Citrix Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

3.3

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through the employee referral. It consists of 6 rounds of interviews. First round is of telephonic. Basic questions on the web development and longed for an hour. Got invitation for F2F in the Citrix office. Next two rounds are technical and related to the job description. Guys who interviewed me are very gentle and accurate. 4th round is taken by the manager and he is very friendly too. I was asked to code two basic coding questions. After two weeks I was notified about the 5th round with Senior Director of Engineering. It is a casual talk about the culture of the company and other interests(blogging, reading) of mine. Last round is with an HR Manager. She is straight talking one who asked many behavioral questions. Asked me to quote the expected salary and current CTC. Next, she asked me to submit the documents for the background check. I did it and received the offer within a week. Citrix offered a good package which is far above from the market standards, so I didn't negotiate. I really enjoyed the whole process and happy to be part of it. The interview process is bit slow due to rigorous filtering in each round. Overall I felt very privileged to meet few great personalities. Respected Senior Director will inspire you a lot.

Interview Questions

• Write a procedure to compare two objects in JavaScript?   1 Answer
    • Given a string, write a token generator in your favorite language?   1 Answer

Staff Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Let me confess first, I would not have attended the interview process (even though Citrix is in my wish list) if I was aware of the fact that interview will get dragged over two months with 5 rounds of telephone/GoToMeeting (duration over 6hr) and then 4 - 5 hrs. of onsite marathon interview with 30-45min lunch break. It was lengthiest interview in my career after Facebook-7hr and Amazon-6hr (technical). However, I understand every organization has their own way of hiring.
    GTM meetings were lengthy but interesting, it gave me opportunity to recollect all major subjects from Engineering. First half of onsite interview was also good, but things turned after lunch. I was given 15min break after lunch and that was the time when lost my focus, evil side of my brain started dominating and asking me if interviewers are looking for reason to reject me? I already spent 7-8hrs and they are not yet done, is it like they don’t know what they want from candidate etc etc…? I was not able to concentrate any more after it, my mind got diverted and getting somewhere else whenever I was given time to think. I knew, I will be rejected if they consider only last few coding questions where I did not get logic correct. I left for the day with only hope that – “There will be a review meeting with all interviewers to discuss about my strengths and weakness, and other coding questions will get noticed”, I had fair amount of chance in that case (I thought so, might be wrong).

Some notable (turning) points:
    1. I found interview process is not well organized, most of the interview got rescheduled. Well, hiring manager explained me reasons later.
    2. Around 30-40% questions were repeated by some or all interviewers, I did not quite understand why is so? Possibility - (a). There is a big communication gap between interviewers. (b). Everyone was trying to evaluate me independently.
    3. I was asked same coding question which was asked in GTM, my integrity did not allow me to keep silent. So I told the same and that was the turning point, interviewer changed his mind from asking problem from linkedlist or tree. I got screwed up by problem and my mind state 
    4. Got rejected for question 46,39,40 and 37, need to improve coding skills, I feel interviewers need to explore more on power of unit test framework ;)

Interview Questions

• Questions Asked (as I remember and not in order):
      1. Biggest challenge you faced?
      2. Your hobbies, how you keep yourself technically updated?
      3. Latest 2 trend in market.
      4. Why you want to change job, what are your short term and long term goals and your plans to achieve it?
      5. If you are given unlimited resource and money what you want to do for the company?
      6. Your company revenue and objective?
      7. Interesting bug you found?
      8. What challenge you have taken which was not good for you but good for company?
      9. If you become manager what 2 things u will do and what 2 things, you won't do?
      10. What happens when you type a URL like http://www.google.com/ (asked in almost all technical rounds)?
      11. What is the difference between TCP and UDP (asked by 3 interviewer)?
      12. What protocol you will choose for sending video data, TCP or UDP?
      13. How memory management works in windows, what is virtual memory, paging, segmentation? (asked by almost all).
      14. What is the use of registry?
      15. Why "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" present in Windows?
      16. How to debug a crash/memory leak in clean windows pc without external tools (clue-see task manager and event viewer)? (asked by almost everyone)
      17. test x = Fn(int a, int b); result will come from cache if you have already executed same inputs. give all scenarios.
      18. Test Notepad.exe cover corner cases.
      19. Design test framework for "mstsc.exe" where domain created and destroyed dynamically?
      20. How ping works, DNS, ARP, DHCP (asked almost in every round)?
      21. What is the use of default gateway?
      22. What is default state in silktest automation?
      23. Puzzle: in one room day 1 there is 2 butterfly, day 2 4 butterfly 3->8...99th day its 100% full, then which day it got filled half room (98th day)?
      24. Puzzle: 3 well in a row, 3 house in a row in front of it how to give water connection from each well to each house without crossing. (connect the wells)?
      25. Puzzle: fold A4 sheet in 2-4-8-9 equal parts.
      26. Write a inline function in python to swap two numbers.
      27. Write a function in VB to read from file.
      28. Write a function to reverse a string.
      29. What is demand paging and what is pure demand paging?
      30. Write a function to detect loop in linkedlist.
      31. Write a function to reverse word by word "Good Day" - > "dooG yaD".
      32. Write iterator function in binary tree with O(1).
      33. Features: F1, F2, F3...Fn and OS: OS1, OS2,... OSn how to configure it in automation framework to run in single click, eg. run all feature in all os except F2 and F3.
      34. Lots of question on project, CI and CD pipeline.
      35. Given a feature to test, tell me the strategy.
      36. You are given a software without any information like documentation, language domain etc, what will be ur approach to test it.
      37. Write a function to return boolean value if a binary number is divisible by int 3.
      38. Add two numbers when they are represented in two linked list, each digit is represented as a node.
      39. Write a function to return number of character to remove from a string to make it palindrome (eg. abcdcb ans - 1 character and its "a")
      40. Write function for coin vending machine (machine has limited coins of each), given a value, function has to return if it can give you change, if yes then count of each coins.
      41. Find kth element in linkedlist what if kth highest element in array?
      42. OOPS concept - polymorphism (compile time and runtime), Inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation, abstract class.
      43. What is singleton design pattern? why you need this pattern or when you will use this pattern?
      44. Factory design pattern.
      45. What is Delegate and what is delegate multicasting?
      46. Write a function to return words for given number (eg. 435 -> four hundred thirtyfive).
      47. Why Citrix, what you know about XenDesktop and XenApp architecture?
      48. What happens when you compile and execute application code (I explained all stages including memory part like code segment, data segment, stack and heap is used).
      49. what is the difference between a application and service?
      50. What are the differences between process and thread?
      51. Interface vs Abstract class.
      52. Ways to achieve runtime polymorphism and example? (abstract class & interface)
      53. Several question on OS virtualization.
      54. How will you design your automation framework to run it in all OS (windows, Linux, Mac, android, iOS etc.)?

