Citrix Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

3.3

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screens followed by F2F in House discussion. Took a long time to complete the process after this, even though i am not sure if it completed for sure. Had to do followups for getting response from HR. Once i was told that i was being dropped because of frequent job switches (which was pretty evident from my CV) and then again got a call month later saying i was not dropped but put on hold by the same person.

Still had to wait for another two weeks after which i decided to write a detailed account and dropping out from the candidature (this is reason because of which i don't know if i was dropped by them or because i pulled out :) )

Interview Questions

• what is my target, to work in 10 companies in 10 years?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

3 technical rounds followed by Hr Round. But after the HR round was told position was removed which is highly unacceptable . Complete waste of time. Process took around 1 month and 1 month of following up. They shouldn't have called for interview if they werent certain themselves about the position

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview involved a written test, followed by a technical discussion with the lead writer and the senior manager.

The key discussion points were:
    Basic Telecom networking concepts
    DITA working model
    OSI model
    Agile methodology

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial two technical rounds were conducted as part of screening. First one was telephonic and second was video-G.T.M. for online coding. Then after qualifying, i was called to CITRIX Bangalore for face-to-face interviews. There i had three technical rounds and one discussion with Director of Technology. Due to the time crunches as my flight back to Delhi was already scheduled on the same day, that last round with Director was not technically derived. So later i had one more technical round with the Director which was telephonic.
    Then i had one video-G.T.M. with HR-Manager. After that one more G.T.M. with HR, but that was a verbal discussion about the package offered which i accepted without any negotiation as the offered package was great and does not require any negotiation. After one week i received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 (Telephonic):
      1. Write your own macro for operator sizeof.
      2. C-Puzzle to find the output of a print statement which has a combination of the post and pre-increment addition operator.
      3. How arguments in printf statement are pushed on the stack (R-T-L or L-T-R) in GCC and BORLAND .
      4. Question on size of a given structure by rearranging the structure members and how to pack them to have the structure a small size.
      5. How to delete a node of a link list, having only a pointer to that node as an input.
      6. How to implement queue using stack. Then discussion over enqueue and dequeue process.
      7. How to implement get minimum in O(1) from a stack, considering run time deletion/insertion in the stack.
       8. Discussion over search complexity of BST and use case of skewed BST.

Round 2 (Video G.T.M.)
      1. With shared screen, write a code to implement string tokenizer with given set of tokenizers as input.
      Dry run of that code, providing a statement as input.

Face-To-Face (Citrix - Bangalore)
      Round3:
      1. Why layered check-sum is required in a packet.
      2. What TCP considers for calculation of check-sum.
      3. How TCP calculates check-sum when check-sum itself is one of the field of TCP-header.
      4. Write a code for implementing a queue using array (circular).
         And dry run of that code.

Round4:
      1. Why and how fragmentation of a packet happens.
      2. Does fragmentation occurs at every node, if not then why not.
      3. Write a code to check if string is a pan-gram. (Complexity is always considered).
      4. Write a code to find minimum number of replacements to make a string anagram to other string.
      5. When to use mutex and semaphores. Discussion over Binary semaphores and mutex.
      6. Discussion over semaphores and spin-locks.

Round5:
      1. What is window concept in TCP-IP.
      2. Questions on sequence and acknowledgement number in a packet flow between two connected nodes.
      3. Write a code for single link list.
      Dry run of a code considering all operations.
      4. Repeated question: How to delete a node in a link-list, having only a pointer to that node. Can last node be deleted given pointer to that node.
      5. Come up with data structure to be used for retrieving information searched on the basis of a string. And how to maintain top ten searched strings.

Round6:
      General Discussion with Director. He asked my prior works and told me the type of work done in his teams.

Round7 (Telephonic with Director):
      1. Which data structure to be used for efficient searching of strings.
      2. Repeated Question: How/Why/Where fragmentation of packet is done.

Round 8 (G.T.M. - Video with HR Manager)
      Discussion over:
      1. Strength and weakness (3 of each).
      2. Hobbies.
      3. Most challenging task with current employer.
      4. Where do you see yourself in coming 5 years.
      5. What do you know about CITRIX.

Round 9 (G.T.M - HR)
      Verbal discussion over package offered. No negotiation as such was required.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Indore) in August 2016.
    Interview process included , four rounds
    1. Online Test.
    In online test; programming, aptitude, reasoning, OS, Database based questions were asked.

2. Technical Interview.

C , Database , Data structure

3. Managerial Interview.
    4. HR interview.

Human Resources Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was simply unprofessional and HRs who are at least 6-8 years junior and who are completely out of sink with the market and the industry were in the interview panel. Between each interview they were making me wait for more than an hour. Very sad place and culture. Very sad HR team and totally lifeless lacks complete knowledge themselves.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through the employee referral. It consists of 6 rounds of interviews. First round is of telephonic. Basic questions on the web development and longed for an hour. Got invitation for F2F in the Citrix office. Next two rounds are technical and related to the job description. Guys who interviewed me are very gentle and accurate. 4th round is taken by the manager and he is very friendly too. I was asked to code two basic coding questions. After two weeks I was notified about the 5th round with Senior Director of Engineering. It is a casual talk about the culture of the company and other interests(blogging, reading) of mine. Last round is with an HR Manager. She is straight talking one who asked many behavioral questions. Asked me to quote the expected salary and current CTC. Next, she asked me to submit the documents for the background check. I did it and received the offer within a week. Citrix offered a good package which is far above from the market standards, so I didn't negotiate. I really enjoyed the whole process and happy to be part of it. The interview process is bit slow due to rigorous filtering in each round. Overall I felt very privileged to meet few great personalities. Respected Senior Director will inspire you a lot.

Interview Questions

• Write a procedure to compare two objects in JavaScript?   1 Answer
    • Given a string, write a token generator in your favorite language?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Campus placement. Pretty easy questions during the first round. Gets harder during managerial round.
    First round: Questions based on Data Structures and Algorithms, and few concepts on Networks are asked. It is not necessary to answer the Networks questions, more important on the algorithms side.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of subnetting?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

It was a campus recruiting process.Around 120 students had attended the online test.
    Test had two sections,one objective type questions on computer science core subjects like OS,DS,C++,C and CN .
    Second part was coding section which was held on hackerrank platform.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write a code to find the no of isalnds given a 2D array.   1 Answer

UI/Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

"A waste of time", after clearing the first telephonic round of interview, I cleared 3 technical rounds of interview, the interviewers were impressed with my answers and approach. But after 3 rounds they asked me to leave for the day and said next rounds will be on some other day.

Firstly HR told they will conduct all the interviews on same day , later on said that your other rounds will be conducted on some other day.

Next day when I asked for the feedback , HR replied you didn't qualified, even though I answered almost all the questions in all the technical interviews.

The big mistake which I did was I didn't read the feedback of other people on the glass door (interview process), and later on I realize that what happened with me today , has already been happened with other people.They were also the victims like me.

Interview Questions

• (1) questions from data structures (arrays)
      (2) JavaScript based questions like closure, inheritance