Citrix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citrix Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citrix in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral on July 18. The next day, I received an email inviting me to a meet-and-greet on July 20 with current employees at a nearby restaurant/bar. The meet-and-greet was very relaxed. It took place in the standing area near the bar portion of the restaurant. Upon arrival, employees and prospective hires got name tags and two drink tickets. Prospective hires also got "business cards" (small cards with only our name on it) to pass out to employees that we talked to so they would remember our names. The event lasted roughly two hours and was in no way intimidating. I went into it expecting to be asked interview-type questions, but that was not the case. There were a few hiring managers there who asked questions like "why do you want to get into sales?" and stuff like that, but it was a very no pressure atmosphere. I spoke briefly to three hiring managers and focused the rest of my time speaking with current employees to get a handle of what the job entailed, how they liked it, etc. Most of the employees were younger 20-somethings in my age range and had been with Citrix for a year or so, so they had pretty fresh memories about what it was like starting out. I absolutely loved having the meet-and-greet opportunity to feel out the job before having an interview.

A few days after the meet-and-greet on July 25, I got a call from the recruiter to schedule and interview for later that week. The interview is scheduled in 1.5 hour blocks and is broken up into two sections: job shadowing and the formal interview. I had done my research on Glassdoor and saw that in previous interviews, they've had people call clients to see how they are on the phone. I'm guessing they don't do this in every interview because I ended up not doing this. The first 45 minutes of my interview were spent job shadowing with an employee who was there for 2 years I think. I listened in on a couple of his calls and asked him questions about his experience, if I needed to expect anything during the interview, etc.

The second 45 minute block of my interview was the formal interview with one of the hiring managers. Before the interview, he took me to the kitchen to grab some water and took me on a quick tour of the space. In his office, we began the interview with a run-through of my resume. I was expecting an interview full of typical "interview questions" that were scripted but this interview focused around my resume. We walked through my resume starting at the bottom and he asked questions pertaining to my experience, accomplishments, and challenges throughout. Although these were more of typical interview questions, they didn't feel scripted and felt like they came from a place of genuine interest. From the meet and greet to the actual interview, everyone I came into contact with made sure I was aware of the long hours and tough nature of the work.

Later that evening, I received an email from the recruiter with four questions:

1) How do you see this role at Citrix helping you move forward in your career and towards your eventual goals? What aspects of the job and company are most important to you as you consider this opportunity?

2) What potential downsides do you see with the position, and what particular challenges and obstacles do you anticipate having to overcome to be successful at Citrix?

3) What steps are you willing to take and how do you plan to overcome the potential challenges you anticipate?

4) How does this opportunity compare to others you are considering?

I replied to the email the next morning and got a call later that afternoon with an offer.

TL;DR - quick process (2 weeks) but I think it was because I had an employee referral. If you have the opportunity to go to a meet and greet, GO. You'll learn more about the job than anything you can read online. Fairly straight-forward interview. Great office culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$30,000 base salary with uncapped commission. It's my understanding that most successful people in this role make high commission because many of the people I talked to in this role talked about salary being a perk.

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

They contacted me and I was interviewed on the phone the day after. Recruiter decided right away that my background and skills do not match with their job requirements. Seems like people reach out you without reading your resume at all. On that note, the only requirement was knowing vlookup and pivot table.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions like why this job, why this company etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix in July 2016.

Interview

Have applied online and got a call in a week. Then scheduled phone screen 1 in a week. It was good 1.5 hour interview on data structures, operating systems, networking, android... also wrote a program.
    2nd round again phone screen. Interviewer did not turn up twice. third time again same type screening for 1.5 hour.

After doing all they did not call me or send me a message about the result. Not replying to my mail too. Its extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• data structures, operating systems, networking, android and Level order tree traversal.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was an all day affair, starting at 9am and ending at 1:45. There were four of us interviewing and the first thing was a tour of the office with everyone. After that they had us rotate through talking to 2 different managers, sitting in a phone call and then making phone calls. Next we had lunch and then a Q&A session with two employees, one that was relatively new and one that had been there longer. This was a chance to ask them anything without the presence of any managers or reporting back to their managers.