UI/Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

"A waste of time", after clearing the first telephonic round of interview, I cleared 3 technical rounds of interview, the interviewers were impressed with my answers and approach. But after 3 rounds they asked me to leave for the day and said next rounds will be on some other day.

Firstly HR told they will conduct all the interviews on same day , later on said that your other rounds will be conducted on some other day.

Next day when I asked for the feedback , HR replied you didn't qualified, even though I answered almost all the questions in all the technical interviews.

The big mistake which I did was I didn't read the feedback of other people on the glass door (interview process), and later on I realize that what happened with me today , has already been happened with other people.They were also the victims like me.

Interview Questions

• (1) questions from data structures (arrays)
      (2) JavaScript based questions like closure, inheritance
      (3) some HTML5 validation questions and CSS3 questions

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Citrix visited my campus for campus recuitment drive on 5th July 2016.
    The round 1 was an elimination round ,where they asked us MCQ's(1 hour duration) and 2 Coding questions(again 1 hour) hosted on Hackerrank., then the students were shortlisted for round 2, which was Technical. After that if you clear that (Which i did) there was a Managerial round (Round 3) ,where various team leads were called and depending on the feedback from round 1 interviewer, they choose the the suitable students.
    Which was finally followed by HR(last round).

Disclaimer : Many of friends gave 3-4 tech rounds before HR , so it depends who early you prove yourself :P

Interview Questions

• In Round 1 : Basic Mcqs on Data structures ,OS , CN DBMS queries & Output based C++ questions and followed by 2 coding question one on Linked list and other on Dynamic programming.

Round 2: They asked me few puzzles , about my projects , general DSc, algo questions also.

Round 3 : Again puzzles , Software engineering, Scenerio based questions and about my interests .

Round 4 : General HR questions , about the job ,pay ,benefits etc etc.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

We first had a one hour aptitude test followed by a one hour coding round that had two questions - data structures related. About 50 students got shortlisted for the interview (from 450 students).
    I had one hour tech interview where I was asked questions from algorithms and DS. After that, I had an HR round in which i was asked a few puzzles and a few HR questions. The interviewers were jovial and the overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Citrix?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was a bit slow as overall process took almost 2 months. There were 5 Rounds including HR. (3 Technical 1 Managerial 1 HR).

Recruiters were easily reachable and updates were given within a week. Technical rounds were easy if your basic about networking is clear. US technical round went for 1 hour with lot of basic networking questions.

Managerial round was very good and she allowed me to talk to one of the technical team member. HR round was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Basic Networking questions and other questions on your resume. eg BGP, OSPF, QoS, Troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

A hurriedly called face-to-face interview call and when I arrived, the interviewer did not know that I was coming, nor my name and did not even have my resume. I had to provide my copy of the resume which the interviewer was glancing while talking to me. I lost all the interest because of this insulting treatment and disrespect to my time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think about enterprise mobility space.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

They had position for Software engineering and Testing position .
    The screening for citrix was done by two test - Aptitude (mcqs) and Coding test. After clearing this round, there was 2 tech interview , 1- managerial and 1-hr interview . They filter out people in each stages.

Interview Questions

• -Design Questions - Facebook Sytem
      -Checking for Palindrome
      -Creation of Generic struct in c
      -Pointer Questions

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

The best thing of the interview process was candidates were scheduled 1:1 round arranging in different time slots. So it did not wasted time. The interviewers were very polite and gentle. Though technical question on basic things were dug deep into which was bit unexpected for me. They asked questions on TCP/IP protocols, DNS, TCP/UDP flags, SSL, HTTP, FTP in details.

Interview Questions

• Q. Explain SSL Handshake process in details. How the master key is generated?
      Q. What are different types of HTTP request?
      Q. What are the TCP/UDP flags and what is their use
      Q. What is the vulnerability in 'Urgent' flag?
      Q. Explain the DNS resolution process in details. What are different types of DNS systems available and what are the types of record?
      Q. How you host a URL to internet? What are the methods available to load-balance?
      Q. How to capture packets? What information will be in packet in a paricular sscenario.
      Q. What is the difference between passive & Active FTP.

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The interview started with one of the panel members asking me some questions related to linked list. Although I was informed of the jd related to java server side but all I was being asked was network related stuff though my resume doesn't mention any such competency. The interview environment got overtly casual when the interviewer seemed to have fallen short of questions. At this point another interviewer joined us and asked me some basic questions on java. Having answered those he started asking me questions on something they were working on. I have had few interviews here n there in past few weeks but this one takes the crown of being the most amateur one. Unsurprisingly the hr told me next day that feedback was not positive.