Citrix Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citrix Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by phone by a recruiter and did a telephone interview. Scheduled an on-site afterwards. Interview was 2 hours long by schedule but went a little longer. Half was done by two team leads asking technical questions about networking, basic troubleshooting, active directory and other technical troubleshooting questions. Second half was with two managers asking soft skill, people and team interactions and getting personal philosophies on various situations.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between UDP/TCP. What command can you run to elevate a DC or to setup DHCP. Where would you look to begin investigating an installer failure. Where is the last-known good configuration in windows stored. Why would a system take too long to logon to the domain. What is the TCP handshake. What port is RDP. What are terminal services.

If you hear a coworker give bad and detrimental instructions to a client and they insist they are right, what would you do? What are your steps when getting a new call? What is a big disappointment with your previous job? Name your ideal manager type. Why Citrix? Why you?

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter. I was asked a few questions about my knowledge of the company and its products. A second phone interview was scheduled with a Lead. That interview lasted for an hour. Many technical questions were asked. An onsite interview was scheduled, which lasted for 3 hours. It was with three teams of 2 persons on each team. It was a good experience. However the 'Work/Life Balance' mantra was not promoted during the interview process as it is on the company's web site.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the difference between tcp/udp.
      2. Describe the SSH handshake.
      3, Name commonly used Port numbers.
      4. What is a router and what is it used for?
      5. What is IIS and what are some versions of it?
      6. What is the difference between a switch and a router?
      1 Answer

Work/Life Balance was not discussed. Was told the schedule changes every 3 months.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix.

Interview

There are multiple interviews with different teams to assess technical prowess and overall bedside manner. Each interviewer has a different area of expertise, and they probe their specific areas.

Hiring is a simple process - phone call, formal offer letter, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews: the first being more a light technical interview with a few questions. The second phone interview was more technically intense an lasted about 45 minutes. The final step in the hiring process was attending a formal in person panel interview. This consisted of two escalation engineers and two department managers. The engineers focused on asking several scenario tech questions and various other technical fundamental questions. This was followed up by the 2 managers asking multiple questions related to working styles, work place interactions and attitudes, expectations and outcomes, and others. Overall it was a very intense interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

1st step - phone interview with technical questions for around 1 hour
    2nd step - on site inteview with some escalation engineers and senior management for the team that I was getting interviewed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was called for a lower amount, after the interview I was offered more that expected

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me first via email.
    Recruiter contacted me 2nd via phone which was my 1st phone interview.
    Next Moved to the onsite interview with the hiring manager and 2 other team leads asking questions.
    Then the offer came and the rest is history.

Negotiation

No I was NOT able negotiate for a hirer salary PERIOD.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix in January 2011.

Interview

5 hours of hell, They can train anyone that can use a computer so this is pointless. They should be better about bringing in quality people vs people with so much experience..

Interview Questions

• Some questions were intended to make you sweat.. Asking detail certificate questions because I showed a basic knowledge on certificates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Should ask for as much as you can. They low balled me.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

Called by HR and asked a series of basic technical questions.
    Called by Team Lead of Dept to ask indepth Technical Questions.
    Called by Manager, and ask new questions and questions got previously wrong to determine ambition
    Called by Escalation Manager for general personal skills and in-depth technical expertise

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions unrelated to position along with technical questions   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were three round of Interview ..
    1. Technical (Telephonic) - They called me by looking at the profile which I had updated in Naukri and told me to take up a technical interview the next week. In the tech interview they asked me the linux admin questions starting from LVM to process management ... at the end of the interview I asked the interviewer if I had done the interview well ... For that the interviewer said that I need to brush up some more on Storage and servers ... Then I asked him for some more time to prepare for the interview and luckily he agreed for the same and asked me to choose any date for the next tech interview ... I asked him one more weeks time and he agreed. In the next week I was able to clear the technical round - Questions asked - LVM related , DNS servers related process management related ... User management related, RAID concepts
    2. HR round (Telephonic) - In HR round they asked me why I left the previous company ... My education background ... and thats all
    3. Communication Round - This happened in ATPL Academy. It was more about listening and speaking ...

Interview Questions

• technical round - Questions asked - LVM related , DNS servers related process management related ... User management related, RAID concepts   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix (Patiala (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through College and after the result I had my training for 30 days.29 July we had our interview .There were 4 rounds- HR , Manager and 2 Technical rounds .The interview seemed to be easy but the selection was not that easy . There were students of both streams i.e CSE & ECE. There were total of 40 students .Final result was declared after 12 days and i noticed that 2 students of each college were selected and max number was from ECE stream.

Interview Questions

• Manager
      1) Introduce yourself
      2) What do you know about Citrix?
      3) Question was asked about how much you liked the product training and the overall process?
      4)There were one or two puzzle questions.
      5) Is working in night shift comfortable for you ?
    • Networking
      1)Models
      2)What are Vlan's?
      3)TCP Handshake
      4)Questions on DNS and HTTP
      5)What is use of Certficate ?
      6)What is content switching ?
      7) What is TCP offload?