, hiring manager explained me reasons later.
    2. Around 30-40% questions were repeated by some or all interviewers, I did not quite understand why is so? Possibility - (a). There is a big communication gap between interviewers. (b). Everyone was trying to evaluate me independently.
    3. I was asked same coding question which was asked in GTM, my integrity did not allow me to keep silent. So I told the same and that was the turning point, interviewer changed his mind from asking problem from linkedlist or tree. I got screwed up by problem and my mind state 
    4. Got rejected for question 46,39,40 and 37, need to improve coding skills, I feel interviewers need to explore more on power of unit test framework ;)

Interview Questions

• Questions Asked (as I remember and not in order):
      1. Biggest challenge you faced?
      2. Your hobbies, how you keep yourself technically updated?
      3. Latest 2 trend in market.
      4. Why you want to change job, what are your short term and long term goals and your plans to achieve it?
      5. If you are given unlimited resource and money what you want to do for the company?
      6. Your company revenue and objective?
      7. Interesting bug you found?
      8. What challenge you have taken which was not good for you but good for company?
      9. If you become manager what 2 things u will do and what 2 things, you won't do?
      10. What happens when you type a URL like http://www.google.com/ (asked in almost all technical rounds)?
      11. What is the difference between TCP and UDP (asked by 3 interviewer)?
      12. What protocol you will choose for sending video data, TCP or UDP?
      13. How memory management works in windows, what is virtual memory, paging, segmentation? (asked by almost all).
      14. What is the use of registry?
      15. Why "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" present in Windows?
      16. How to debug a crash/memory leak in clean windows pc without external tools (clue-see task manager and event viewer)? (asked by almost everyone)
      17. test x = Fn(int a, int b); result will come from cache if you have already executed same inputs. give all scenarios.
      18. Test Notepad.exe cover corner cases.
      19. Design test framework for "mstsc.exe" where domain created and destroyed dynamically?
      20. How ping works, DNS, ARP, DHCP (asked almost in every round)?
      21. What is the use of default gateway?
      22. What is default state in silktest automation?
      23. Puzzle: in one room day 1 there is 2 butterfly, day 2 4 butterfly 3->8...99th day its 100% full, then which day it got filled half room (98th day)?
      24. Puzzle: 3 well in a row, 3 house in a row in front of it how to give water connection from each well to each house without crossing. (connect the wells)?
      25. Puzzle: fold A4 sheet in 2-4-8-9 equal parts.
      26. Write a inline function in python to swap two numbers.
      27. Write a function in VB to read from file.
      28. Write a function to reverse a string.
      29. What is demand paging and what is pure demand paging?
      30. Write a function to detect loop in linkedlist.
      31. Write a function to reverse word by word "Good Day" - > "dooG yaD".
      32. Write iterator function in binary tree with O(1).
      33. Features: F1, F2, F3...Fn and OS: OS1, OS2,... OSn how to configure it in automation framework to run in single click, eg. run all feature in all os except F2 and F3.
      34. Lots of question on project, CI and CD pipeline.
      35. Given a feature to test, tell me the strategy.
      36. You are given a software without any information like documentation, language domain etc, what will be ur approach to test it.
      37. Write a function to return boolean value if a binary number is divisible by int 3.
      38. Add two numbers when they are represented in two linked list, each digit is represented as a node.
      39. Write a function to return number of character to remove from a string to make it palindrome (eg. abcdcb ans - 1 character and its "a")
      40. Write function for coin vending machine (machine has limited coins of each), given a value, function has to return if it can give you change, if yes then count of each coins.
      41. Find kth element in linkedlist what if kth highest element in array?
      42. OOPS concept - polymorphism (compile time and runtime), Inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation, abstract class.
      43. What is singleton design pattern? why you need this pattern or when you will use this pattern?
      44. Factory design pattern.
      45. What is Delegate and what is delegate multicasting?
      46. Write a function to return words for given number (eg. 435 -> four hundred thirtyfive).
      47. Why Citrix, what you know about XenDesktop and XenApp architecture?
      48. What happens when you compile and execute application code (I explained all stages including memory part like code segment, data segment, stack and heap is used).
      49. what is the difference between a application and service?
      50. What are the differences between process and thread?
      51. Interface vs Abstract class.
      52. Ways to achieve runtime polymorphism and example? (abstract class & interface)
      53. Several question on OS virtualization.
      54. How will you design your automation framework to run it in all OS (windows, Linux, Mac, android, iOS etc.)?

UI/Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

"A waste of time", after clearing the first telephonic round of interview, I cleared 3 technical rounds of interview, the interviewers were impressed with my answers and approach. But after 3 rounds they asked me to leave for the day and said next rounds will be on some other day.

Firstly HR told they will conduct all the interviews on same day , later on said that your other rounds will be conducted on some other day.

Next day when I asked for the feedback , HR replied you didn't qualified, even though I answered almost all the questions in all the technical interviews.

The big mistake which I did was I didn't read the feedback of other people on the glass door (interview process), and later on I realize that what happened with me today , has already been happened with other people.They were also the victims like me.

Interview Questions

• (1) questions from data structures (arrays)
      (2) JavaScript based questions like closure, inheritance
      (3) some HTML5 validation questions and CSS3 questions

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

A hurriedly called face-to-face interview call and when I arrived, the interviewer did not know that I was coming, nor my name and did not even have my resume. I had to provide my copy of the resume which the interviewer was glancing while talking to me. I lost all the interest because of this insulting treatment and disrespect to my time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think about enterprise mobility space.   Answer Question