Citrix Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

3.1

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix in May 2017.

Interview

Initial Hackerrank with two questions. Of you prepare well enough with CTCI and Leetcode then it's all you need. Next moved forward for phone interview. Intense phone interview round. Depth of core Java, few network and OS questions. Next moved on to on-site interview. One of the most welcoming interviewers. Had a great experience with questions and depth of core Java discussions. Few Android questions and as usual Network and OS.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citrix.

Interview

Was selected during the career fair. Got the interview next day. The interview involved a quick coding test and some questions from resume. That was the last time me or anyone who got selected heard from those guys.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The overall experience is very enjoyable. The interviewer is a senior product manager with a nice smile all the time. The interview lasts 45 mins for three technical problems. The questions are pretty simple about reverse string and string manipulation. Got the interview call from University career fair.

Interview Questions

• Question about strings, to look up each character in a database.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, then an onsite, panel interview. The interview itself was pretty easy, but I would not recommend this company. It seems like they don't check the level of experience on your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Met the recruiters at the university career fair. On campus interview for 1 hr the next day and then onsite at the Fort Lauderdale office a week later. Interview questions mostly focused on Operating Systems, TCP/IP network protocols and data structures. The HR called the next day after the onsite interview with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Buffalo, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short. I came to know about the job through a friend and applied online. Then got an online technical interview which was timed for 15 mins or so. Questions were in different formats such as debugging, choosing the correct output,operating system, and few networking questions. Mostly in C, C# and cpp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minutes quick interview. Basically looking to feel out what you know and what you don't know. I would say it was more of an introduction than an actual interview. Interviewer was looking for what my skills were and whether or not I met the basic criteria for the job. After which, he told me, if I was ready for it, there would be a second interview. (I didn't perform well and lacked a few skills that were necessary for the job)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I meet the engineer at the career fair and he may ask questions about data structure and algorithm, C++, network and operating systems if you have taken these classes. It just tests whether you have a basic understanding of these classes. You may also need to write code on paper or on white board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a coding test on GoToMeeting. You have the option of using a virtual environment provided by citrix, or using your own environment and sharing your desktop. I highly recommend assuming the environment provided by them will be completely unusable and using your machine. I had unbelievable latency and there was a 10 second lag time for each mouse click or key press, making it impossible to use their environment. In the end I wasted 30 of the 90 minutes allotted for the test getting my environment set up. I finally gave up and used my own environment and shared my desktop to complete the exercise.

The onsite interview took 6 hours, There were 4 interviews, including a lunch interview. Everyone I interviewed with was very professional and helpful, and I felt that I did well. I left feeling cautiously optimistic. I was told they would probably take the next week for feedback and should contact me during the following week.

However, I was never contacted with the results of the interview and after a month I'm sure they ended up going with someone else. That they would have someone use a vacation day to spend in onsite interviews and never even bother to follow up is unbelievable to me. In almost 20 years in the industry I don't believe I have ever experienced such a lack of professionalism, and I certainly did not expect it from a company the size of Citrix. I assumed that maybe I just fell through the cracks but reading the feedback here I see that seems to be their SOP. Truly lamentable that they would treat their candidates so shabbily and with complete disregard for their time. They could have sent me a one line email to the effect of "We regret to inform you that we have decided to go with another candidate for the position you recently interviewed for" and I would have been satisfied. Instead I spend 3 weeks checking my phone for missed emails or voicemails.

I honestly had a positive experience and felt like everyone that I interacted with was extremely professional. If they had given me the expected feedback in a timely manner this would have been a positive interview experience, even without the offer. Obviously there is always a chance of not getting hired when you interview, but not being given the decision in a timely manner is unconscionable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing they asked was unexpected. Be prepared to answer in depth questions about your language of choice (C# in my case). Be up to date with recent developments of the language. Especially parallel, async, multi threading, what goes on behind the scenes with yield / return and async / await, etc... Standard stuff. Be prepared to write code on the whiteboard for standard problem solving questions, and expect the standard questions about operational complexity and data structures / algorithims.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a new grad position and was contacted by a recruiter for an interview using their online meeting software. The interview happened a week later and was with 2 engineers (though I could hear a third through the mic). They did not seem too personable and one of the engineers was 10 minutes late. The interview was very difficult consisting of mostly operating systems and networking questions. (Though it was for a software development position). After I answered a question right, they would drill deeper and deeper into the topic until they were sure I wasn't capable of answering as I possess a Master's degree in neither of these fields. They seem intent on breaking you down. Towards the end they ask you to write and debug some code. These challenges were surprisingly easy, given you know the syntax of the language used.

After the interview, they asked me if I had any questions. I had another offer with a deadline, so I asked when I would be hearing back. They told me within a week or two. I never heard from them again. The recruiter even ignored my follow-up email. This was the worst interview experience I have ever had. I wouldn't want to work for a place like this.

Interview Questions

• How can you use a mutex to solve the starvation problem in a priority based CPU scheduler?
      What are the conditions for a deadlock?   Answer Question