Citrix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citrix Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

Four rounds which includes 2 HRs and 2 technical rounds focusing on algorithms and networking concepts. Cracking the coding interview is sufficient to crack these rounds. Networking related questions are very basic

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citrix.

Interview

They sit you down and ask you general Human resource kind of stuff then scare you with some on the spot coding questions. Literally on a piece of paper lol.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I got the interview from the Career fair showcase.
    The interviewer was nice and friendly.
    Actually, it was not that difficult. I just got overwhelmed by the first coding question and my mind stopped working (though I solved the coding problem, but got stuck multiple times)
    I thought we had a good conversation... But got rejected a week later.

Interview Questions

• First asked some general understanding about the computer science:
      1. process vs. thread: stack, heap
      2. network: tcp vs. udp, when to use tcp/udp

Then some basic Java features:
      1. inheritance vs. interface
      2. final vs. finally vs. finalize

Then three algorithm questions:
      1. Whether it is a prime or not
          I only came up with the brutal force (scan from 2 to n). Didn't realize that I could stop at n/2
      2. Delete duplicate from linked list
      3. Reverse a linked list
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citrix (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The HackerRank quiz and coding problem.
    The quiz contains 8 or 10 multiple choice questions, which include process ,tread, page fault and some other basic C++ concept.

The two programming questions.

Software Development Engineer - Microsoft Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

First an online coding test with 2 questions. Then 2 coding phone interview rounds. then onsite round comprising of following rounds:

1. debugging round - given 2 c++ pointers and 1 c# multithreaded program to debug.
    2. technical round - 3 engineers asked questions for 1.5 hrs.
    3. lunch with 3 team members - nice restaurant
    4. 2 problem solving rounds
    5. wrap up round

Interview Questions

• phone interview rounds : deduplicate a linkedlist, find the nth prime number and tell complexity.

pointers already freed were being freed again, call stack was being overwritten in the 2 c++ programs. C# was asked to implement a simple spin lock in a producer consumer and a queue program where the queue has just one element. so once producer pushes to queue it needs to spin in a while loop until the consumer consumes it when the consumer starts spinning.

2. technical round - 3 engineers asked questions for 1.5 hrs.

what are 2 ways to implement factorial. what if a very large factorial was to be calculated how to overcome long overflow in that case. How to memoize wisely and not each and every factorial. so basically need to memoize things like 100! 200! 300! is my guess and calculating intermediate ones is easier then.

3. lunch with 3 team members - nice restaurant

really nice casual people and food.

4. 2 problem solving rounds

how will you design twitter, had to go from A->Z .
      tell about what happens when keyboard key is pressed (about interrupt handling etc.). prepare OS fundamentals defintely.
      Design a publisher subscriber kind of classes such that publishing and subscriber rates can differ. so had to use a queue and do synchronization on the queue as there cud be multiple publishers and subscribers to the same queue.

5. wrap up round

what is polymorphishm.
      basic OS questions like process virtual memory related .
      Answer Question

Software Test Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix in February 2016.

Interview

First - A screening interview with manager
    Second - An hour long technical interview with team
    Both interviews were conducted on their product GoToMeeting
    Got the offer 10 days after the second interview

Interview Questions

• Why Citrix?
      My previous experiences and qualification related to job
      1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I met Citrix at a university career fair and was called the next day for an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of mostly conceptual OS/computer architecture concepts and 1 coding question. In ~1.5 weeks I was invited for an onsite. This consisted of 5 rounds + lunch. The rounds included one long (~1.5 hr) technical interview that was also conceptual - OS, Networking, Compilers, x86 assembly, and Comp. architecture concepts. There were other interviews, namely one focusing on Android/mobile, one systems design interview, and a last one with a senior manager, involving describing behaviour of C code on paper. The interviewers were friendly, polite, and accommodating of a scheduling change.

Interview Questions

• How are functions with a variable number of arguments handled by the compiler?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Burlington, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview and then an in-person interview with former SDR & hiring manager, it was very easy and personable. we discussed my background but focused on that fact that we had both worked in AZ for a time period. it was overall a good interview

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the team   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Gainesville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

45 minutes on campus interview with one senior SDE. First he asked about the courses I have took. Then asked me 3 algorithms questions. At last I asked him about their current project.
    Here is the questions:
    1, find a cycle in the linkedlist.
    2, find the starting point of the cycle.
    3, find the single number while others are duplicate in an integer array.

Interview Questions

• 1, find a cycle in the linkedlist.
      2, find the starting point of the cycle.
      3, find the single number while others are duplicate in an integer array.
      1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took them about 2-3 weeks to get back to me. I had a 1 hr phone interview with a recruiter. Talked about projects on my resume and was also asked one or two technical questions, such as the difference between virtual methods and purely virtual methods in C++.

Interview Questions

• Difference between virtual methods and purely virtual methods in C++.   Answer Question