Citrix Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citrix Software Developer Interview Questions

3.6

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix in June 2014.

Interview

Back to back interviews with 10-12 people, with questions related to previous projects, numerical/logical questions, java, OS concepts, data structures, debugging etc.
People were very friendly and sweet, no extra pressure.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

PHONE INTERVIEW: 1 HOUR
    Asked some basic concept about multi-threded programming, stack/heap. Followed by a coding problem via GotoMeeting. The interviewer opened a notebook on his desktop and I directly typing the code. The question is to write a function to revert a sentence, e.g. input "how are you", output "you are how"

ON-SITE INTERVIEW: one week later, 9:00AM to 3:30PM including lunch with several team members.
    The technical interview part consists of 3 1-on-1 session and 1 panel session (3-on-1).

Questions including:
    Reverse linked list,
    Reverse print link list by recursion
    Properties of different sorting algorithms
    Binary search of rotated sorted array
    Given a string1 and replace the SPACE in string1 by another given string2
    concept of garbage collector
    concept of TCP/UDP
    some testing problem (test cases)
    function call procedure, what happened on the stack
    ....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

They just asked me simple questions, like what is paging, what are volatile members, difference between threads and process.
    But each question , they go in details.
    like if u define volatile members as "it tells compiler that the variable can be accessed by multiple threads simultaneously." He then asks you how the compiler is informed. What does the compiler do after that. something like that.

Another thing is , they ask you to share a google doc file and gives you 2 programming questions to write in C or C++. mine was string reversing and binary search. pretty simple bt you have to take care of the test cases.

Interview Questions

• how does the "volatile" works ??   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview was good but they didnt offer me.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix in August 2016.

Interview

The first round was an Online test round conducted in HackerRank. It consisted of 1 hour of 50 MCQ questions. Most of them were related to networking,OS,OOPS and a few quant questions. It was followed by an hour of 2 coding questions.

Around 45/350 were shortlisted for the next round. There were 2 technical rounds and 1 HR round. Each interview lasted for around 40 minutes each. The interviewers are really nice and are looking only for the approach. They don't necessarily always want the correct answer!

PS- Make sure to be thorough with whatever you mention in your CV, especially your internships. Don't write anything that you don't know properly. It leaves a negative impact.

Interview Questions

• Print a n*n matrix in spiral form.   Answer Question
    • Print a binary tree in spiral form.   Answer Question
    • Find the maximum contigous sum in a 1D array containing both +ve and -ve numbers.   Answer Question
    • Consider 2 sorted arrays of 4 numbers each. Array 1 has a size of 8. Merge the 2 arrays without using any external memory.   Answer Question
    • OS concepts on Deadlock,Bankers algorithm,reader-writer problem. Networking concepts like how does DNS work,OSI model,TCP handshake.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bhopal (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

The written round (conducted on HackerRank).33 students were shortlisted for further rounds.3 interview rounds were held.Each interview were of approx 1 hr.In interview,they were looking for good coding skill. Speed and correctness both are essential.Try to have atleast 1 good project. Last but not the least, have faith in your abilities.

Interview Questions

• 1>How will you find the median in a stream of integers?
      2>design a LinkedHashMap using the concepts of inheritance, given a HashMap as
      the parent class.
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citrix (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Rigorous in-person interview (no phone pre-screening) but then I lived locally. It became clear quickly that they wanted more of a mathematician than a software engineer. That's fair enough but it would have been better for all concerned if that had been clear up front. Three or four one-to-one interviews in succession, all of them technical. I presume had the prospects been better I would eventually have had a more HR-centered discussion too.

Interview Questions

• Deriving an algorithm from first principles for solving a cartesian algebra problem with a large data set, given only a pencil and paper.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Written test consisting of aptitude ad c,c++,os,networking.Few aptitude questions scattered here and there , no negative marking.
    Next a coding round with 3 questions.Then we had a technical interview 1:1.Each round had elimination.There was a hr round at the end.They took 4 of them.

Interview Questions

• How hashing is implemented.
      When you declare an object in c++ and a pointer to an object in C++ how the memory is allocated and what all is done when the above happens
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix in September 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 parts. For the 1st half hour, conceptual questions were asked and the next half hour programming questions were asked. Questions were simple like how to convert string to integer in C, inheritance in Java, abstract classes and virtual funtcions in C++

Interview Questions

• complete analysis of stack activity for a given program   Answer Question