Interview Questions

• How will this position and working here align with your ultimate goals?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a email for a phone screening. The interviewer was very nice and it seemed more as if it was a conversation. Very personable and warm. While some questions were typical it still requires preparation. The interviewer had a ton of strong things to say about the company and was very enthusiastic and informative throughout the entire interview.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Received email from HR regarding technical interviews. 2 interviews on go to meeting. OS,Networking, Front-end, Back-end, SQL related questions. 5 On-site interviews. 2 Behavioral interviews, 1 technical panel and 1 system design. Lunch provided onsite. I was expecting Data Structures and Algorithm based questions along with OS and Networking. The role was more a web development based. I am not very fluent with web development. The overall experience was positive. I should have prepared more in web programming.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a new grad position and was contacted by a recruiter for an interview using their online meeting software. The interview happened a week later and was with 2 engineers (though I could hear a third through the mic). They did not seem too personable and one of the engineers was 10 minutes late. The interview was very difficult consisting of mostly operating systems and networking questions. (Though it was for a software development position). After I answered a question right, they would drill deeper and deeper into the topic until they were sure I wasn't capable of answering as I possess a Master's degree in neither of these fields. They seem intent on breaking you down. Towards the end they ask you to write and debug some code. These challenges were surprisingly easy, given you know the syntax of the language used.

After the interview, they asked me if I had any questions. I had another offer with a deadline, so I asked when I would be hearing back. They told me within a week or two. I never heard from them again. The recruiter even ignored my follow-up email. This was the worst interview experience I have ever had. I wouldn't want to work for a place like this.

Interview Questions

• How can you use a mutex to solve the starvation problem in a priority based CPU scheduler?
      What are the conditions for a deadlock?
      Answer Question

ShareFile Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter, then was invited to a networking event to meet several employees of Citrix, then was invited on-site for a 5 hour interview which included lunch (45 mins), Q&A session with current employees (45 mins), interviews with 2 different hiring managers (90 mins.), shadowing a current employee (30 mins) & making calls (30 mins).

Interview Questions

• How do you see the opportunity at Citrix helping you move forward in your career and towards your eventual goals? What aspects of the job and company are most important to you as you consider this opportunity?   Answer Question
    • What potential downsides do you see with the company, and what particular challenges and obstacles do you anticipate having to overcome to be successful at Citrix?   Answer Question
    • What steps are you willing to take and how do you plan to overcome the potential challenges you anticipate?   Answer Question
    • How does this opportunity compare to others you are considering? Is it your first choice or just one of many?   Answer Question

Data Scientist-network Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citrix in June 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. They did not mention that the interview will be fully technical. At the time of the call, the interviewer did not bother to give more information about the company. She started by asking about my background. Then she asked a few questions about the projects on my resume. Asked about the courses I took and then a few more questions about machine learning and stats. Then she asked if I was comfortable with python and told me to work on a simple problem. She did not give clear instructions on finding a solution so I used libraries to solve the problem,. Then she told me I could not use libraries. Wasted my time. After that she gave me one more problem to solve. Asked me about data structures. She was not very clear as what she wanted. She was asking a bit of everything which pissed me off. Over that she did not seem very interested as she was typing something on her computer for the whole interview. After she was done with the questions, she seemed unsatisfied which was okay but she said this to me-" now anyway just 2-3 minutes are left, you can ask questions if you want" which made me feel unwanted and rejected instantly. I knew I was not getting a call from her again.

Interview Questions

• DATASTRUCT
      1.given a string display the charcter with highest frequency
      2. sorting
      3. dictionary of python

MACHINE LEARNING AND STATS
      4. what is the difference between bias and variance?
      5. whats a pvalue?
      6. what parameters do you use in logistic regression classifier(in scikit learn)?
      7. how do you choose the best model
      Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went through a total of 8 phone calls / Go-To-Meetings including the final call with the Sr. Director of the team (IT / Enterprise Networking Group). My confidence was pretty high after going 8 rounds with about everyone in this entire organization. Then they want radio silent and I didn't hear anything until following up about a week later only to find out they decided on someone else.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on technical experience   1 Answer