Citrix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

3.1

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I originally went through a recruiter, who was very nice. The day of the interview was very long. I had to be there very early and go through two interviews, job shadowing and a period trying my hand at sales. There is so much glass that you feel very observed the entire time. They walked you around to show you some of the perks and tempt you in to thinking it will be fun. I didn't leave until after 1pm and was exhausted from the noise and overstimulation in the building.

Associate Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Interview process was quick and straight forward. A week from my initial phone call with the HR rep I had my first interview, which was conducted in a round robin style process with 4 managers. All managers were very personable and down to earth, which made the process bearable. I received a phone call the following day extending a job offer.

Lead Renewal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (New York, NY).

Interview

HR was prompt in lining up multiple rounds of interview. Interviewers seemed to be like in their own shell and not tuned with the changing trends of the market. Regular standard questions like what is your motivation, strengths & weaknesses. HR never communicated anything after 3 rounds of interview.. very dissappointed and very bad experience. Will never apply to this company again

AE Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Citrix.

Interview

Did not get any more information for you to use. they have a really simple process of doing the interview and are trying to not get better at it. So just be rerally close to your manager and it should be fine.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citrix (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Do not waste your time for this company. I cleared the phone interview. I was called for an onsite. I did really well as the interviewers were not up to the standard and asked me very easy questions. However, I tried to follow up with the HR every week asking about the onsite interview result. Its been 2 months and they have not responded. Do not waste your time by applying to this company.
    --Initial telephone interview 45 minutes
    --5 hour onsite interview (5 people , with 45 min to 1 hour each)

Interview Questions

• basic questions and mediocre technical questions. One of the interviewer was just not interested in asking any technical questions as he said "I do not believe in such technical interviews". I was completely surprised.   Answer Question

Database Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for a Database position. First interview they gave me the incorrect information for dialing in. After reschedule, they interviewed me for the wrong position and kept going.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume using their website. Within a week I started e-mailing with the in-house recruiter and scheduled a call with Senior Manager of PM. The call was on time and we had a very good conversation and everything felt very positive. That was the last I ever heard from them. I contacted the recruiter for a followup but never go a response.

Interview Questions

• Question about prioritization, roadmap building and other PM tasks   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citrix.

Interview

I applied for a job posting and was contacted a week later by a recruiter to set up an initial screening. The screen call went well and two weeks later I had an interview with the hiring manager. Once again everything went well and I was asked to meet with the team lead for a technical interview through video.

This is where the process quickly went bad. The lead showed up about ten minutes late, was very rude, and was clearly unprepared. They started by asking me to tell them about myself and thirty seconds into my answer they cut me off and said I needed to wrap up my answer so we could get to the technical exercises. It only got worse from there. They asked me to open their repository and I asked if they would be sending it through email or chat. In a very annoyed tone the interviewer told me that the link was in my invite email and that I should have read it more carefully. I knew that the link was not included and still had the email open so as nicely as I could I pointed out that it was not provided but that if they sent it to me now I'd be happy to take a look. The interviewer made another annoyed expression but sent me the link. They then asked me to open a file in the repository and start working on the listed problems but they asked me to use a language that was in no way tied to the role. When I mentioned that I was not familiar with the language they requested or aware that it was a part of the job role but I'd be happy to perform the exercises in one of the languages listed for the role the interviewer again acted annoyed but agreed. I began to work through the exercises, explaining my thought process along the way, and thought I was doing well but about twenty minutes in the interviewer said they had seen enough and asked if I had any questions. It was at this point that I realized that not only was my interviewer unpleasant, they weren't qualified to conduct the interview. Since they were supposed to be the team lead I began to ask technical questions to gain a better understanding of the role and the group. The interviewer literally had no idea what I was talking about. Even simple questions like whether the team was agile, how testing was conducted, or if they have a code review process were met with blank stares, ums, or non-answers. I finally asked what the next steps would be and all the interviewer said was that I'd hear back soon. I asked if there was a specific timeline in mind and they gave me a nasty look and repeated that I'd hear back soon. They then ended the interview rather abruptly without even exchanging parting pleasantries.

Given how unprofessional the interviewer was and the fact that since they were the team lead I'd be reporting directly to them I knew that I didn't want to take on the role. I tried to contact the recruiter but never got a response. About three weeks after the interview I got an email from the recruiter saying that they didn't feel I was the best fit for the role.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed up by an interview at their location in Raleigh. You'll have experience with an employee of how the job is like, go right to the phones and start cold calling, and then proceed to be interviewed by two individuals (One on resume, one on personality).

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The overall experience is very enjoyable. The interviewer is a senior product manager with a nice smile all the time. The interview lasts 45 mins for three technical problems. The questions are pretty simple about reverse string and string manipulation. Got the interview call from University career fair.

Interview Questions

• Question about strings, to look up each character in a database.   Answer Question