Citrix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citrix Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Met the recruiters at the university career fair. On campus interview for 1 hr the next day and then onsite at the Fort Lauderdale office a week later. Interview questions mostly focused on Operating Systems, TCP/IP network protocols and data structures. The HR called the next day after the onsite interview with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minutes quick interview. Basically looking to feel out what you know and what you don't know. I would say it was more of an introduction than an actual interview. Interviewer was looking for what my skills were and whether or not I met the basic criteria for the job. After which, he told me, if I was ready for it, there would be a second interview. (I didn't perform well and lacked a few skills that were necessary for the job)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I meet the engineer at the career fair and he may ask questions about data structure and algorithm, C++, network and operating systems if you have taken these classes. It just tests whether you have a basic understanding of these classes. You may also need to write code on paper or on white board.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

During my phone interview process, I had the opportunity to share my experience with the hiring manager to really align my qualifications to the role. We discussed recent news and how I could help expand the company. I'm waiting for my follow up for the next step.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my role with my current position and how that would align with what Citrix was looking to accomplish moving forward.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst/Sales Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with them at campus career fair and received an interview the next day. They followed up with a behavior interview over the computer. Very basic questions of how you work with a team and how you deal with stress. Also, asked questions regarding your resume. Flying me out to there headquarters for another interview.

Interview Questions

• How many tennis balls can fill a limousine?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews. They were about an hour each in length. Went over my resume, my interests, and standard interview questions to get a better feel for who I was a person and potential intern. The interviews were about 2 weeks apart from one another as they went through potential candidates and narrowed down the applicant pool.

Interview Questions

• They looked at previous work experience and asked me why I chose to work at that particular place.   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

In general, the interview process was very comprehensive. Total time was about 6 hours. About 4 of these 6 hours were invested in technical evaluation.The remainder was getting to know the team, management, work description and any other questions. It is evident that they seek nothing but the best in their engineering division.

Interview Questions

• Describe different authentication mechanisms used in practice and detail the differences among the ones you select.   Answer Question

Senior Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The first stage is a phone screening interview with the hiring manager. He'll ask general questions about experience, achievements and attitude towards work. Next I joined all team members in an videoconference interview where they asked me specific questions about my experience, skills and attitude. Finally, they asked me to visit the company headquarters where I met other managers and senior level executives.

Interview Questions

• 1. Are you familiar with the 12-factor App methodology?
      2. How would you plan and execute a blue-green deployment?
      3. Describe the components of a CI/CD pipeline implementation you are familiar with. Next they asked me to describe each component in detail and my role in the contribution to the infrastructure that supports the CI/CD pipeline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a coding test on GoToMeeting. You have the option of using a virtual environment provided by citrix, or using your own environment and sharing your desktop. I highly recommend assuming the environment provided by them will be completely unusable and using your machine. I had unbelievable latency and there was a 10 second lag time for each mouse click or key press, making it impossible to use their environment. In the end I wasted 30 of the 90 minutes allotted for the test getting my environment set up. I finally gave up and used my own environment and shared my desktop to complete the exercise.

The onsite interview took 6 hours, There were 4 interviews, including a lunch interview. Everyone I interviewed with was very professional and helpful, and I felt that I did well. I left feeling cautiously optimistic. I was told they would probably take the next week for feedback and should contact me during the following week.

However, I was never contacted with the results of the interview and after a month I'm sure they ended up going with someone else. That they would have someone use a vacation day to spend in onsite interviews and never even bother to follow up is unbelievable to me. In almost 20 years in the industry I don't believe I have ever experienced such a lack of professionalism, and I certainly did not expect it from a company the size of Citrix. I assumed that maybe I just fell through the cracks but reading the feedback here I see that seems to be their SOP. Truly lamentable that they would treat their candidates so shabbily and with complete disregard for their time. They could have sent me a one line email to the effect of "We regret to inform you that we have decided to go with another candidate for the position you recently interviewed for" and I would have been satisfied. Instead I spend 3 weeks checking my phone for missed emails or voicemails.

I honestly had a positive experience and felt like everyone that I interacted with was extremely professional. If they had given me the expected feedback in a timely manner this would have been a positive interview experience, even without the offer. Obviously there is always a chance of not getting hired when you interview, but not being given the decision in a timely manner is unconscionable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing they asked was unexpected. Be prepared to answer in depth questions about your language of choice (C# in my case). Be up to date with recent developments of the language. Especially parallel, async, multi threading, what goes on behind the scenes with yield / return and async / await, etc... Standard stuff. Be prepared to write code on the whiteboard for standard problem solving questions, and expect the standard questions about operational complexity and data structures / algorithims.   Answer Question

Service Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The Interviews process is very slow and no one knew what was going on I was contacted by three different internal recruiters weeks apart. After months of waiting and three interview nothing happened. Waste of time, but I guess it was a blessing. I wouldn't want to work for such a disorganized company anyway.

Interview Questions

• They ask lots of server and network question to gauge your knowledge on both. Pretty basic stuff that gradually becomes more difficult.   Answer Question