Citrix Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England | Glassdoor

Citrix Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website with a one-page CV, followed by an online Codility test, a phone interview, and finally an assessment day at their office.

The Codility test consisted of three tasks with an overall 100 min time limit, and I had to take it within five days. The phone interview was pretty simple, interviewer was friendly and called me back within three days to invite me to the assessment day, which consisted of a couple of group tasks and two technical interviews, plus a speed networking session with different hiring managers to get an idea of what the different teams do and where you'd best fit.

The group tasks were quite fun and flexible/open enough to give you a chance to show how you work with people and how you think. The networking sessions were also a great chance to learn more about the company and the different sectors available, as well as getting a feel for the company culture, and the technical interviews didn't feel like an interrogation. All in all, the assessment day was really well done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Intern salary is fixed but very generous. Advice to applicants: brush up on your data structures and operating systems for the technical interview, read up on the company and their products, be friendly and enthusiastic.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy online coding test, quick phone interview about motivation and a few technical questions (i skipped them, since the interviewer messed up and called me late). Assessment centre - group exercise, 6 15 min interviews with hiring managers and 2 45 min technical interviews. Technical were standard questions. Interviewed at the office in Cambridge, looked nice with a good few perks

Interview Questions

• Code to compute nth fib number, why work here, what role you see yourself in here   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with a telephone interview with one of the development managers; this centred on past experiences and future goals with a few technical questions. The telephone interview lasted around 40 minutes. This was followed up by an on-site interview with 2 senior developers and 2 other development managers. This interview lasted around 2 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview with your manager with technical questions about Binary tree, Linked List, The diference between process and multithreads, about OOP (inheritance, polymorphism, abstract class, etc)

On site interview:
     - Technical interview (3 engineers):

1. Describe the architecture of a big project you worked on
      2. Some algorithmics programming on the whiteboard
      3. Designing a struct of class hierarchy given a set of requirements.

- Interview with you manager (aleatory questions, about your last projects, your behavior before some situation,etc)

- Interview with other manager ( the same above)

I have lunch with some engineer, because the process took from 10am to 4pm. The team looks very nice and also the managers. Unfortunately I didn't success.

Interview Questions

• Designing a struct of class hierarchy given a set of requirements.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Rigorous in-person interview (no phone pre-screening) but then I lived locally. It became clear quickly that they wanted more of a mathematician than a software engineer. That's fair enough but it would have been better for all concerned if that had been clear up front. Three or four one-to-one interviews in succession, all of them technical. I presume had the prospects been better I would eventually have had a more HR-centered discussion too.

Interview Questions

• Deriving an algorithm from first principles for solving a cartesian algebra problem with a large data set, given only a pencil and paper.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Interview

Telephone Interview with your manager (with technical questions)

On site interview:
     - Quick Interview with HR
     - Technical interview (3 engineers)
     - Interview with you manager
     - Interview with the director

You won't go to the next stage if you don't pass the previous one.

The technical interview usually consist of the following stages:
      - Describe the architecture of a big project you worked on
      - General computer science questions.
      - Algorithmic programming on the whiteboard
      - Design Questions

Interview Questions

• Question about designing a class hierarchy given a set of requirements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a really good offer well above the average! I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was related to cloud solutions and architecture. There was also a requirements question and a technical programming question.
    A lot of whiteboard writing was done, both with diagrams and with code. They were very easy going and helpful and I was given a tour of the office.
    The rest was discussing some of the projects I had been involved in.

Interview Questions

• The requirements question was unexpected but fun to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

It was very nice. After a brief talk with HR and my (possible) future manager, I spoke directly with the 'technical guys', i.e., a subset of my (possible) future colleague. It was more a "technical conversation" than a real interview with quitz and coding question (although there were some). That was because they had already looked not only at my CV, but also at some Open Source code I wrote in the past, which is a really nice (and unexpected, at least for me, at least at the time) way of carrying on interviews, as something important someone has produced in months or years of work tells much more than how long it takes to him to write a function to reverse a string! They did a great job in making me comfortable enough and in explaining me what my (possible) future job would be like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just accepted the offer they sent me

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview occurred with a director and a manager. I was asked to talk about myself, look at some code and make some UML-type stuff. They already knew me to a certain extent as I was coming from a different part in the company.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string in your favorite language   1 Answer
    • Design 2 python objects and their relationship on the whiteboard   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer was not realistic and I've exposed it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial 1.5h video call with team lead including small programming tasks and checking general tehcnical expertise. Couple of days later 1.5h video call with software director. Couple of days later at least 4h of technical interviews with various developers including programming tasks, technical expertise and interpersonal skills. All in all professional and nice interviews.

Interview Questions

• Programming puzzles of average difficulty. Not just algorithms but also refactoring/extension/optimization of existing code bases. In various languages: C, Python, Ocaml, bash.   Answer Question