City Colleges of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City Colleges of Chicago

2.7

Storekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

A group interview; consisting of a least three individuals. Director of HR, Director of Auxiliary Services and the Assistant to the President. At this point, it may include the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you for this position?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

One interview with the manager and other technical people.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Honestly I just walked in there and already had the job before I even said anything. She said I had the job already before I started talking and was good to go

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for City Colleges of Chicago?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview

3 one-hour visits with faculty, panel of administrators, then the president. No teaching demonstration. The process was not bad at all except for the fact that it was all broken up into three sessions. Also, it took a very long time to get the offer followed by another long delay to get the actual salary figure.

Enrollment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I submitted an online application through indeed.com followed by a phone call from HR and single round face to face interview with the department manager.The entire interview lasted less than an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to difuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Chaotic, disruptive, and overall poor communication. Began with short screening phone interview , followed up with five in -person interviews. No follow up or response for 5 weeks...then need for additional in-person interview immediately! No response for 10 days. Next call from hiring manager with request for another in-person interview. No response for 5 days...followed by job offer.
    Lack of clarity on role and responsibilities, goals and specific expectations. Lack of information on relationships with other departments and how communication across district could be facilitated.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Office Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was first phone screened before the in-person interview. The person who called me for the phone screen didn't leave a message and kept calling my phone until I answered, which I found to be off-putting. It was also very difficult to get a straight-forward answer about the position itself since I was told that the job was not exactly what was posted on their website. I was then contacted by an individual in their HR department who sent me a job description from 2001 along with other materials I needed to fill out.
    The in-person interview was standard and out dated. I sat at the head of the table while four other individuals "who I would be working with" asked a round of standardized questions that one would get from any HR website. The questions really didn't seem to have much to do with the position itself. One person only asked me one question and then day-dreamed through the rest of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen followed by an in-person panel interview within a short amount of time. The panel was a mish-mash of co-workers, direct supervisors and departmentally relevant personnel. They called later that day to offer conditional employment. The drug test and background check followed within the next 2-3 days though employment did not officially begin until the semester began.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was ok. The person who interviewed me was very personable and talk about different ways that someone should help the students.

Interview Questions

• Describe things you believe the company does very well, particularly compared to its competition. Explain how the financial strength of the company is important.   Answer Question

Project Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Group and individual interviews. I was given a 5 year strategic plan, told to pick a problem, and present in 5 slides or less, how I would structure my problem solving process..

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose that particular problem from the strategic plan to solve for?   Answer Question