Citrix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3.1

LMS Manager - Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

One recruitment company called and told me that Citrix is looking for someone who manage their in-house learning management system. It is short term contract nearly 4 months and the person will be paid hourly. I showed my interest and agreed for an interview.
    The person from citrix conducted my interview and liked my skills so much. She gave me an offer right away,

Interview Questions

• How many learning management systems you work with?   Answer Question
    • Please explain your experience working with different LMSs?   Answer Question
    • Why you think you will be an ideal candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I emailed a recruiter at Citrix directly and got an email about a speaking with the her for a 15 min phone interview the same day. I then had another interview with a consultant lasting about 45 min. Standard questions everyone should be ready for if you've ever had an interview before. I got a call back a few days later and I am now waiting to take a technical interview in a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was standard.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Phone conversation with the hiring manager. Like most hiring manager, the HM was interested in the project, so the conversation mainly focused on one project of the resume, talk through it and prepare for any why and why not questions. Interviewer was nice and attentive, not much unrelated questions were asked.

2. Interview (goto meeting) online with two engineers, team members are based in india, so I talked to them early in the morning. Asked 4 to 5 IQ questions (which you might already read on CTCI). Some basic algorithm questions were also from CTCI or Leetcode, easy to medium level.

3. Meet in person with the hiring manager, talked about some questions in the real work. If you have related background to answer these questions, then it's easy.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are basic data structure questions about linked list, binary tree, which does not need much preparation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The original offer was average in the bay area, so I provided another offer for the recrutier to match it. My previous company might be the similar style to this and my technology background is a match, so I think it's safe to accept the offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citrix in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral on July 18. The next day, I received an email inviting me to a meet-and-greet on July 20 with current employees at a nearby restaurant/bar. The meet-and-greet was very relaxed. It took place in the standing area near the bar portion of the restaurant. Upon arrival, employees and prospective hires got name tags and two drink tickets. Prospective hires also got "business cards" (small cards with only our name on it) to pass out to employees that we talked to so they would remember our names. The event lasted roughly two hours and was in no way intimidating. I went into it expecting to be asked interview-type questions, but that was not the case. There were a few hiring managers there who asked questions like "why do you want to get into sales?" and stuff like that, but it was a very no pressure atmosphere. I spoke briefly to three hiring managers and focused the rest of my time speaking with current employees to get a handle of what the job entailed, how they liked it, etc. Most of the employees were younger 20-somethings in my age range and had been with Citrix for a year or so, so they had pretty fresh memories about what it was like starting out. I absolutely loved having the meet-and-greet opportunity to feel out the job before having an interview.

A few days after the meet-and-greet on July 25, I got a call from the recruiter to schedule and interview for later that week. The interview is scheduled in 1.5 hour blocks and is broken up into two sections: job shadowing and the formal interview. I had done my research on Glassdoor and saw that in previous interviews, they've had people call clients to see how they are on the phone. I'm guessing they don't do this in every interview because I ended up not doing this. The first 45 minutes of my interview were spent job shadowing with an employee who was there for 2 years I think. I listened in on a couple of his calls and asked him questions about his experience, if I needed to expect anything during the interview, etc.

The second 45 minute block of my interview was the formal interview with one of the hiring managers. Before the interview, he took me to the kitchen to grab some water and took me on a quick tour of the space. In his office, we began the interview with a run-through of my resume. I was expecting an interview full of typical "interview questions" that were scripted but this interview focused around my resume. We walked through my resume starting at the bottom and he asked questions pertaining to my experience, accomplishments, and challenges throughout. Although these were more of typical interview questions, they didn't feel scripted and felt like they came from a place of genuine interest. From the meet and greet to the actual interview, everyone I came into contact with made sure I was aware of the long hours and tough nature of the work.

Later that evening, I received an email from the recruiter with four questions:

1) How do you see this role at Citrix helping you move forward in your career and towards your eventual goals? What aspects of the job and company are most important to you as you consider this opportunity?

2) What potential downsides do you see with the position, and what particular challenges and obstacles do you anticipate having to overcome to be successful at Citrix?

3) What steps are you willing to take and how do you plan to overcome the potential challenges you anticipate?

4) How does this opportunity compare to others you are considering?

I replied to the email the next morning and got a call later that afternoon with an offer.

TL;DR - quick process (2 weeks) but I think it was because I had an employee referral. If you have the opportunity to go to a meet and greet, GO. You'll learn more about the job than anything you can read online. Fairly straight-forward interview. Great office culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$30,000 base salary with uncapped commission. It's my understanding that most successful people in this role make high commission because many of the people I talked to in this role talked about salary being a perk.

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

They contacted me and I was interviewed on the phone the day after. Recruiter decided right away that my background and skills do not match with their job requirements. Seems like people reach out you without reading your resume at all. On that note, the only requirement was knowing vlookup and pivot table.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions like why this job, why this company etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix in July 2016.

Interview

Have applied online and got a call in a week. Then scheduled phone screen 1 in a week. It was good 1.5 hour interview on data structures, operating systems, networking, android... also wrote a program.
    2nd round again phone screen. Interviewer did not turn up twice. third time again same type screening for 1.5 hour.

After doing all they did not call me or send me a message about the result. Not replying to my mail too. Its extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• data structures, operating systems, networking, android and Level order tree traversal.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was an all day affair, starting at 9am and ending at 1:45. There were four of us interviewing and the first thing was a tour of the office with everyone. After that they had us rotate through talking to 2 different managers, sitting in a phone call and then making phone calls. Next we had lunch and then a Q&A session with two employees, one that was relatively new and one that had been there longer. This was a chance to ask them anything without the presence of any managers or reporting back to their managers.

Interview Questions

• How will this position and working here align with your ultimate goals?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a email for a phone screening. The interviewer was very nice and it seemed more as if it was a conversation. Very personable and warm. While some questions were typical it still requires preparation. The interviewer had a ton of strong things to say about the company and was very enthusiastic and informative throughout the entire interview.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Received email from HR regarding technical interviews. 2 interviews on go to meeting. OS,Networking, Front-end, Back-end, SQL related questions. 5 On-site interviews. 2 Behavioral interviews, 1 technical panel and 1 system design. Lunch provided onsite. I was expecting Data Structures and Algorithm based questions along with OS and Networking. The role was more a web development based. I am not very fluent with web development. The overall experience was positive. I should have prepared more in web programming.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a new grad position and was contacted by a recruiter for an interview using their online meeting software. The interview happened a week later and was with 2 engineers (though I could hear a third through the mic). They did not seem too personable and one of the engineers was 10 minutes late. The interview was very difficult consisting of mostly operating systems and networking questions. (Though it was for a software development position). After I answered a question right, they would drill deeper and deeper into the topic until they were sure I wasn't capable of answering as I possess a Master's degree in neither of these fields. They seem intent on breaking you down. Towards the end they ask you to write and debug some code. These challenges were surprisingly easy, given you know the syntax of the language used.

After the interview, they asked me if I had any questions. I had another offer with a deadline, so I asked when I would be hearing back. They told me within a week or two. I never heard from them again. The recruiter even ignored my follow-up email. This was the worst interview experience I have ever had. I wouldn't want to work for a place like this.

Interview Questions

• How can you use a mutex to solve the starvation problem in a priority based CPU scheduler?
      What are the conditions for a deadlock?   Answer Question