Citrix Software Testing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citrix Software Testing Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix in May 2016.

Interview

Got an email regarding a position for which I didnt really apply but I guess they picked up my resume from their resource pool.
Technical video interview with 3 people which lasted for 2 hours. Alot of questions on servers, windows operating system, TCP?IP, test scenarios, subnetting.
Got rejected even though the interview went pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Test scenario- suppose you have a micrwave to test, what would be the test scenarios and test plans for it? how would you rate the severity of each test scenario.
    Was shown a network and asked , how data is flowing in and out of neetwork? What would be the IP address shown to the computer outside the network for the ones in the network. Basically trying to see how well you know the subnetting concepts.
    A clock based puzzle.
    Write a code to find the middle of your name.
    Windows operating system questions
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citrix (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then an onsite technical interview. Overall the interview process was painless and very professional. I was asked to answer questions about Networking and C#.NET. After the interview was over, the team was quick in getting back to me to let me know their decision.

Interview Questions

• Given a 3q and a 5q bucket (and water source) how can you make exactly 4q?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Burlington, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was through GoToMeeting. The staff was somewhat friendly. Not the hardest interview. Had two interviews; one with one person and next with four. The interviewer did call me back for the second interview. The second interview was better with a panel of people; 2 hour interview 30 min with each one. Ended up getting turned down, however.

Interview Questions

• C Questions, why is declaring a function important in C   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citrix.

Interview

Applied for the job through Linked In website. Initially contacted for pre-screening and setup interview with the QE manager after one week. Interview was very professional and cool. Most of the interview questions were very hands on and non theoritical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was a Phone Interview, it was all technicall questions and has to solve a problem, coded in your preference language, while the interviewer follow you through the computer.

After that he ask a lot of questions about Networking theory like what is a DHCP, how it works, how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability, Do you know what is a DNS, how it works, Do you know what happen when a computer do a request to a DNS and things like that.

Finished with networking he start to ask questions about operating systems, do you know how the memory is managed, what is better to work with a process in memory terms, who manage the memory stack, it is better a queue or a stack to manage the memory.

The algorithm to create was a string comparison to find letters's coincidences

Interview Questions

• Network and Operating Systems questions that I wasn't expect, things like how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix.

Interview

Three total interviews. 1. Recruiter (phone), basic self-assessment. 2. Hiring Manager, Technical and behavioral interview. 3. Director level, Behavioral, experience

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that the requirements of the business have been properly developed and implemented by the developer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked: What are you making now? What are you expecting to make? My advice is be aggressive.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Interview

1st Interview round:

1) Function for creating and inserting elements into a Binary Search Tree.
    2) Function for linear search that returns the position of the element found.
    After these were mostly questions from databases and I don't remember all of it. These are the ones I remember-
    3) Difference between Primary key and the Unique constraint.
    4) What is Join? Different types of Join? Explain all of them.

2nd Interview round:

1) What is dynamic programming? Give an example.
    2) Given the fact that there is a loop in a linked list, how do you identify where the loop is?
    3) Given an array A[], replace all '*' with three '-' in the array.
    For eg:
    Input Array : [1 2 * 3 4 * 5]
    Output Array : [1 2 - - - 3 4 - - - 5]
    4) There is a lizard at one corner of a cubic room of side, 1 unit. At the corner diagonally opposite to this, there's a cockroach that is present.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Aptitude+Technical Aptitude test (1 hour)
    Coding Round (1 hour)
    5 Technical Interviews focusing on all concepts of Computer Science(DS&A, DBMS, Networks, OS, Linux). They mainly check coding skills, Operating Systems knowledge and DBMS. They expect error free code and need to test all edge cases.
    1 HR

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix (Varanasi (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of written test. 60 + 60 min
    1 face to face interview 60 min
    1 telephonic interview 45 mins
    1 HR interview 15 mins

Interview Questions

• 1st Written test consisted of 50 ques to be solved in 1 hr
      2nd written test was purely offline programming
      3rd test was with manager and focussed towards profile
      4th test was with director which discussed on past work and analytical questions
      Answer Question

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

It was 2 Telephonic Rounds and then 4 F2f interview round and then one Hr round was a big procedure. But they were quick in the process result and offered within on week. they Asked Basic networking, Data Structures, Algorithms and Puzzles. And they asked to describe the projects which you have done in the past .

Interview Questions

• How you will test a projector like system. where the client side have the screen only and the screen is not showing anything how will you resolve this. I didnt remember the exact scenario ,i have describe as far as i remember.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were not much negotiation as I were fresher for them so they have the same policy for all the freshers.