City Colleges of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City Colleges of Chicago

2.7

Computer Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process involed meeting with department head and tech lead. They asked very general questions and were very friendly. They asked about tools, processess and type of environment I worked in.

Interview Questions

• They asked do you see yourself in management so day?
      Given your background, I think you will be bored with this position?   Answer Question

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called in for a interview. The interview was three days after I was contacted. I arrived and eventually found the office the interview was to be conducted. I sat down in front of three interviewers and they began to take turns asking me questions. I thought it was odd that the interview was taking place in a office where other staff members were sitting around and or coming pass. That added to my nervousness but I understand.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe myself. I was also asked why I applied for the position.   1 Answer

Computer Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online followed by a HR phone screen a few weeks later. About 2 weeks later, I had an in-person interview with a panel consisting of HR staff, IT manager, and potential colleagues. I was told a final decision would be made in 1-2 weeks, but I never heard anything more despite a few attempts to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you'd like to share with us that you feel would be helpful in your consideration?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done by three interviewers, I was asked about my qualifications, skills and current employment. I was asked how would I handle an unruly student, and if I had ever encountered a situation where a person was upset about the service provided and how did I handle that.

Interview Questions

• They asked if my schedule was flexible.   1 Answer

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Everything is done through email, the appointment was set up and I interviewed with 3 people who were very nice . They responded to the questions I had about the position

Admissions Advisor Interview

Interview

The first step is a phone interview. If passed, the next step is an in person interview and presentation with a committee. The committee then recommends 1-2 candidates to the president of the college. At this point, the president interviews the committee approved candidates and makes a recommendation to district office. The final candidate is contacted Human Resources (HR) about the contingent salary offer and the candidate either accepts this offer or asks to negotiate. If candidate accepts the offer, the candidate's file moves to board approval by trustees and CCC Chancellor. Once the board approves the position, this information is released in a board report by district on the CCC website at appointed date. The candidate can either check the report online to see if they have been approved for the position or reach out to HR. Either way, the new hire is contacted by HR with a start date and further instructions.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process and hiring process was a lot longer than I expected, but both the hiring manager and HR associate were always there for questions that I had along the way.

Interview Questions

• If you were running late to a meeting would you take the stairs, the elevator, or the stairs?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview

After submitting an online application, I received a call in three days; The process was 4 steps: 1st interview--interviewed by a panel of 3 people; 2nd interview--President; 3rd- VC at District office; and 4th-HR Director. I felt welcomed all the way.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

One of my professors actually recomend me to the tutor position. I went to the interiew with the math tutoring center. He asked basic questions about my academic performance. I also took the basic math test.

Interview Questions

• there was no any really difficalt questions. The math test was unexpected, but I did well on it.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

A Phone interview. Then two separate in person interviews. The Board of directors must approve hiring. The whole process took over 3 months. Thankfully I was employed during the interview and screening process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for City Colleges of Chicago?   1 Answer