City College of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.0

Lab Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked about experience with cinema equipment. Had to provide TB test. Easy interview. It took about 2 weeks to get the test results back but scheduling was flexible and easy.

Interview Questions

• Have you completed the required cinema courses to apply?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 3 representatives from the program I was interviewing for. The Interview was fine, but the professionalism of this college is not 100%. The office never notified Human Resources on time to give me notice that I did not get the position. Even though I had stellar recommendations from more than relevant sources (including the chancellor of the school).

Interview Questions

• Please give us an example of current or recent foster care policies affecting college going foster youth today?   Answer Question

Art History Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco in January 2015.

Interview

They are typically 3 to 4 people interviewing you and they ask you for teaching demonstration. The important thing that they are interested in right now are the student learning outcome.
    Another important aspect of the junior college is that the candidates should have strong track record in teaching and the good understanding of diversity issues.
    One interview only for part time adjunct position

Interview Questions

• What prepares you to teach high enrollment sections?

Have you taught online?

Have you ever used adaptive technology in your course?

How does your understanding of diverse it's issues inform your teaching in the classroom?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco.

Interview

Hiring process is little stressful, first you have to check the positions available, then apply (only if you are register in the college, if you are not student, you can not apply), then fill the form, download I-9 and complite whole the steps. TB test and the other steps have to be completed to start to work.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very nice and very smooth also very friendly. I was worried at first but they easily made me feel at ease.
    The interview didn't take long around 15 min they asked the right questions and they give you time to answer them it was kind of helpful.

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Team interview with a short teaching session to the search committee. They asked about background education and specific classes I felt prepared to teach. Then they asked for my presentation, after which I fielded some questions from panel members. The idea was to make it like a mock lecture, but these things are never precise since the students tend to be more reticent when it comes to discussion.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco in February 2013.

Interview

General interview questions, very little experience based questions. I applied through an internal recruiting program. I applied for the position and had an interview within a week. At my interview i was given a typing test then asked general personality questions.

Mathematics Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interviewer and I went to a small classroom in the Learning Assistance Center (LAC) of City College of San Francisco and he asked me to introduce myself. After that, he asked me a question: "What is Calculus?" He then said that he decided to hire me. So, I got the (decent but low pay) job.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was already a part of the office's club. They were looking for an assistant who could speak my language so the counselor asked if I could help out. Because there were no other candidates, there was no structured interview.

Full Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City College of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Perhaps the most byzantine process.
    Even if you know the panel, they have to act like they don't know you.
    Teaching demonstrations are required but you never know what the parameters are -- what they're looking for