City College Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City College Florida Interview Questions

2.6

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City College Florida.

Interview

15 minute platform presentation in front of department chair, admin, professors, and students. They will assess you on how you present yourself, knowledge of the craft your presenting and people skills. The panel is a little intimidating at first, but as you get comfortable it gets easier.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to this college?
      How old are you?
      What would you do if you did not know the answer to a question?
      Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City College Florida (Miami, FL).

Interview

Hiring process was simple and fast. The whole process took less than 10 days. Interview was a 1:1 with department chair, followed by a presentation/teaching demonstration interview with a panel of directors, which was basically the teaching demonstration without many questions on their part.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City College Florida (Hollywood, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Basically, the Director of Finance described what was expected with the position, and the salary. This is a student work position as I am a student at City College. I have a BA in teaching and mathematics but I want to become a veterinary technician and when the course of study opened up at City College, I jumped for it.

Interview Questions

• I volunteer at Hollywood City of Public Works Dept. and they asked me what my job description for Data Input Clerk was.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at City College Florida (Altamonte Springs, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Basically a standard interview with four administrators built around a 10-15 minute teaching demonstration. I did use a PowerPoint presentation as well ... and was encouraged to make the presentation interactive.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard and drawn from my resume ... most awkward involved a question about my worst experience, or biggest "failure" from my career.   1 Answer
    • Had to be when I asked them about the salary ...   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is not final ... was required to complete computer form. I have not finished the process. But there is no negotiation. Take the job, or someone else will.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City College Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Filled out the application. Came in and met with the VP of Admissions. Sat down went over my resume, Highlighted what was my strengths, and my weakness. Went over what the duties would consist of during my 90 day probationary period. Spoke of other postions that were available.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in the next 5 years. What was it I could bring to City College that no one else could.   Answer Question

Associate Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City College Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I received a call after I submitted my resume from the Director of Admissions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a small employer?   1 Answer

An offer was not extended. I met the following week with the Sr. DOA. She was 30 mins. late to the interview. In addition, she spent the whole interview jawning. But wait things get better, she proceeded to ask me why I wanted to work for a small school. I provided my answer and she got a bit defensive saying that it did not show anywhere that I worked for a small employer before. Really!!!! Did you really read my resume? Not only that when I told her I had some questions for her, she told me that she did not have time and that she had another meeting. Then she proceeded to tell me that 5 out 7 people that where going to be under the Associate's supervision where on written notice. I wonder why???? This place is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City College Florida (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Lengthy
    Full of lies; you'll learn the truth once your hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing is negotiable.

Program Chair Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City College Florida in November 2010.

Interview

Interview with executive director and Director of education. Part of the process also included a lecture/presentation on your area of study. You must have 18 credits on your area of studies and prove this by teaching it to part of your peers at the college.

Interview Questions

• One of the interview process is to deliver a lecture on your favorite topic.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City College Florida in October 2011.

Interview

Took English test and basic computer test. People were professional, but friendly. Had one interview where I was questioned on my experience and then had some behavioral type of questions. Then met very briefly with the interviewee's supervisor. A second interview was scheduled with a panel of two and it involved some role playing.

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome a person's fear of the time commitment involved?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was pretty much set.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at City College Florida in April 2010.

Interview

The position was told to me by a colleague. Once I connected with the COO, we interviewed on the phone. Within a few days I interiewed on the phone with the President/Owner and one other key exectuive in the company. The next week I was flown to Florida to have personal interviews. Was offered the job while in Florida with a letter of intent (that was negotiated at the offer.) Started work within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. That the only opportunity that you get to negotiate is at the offer stage. Be prepared with what you will take as a minium and what benefits are important to you. Be creative. It is not only the salary. Moving expenses, insurance, bonuses, etc. and advancement possibilities are key.