Citrix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

3.1

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume using their website. Within a week I started e-mailing with the in-house recruiter and scheduled a call with Senior Manager of PM. The call was on time and we had a very good conversation and everything felt very positive. That was the last I ever heard from them. I contacted the recruiter for a followup but never go a response.

Interview Questions

• Question about prioritization, roadmap building and other PM tasks   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citrix.

Interview

I applied for a job posting and was contacted a week later by a recruiter to set up an initial screening. The screen call went well and two weeks later I had an interview with the hiring manager. Once again everything went well and I was asked to meet with the team lead for a technical interview through video.

This is where the process quickly went bad. The lead showed up about ten minutes late, was very rude, and was clearly unprepared. They started by asking me to tell them about myself and thirty seconds into my answer they cut me off and said I needed to wrap up my answer so we could get to the technical exercises. It only got worse from there. They asked me to open their repository and I asked if they would be sending it through email or chat. In a very annoyed tone the interviewer told me that the link was in my invite email and that I should have read it more carefully. I knew that the link was not included and still had the email open so as nicely as I could I pointed out that it was not provided but that if they sent it to me now I'd be happy to take a look. The interviewer made another annoyed expression but sent me the link. They then asked me to open a file in the repository and start working on the listed problems but they asked me to use a language that was in no way tied to the role. When I mentioned that I was not familiar with the language they requested or aware that it was a part of the job role but I'd be happy to perform the exercises in one of the languages listed for the role the interviewer again acted annoyed but agreed. I began to work through the exercises, explaining my thought process along the way, and thought I was doing well but about twenty minutes in the interviewer said they had seen enough and asked if I had any questions. It was at this point that I realized that not only was my interviewer unpleasant, they weren't qualified to conduct the interview. Since they were supposed to be the team lead I began to ask technical questions to gain a better understanding of the role and the group. The interviewer literally had no idea what I was talking about. Even simple questions like whether the team was agile, how testing was conducted, or if they have a code review process were met with blank stares, ums, or non-answers. I finally asked what the next steps would be and all the interviewer said was that I'd hear back soon. I asked if there was a specific timeline in mind and they gave me a nasty look and repeated that I'd hear back soon. They then ended the interview rather abruptly without even exchanging parting pleasantries.

Given how unprofessional the interviewer was and the fact that since they were the team lead I'd be reporting directly to them I knew that I didn't want to take on the role. I tried to contact the recruiter but never got a response. About three weeks after the interview I got an email from the recruiter saying that they didn't feel I was the best fit for the role.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed up by an interview at their location in Raleigh. You'll have experience with an employee of how the job is like, go right to the phones and start cold calling, and then proceed to be interviewed by two individuals (One on resume, one on personality).

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The overall experience is very enjoyable. The interviewer is a senior product manager with a nice smile all the time. The interview lasts 45 mins for three technical problems. The questions are pretty simple about reverse string and string manipulation. Got the interview call from University career fair.

Interview Questions

• Question about strings, to look up each character in a database.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

it is long but they knock out in one day instead of 3 separate interviews. They have one phone interview to screen you then they had me come in for a 4 hour interview. They showed me around the building, had me sit in with someone making calls then make my own cold calls. and finally there were two 45 minute interviews from two separate managers.

Interview Questions

• what is something your last employees would say you need to improve upon and another quality they would say you are great at?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none hey offer you the job and you take it or they move on to the next person.

Mid-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

An initial phone interview with recruiting. Just when I was thinking I wouldn't hear back from anyone at Citrix, I was contacted for an interview with a VP.

The interview (VP) was hosted via "Go To Meeting" and last about 40 minutes. I did the polite gesture of writing the "Thank You" email and expressed my enthusiasm. I received a note back from the hiring VP advising that I would hear from either himself or recruiting.

That was 2 months ago, I can only assume the position has been filled. Very interesting approach.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citrix in November 2016.

Interview

Citrix recruiter contacted me using LinkedIn ,Then scheduled following interviews with technical team.

1)technical round over phone.
    2)tech round two over phone
    3)problem solving coding challenge over email.
    Replied back with solution to the problem

Interview Questions

• my interview followed by couple of personal questions, technical knowledge and data structures of 2 rounds followed by coding challenge .   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Met Citrix at the university Career Fair and was scheduled for an interview the next day after talking to the Citrix representative. The interview consisted of questions based on my resume and a couple of behavioral questions followed by a case study involving a scenario and how to solve the issues at hand. After the initial interview Citrix extended an on-site interview offer to me and flew me out to Fort Lauderdale, FL. The on-site was a full day, starting from breakfast, to on-your-feet powerpoint presentations, to behavioral interviews, lunch, campus tour, corporate housing tour, and dinner with Citrix employees who were also Technical Analysts and their managers and about 10 other interviewees. Everyone at the company was very nice and more than willing to answer any questions the interviewees had, up to the point where the interviewees were out of questions and didn't know what to ask anymore. Overall the experience was very nice, if not quite tiring. Citrix got back to me with a decision almost a month later.

Interview Questions

• What shaped your experiences the most besides (most influential experience seen on resume)?   Answer Question

Senior Manager SSO-Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone interview with recruiting, 30 minute interview with hiring manager, half-day interview on campus comprised of five 45 minute interviews -- hiring manager, lateral employees, indirect reports.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, then an onsite, panel interview. The interview itself was pretty easy, but I would not recommend this company. It seems like they don't check the level of experience on your resume.