Citrix Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citrix (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Do not waste your time for this company. I cleared the phone interview. I was called for an onsite. I did really well as the interviewers were not up to the standard and asked me very easy questions. However, I tried to follow up with the HR every week asking about the onsite interview result. Its been 2 months and they have not responded. Do not waste your time by applying to this company.
    --Initial telephone interview 45 minutes
    --5 hour onsite interview (5 people , with 45 min to 1 hour each)

Interview Questions

• basic questions and mediocre technical questions. One of the interviewer was just not interested in asking any technical questions as he said "I do not believe in such technical interviews". I was completely surprised.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I emailed a recruiter at Citrix directly and got an email about a speaking with the her for a 15 min phone interview the same day. I then had another interview with a consultant lasting about 45 min. Standard questions everyone should be ready for if you've ever had an interview before. I got a call back a few days later and I am now waiting to take a technical interview in a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was standard.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Phone conversation with the hiring manager. Like most hiring manager, the HM was interested in the project, so the conversation mainly focused on one project of the resume, talk through it and prepare for any why and why not questions. Interviewer was nice and attentive, not much unrelated questions were asked.

2. Interview (goto meeting) online with two engineers, team members are based in india, so I talked to them early in the morning. Asked 4 to 5 IQ questions (which you might already read on CTCI). Some basic algorithm questions were also from CTCI or Leetcode, easy to medium level.

3. Meet in person with the hiring manager, talked about some questions in the real work. If you have related background to answer these questions, then it's easy.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are basic data structure questions about linked list, binary tree, which does not need much preparation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The original offer was average in the bay area, so I provided another offer for the recrutier to match it. My previous company might be the similar style to this and my technology background is a match, so I think it's safe to accept the offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went through a total of 8 phone calls / Go-To-Meetings including the final call with the Sr. Director of the team (IT / Enterprise Networking Group). My confidence was pretty high after going 8 rounds with about everyone in this entire organization. Then they want radio silent and I didn't hear anything until following up about a week later only to find out they decided on someone else.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on technical experience   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Cracking the interview is easy as long as the job skills match your skills.
    one telephone and next is personal face to face. then hiring manager call to discuss salary, last is HR call to close the deal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself related to job requirements.
      Why do you want to join Citrix? explain where and how you used your skills
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      One of the easy interview I had.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was one phone screen and an onsite with three technical interviews, one management and one design interview.

Questions were standard and the interviewer were really friendly. The entire process took roughly 2 to 3 weeks to finish. Onsite interviews are 4 to 6 hours long and may have four to five interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Implement undo/redo functionality for a document. Design a social network using MVC.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (San Jose, CA).

Interview

So I'm not really impressed with the hiring process. It seems like they are hiring people directly out of Cisco. Then they are hiring their buddies from Cisco, and getting rid of the talented employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun outside of work. (An inadvertent question to divulge if your married, have kids or have the time to work 24/7.   Answer Question

Other companies more deserving of my talent.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They had multiple rounds of interview. Initially it was a phone interview with the director and then with a senior engineer in the team. After that a technical round by using collabedit. Felt like they were not interested in the skills which I have and I had almost left it. Then I got a call asking to go for an onsite interview. Had 4 different technical rounds there and few of them were done by normal developers. After the first 3 rounds, I had a discussion with director again and he seemed to be asking questions which are not relevant to me or the position. Next day they had informed that they were not interested but I already had the feeling that I wont be good fit in that team.

Interview Questions

• Questions outside my skills or experience level. Even after telling them that I dont have any experience in the field they are asking, they still insisted on answering it.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen with one representative in Ft Lauderdale, FL, and then I had an in-person interview with 2 people in Santa Clara. Both the phone screen and the interview required time away from my job. (I am a contractor and being paid hourly). I was offered the job verbally, and the next day it was rescinded because they've decided not to have this person be in Santa Clara after all.

So I've lost money interviewing with these people who obviously do not have their act together. Don't waste my time (and my money) while you get yourselves situated. How unprofessional.

Negotiation

They rescinded the offer the next day. Don't trust them with their "offer."

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview: Phone interview with one technical programming question
    Invited for onsite interview
    4 interviews :
    1. A coding question, had to write code on board and then she asked if I can improve the time complexity, gave a better solution. Level wise print of binary tree.
    2. Check if 2 strings are anagrams, gave the answer based on hashmap and explained it nicely, interviewer was impressed. Asked another question find maximum ten numbers from array -- used heaps and solved.
    3. The interviewer was lil unorganised, he did not even look my resume before asked some questions from my resume and some design question.
    4. He was the worst interviewer I have came across, he was asking me question and did not bother to look at the solution was busy with his cell phone, was typing something something.

Overall the interview was not difficult was process is cumbersome, they won't reply you, will behave like they never interview you. :)

They take so long time to give the offer and in the process they will not reply your mails.
    They behave so indifferent that you don't feel like joining the company which doesnt treat future employees in nice way.