Citrix Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citrix Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I got the interview from the Career fair showcase.
The interviewer was nice and friendly.
Actually, it was not that difficult. I just got overwhelmed by the first coding question and my mind stopped working (though I solved the coding problem, but got stuck multiple times)
I thought we had a good conversation... But got rejected a week later.

Interview Questions

• First asked some general understanding about the computer science:
    1. process vs. thread: stack, heap
    2. network: tcp vs. udp, when to use tcp/udp

Then some basic Java features:
    1. inheritance vs. interface
    2. final vs. finally vs. finalize

Then three algorithm questions:
    1. Whether it is a prime or not
        I only came up with the brutal force (scan from 2 to n). Didn't realize that I could stop at n/2
    2. Delete duplicate from linked list
    3. Reverse a linked list   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I met Citrix at a university career fair and was called the next day for an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of mostly conceptual OS/computer architecture concepts and 1 coding question. In ~1.5 weeks I was invited for an onsite. This consisted of 5 rounds + lunch. The rounds included one long (~1.5 hr) technical interview that was also conceptual - OS, Networking, Compilers, x86 assembly, and Comp. architecture concepts. There were other interviews, namely one focusing on Android/mobile, one systems design interview, and a last one with a senior manager, involving describing behaviour of C code on paper. The interviewers were friendly, polite, and accommodating of a scheduling change.

Interview Questions

• How are functions with a variable number of arguments handled by the compiler?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Give my resume on Campus, one phone interview then onsite at Fort Lauderdale. The onsite has 5 rounds, very good lunch. The city is beautiful. the phone interview is basic question of OS and networking, and two very easy code questions. The onsite is more or less the same.

Interview Questions

• the phone interview is basic question of OS and networking, and two very easy code questions. Then the onsite is more or less the same. I only do two coding questions in total during onsite. Most of interview is talking about the past project and debug skill.   1 Answer

Not decided yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Met the interviewers at the career fair. The initial set of questions were based on the resume. Then the recruiter called me at the career fair that another interviewer wanted to speak with me. This was a formal interview where technical questions were asked. I was called for another round/ manager with the questions that were conceptual. Did not hear from them after that.

Interview Questions

• Reverse number (including the float). Write unit test cases. This was coding on a machine with either C++ or .NET.   Answer Question
    • If the CPU is 100%, what happens if the job is completed and OS has to schedule it?   1 Answer
    • Difference between TCP and IP   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix in September 2014.

Interview

Most wasted 75 minutes of my life. When you apply for a specific job on company website you would expect somebody from this team would talk to you first. In my case I thought it was Java development position. It seems like company got randomly assigned screeners who read questions covering vast area of topics from the script. 75 percent of questions were about networking protocols, troubleshooting why system is running slow. Later I got actually chance to talk about programming a little. At this point I was mostly thinking how to end this farce quickly, but apparently interviewer got instructions to go to the end of his list. I got some multithreading, object oriented design and unit testing questions. If it was systems engineer or devops interview it would probably make sense. Even if I have a chance to go to the next round I am not sure I am interested anymore.

Interview Questions

• How to analyze deadlock situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

1 hour phone interview and 3 onsite interview rounds.
    Phone interview had basic 45 minutes programming question.
    Onsite was job title specific.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Citrix visited my campus for campus recuitment drive on 5th July 2016.
    The round 1 was an elimination round ,where they asked us MCQ's(1 hour duration) and 2 Coding questions(again 1 hour) hosted on Hackerrank., then the students were shortlisted for round 2, which was Technical. After that if you clear that (Which i did) there was a Managerial round (Round 3) ,where various team leads were called and depending on the feedback from round 1 interviewer, they choose the the suitable students.
    Which was finally followed by HR(last round).

Disclaimer : Many of friends gave 3-4 tech rounds before HR , so it depends who early you prove yourself :P

Interview Questions

• In Round 1 : Basic Mcqs on Data structures ,OS , CN DBMS queries & Output based C++ questions and followed by 2 coding question one on Linked list and other on Dynamic programming.

Round 2: They asked me few puzzles , about my projects , general DSc, algo questions also.

Round 3 : Again puzzles , Software engineering, Scenerio based questions and about my interests .

Round 4 : General HR questions , about the job ,pay ,benefits etc etc.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)) in March 2015.

Interview

First, we attend a writing test for about 2 hours, all kinds of basic knowlege in CS, such as data structure and algorithm, OS, database, C/C++, Assembly code, etc. And then, 4 rounds interview , skills, English chatting, HR, Online meeting

Interview Questions

• How did you solve something challenge? How to deal with the disagreement? Algorithm & Data Structure, LinkedList, RESTful, Java vs C/C++, DNS, polymorphism,C++ memory leak   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview. After the phone interview, they asked me to come to their office for a face to face interview. The phone interview lasted for nearly an hour and the face to face interview lasted 45 minutes.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Citrix visited our campus and they had an initial online test conducted on HackerEarth. It had 50 MCQ questions covering Aptitude and Programming. It also had 2 coding questions.
    There were 4 Technical Interviews and 1 Managerial and 1 HR interview

Interview Questions

• Given a number in digits, convert into words. Ex : 99 - Ninety Nine   Answer Question