City Colleges of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City Colleges of Chicago Interview Questions

Interviews at City Colleges of Chicago

2.7

College Clerical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview

A pannel interview with 5 individuals asking questions. Individuals from different ethnicities to show the company's diversity. I was asked several situational questions such as: How would you deal with an angry customer/coworker? How would you cross a trail in the forest where a bear sleeps? Why are you the best candidate for this position?...

College Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

After submitting application online, interview with a committee of three or more people. One will be HR, Administrator, and person you will report directly to. If select 2nd interview with President of college.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the department that is beneficial   1 Answer

College Clerical Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied on a Wednesday, got a call on Friday to schedule interview for following Monday. There was a 4 panel interview with HR Director, Dean and 2 instructors. Same night (Monday) got a call from HR Director to interview with President the next day ( Tuesday). Was offered the position by President on the spot. Spoke with HR Director next day and was sent background and drug test info. Upon board approval, I will then get my start date. Overall it was extremely fast, and the interview was easy. Asked about previous jobs, skills, etc

Interview Questions

• Name something I did when going above and beyond at a previous employer?

What skills do I think are necessary to succeed in this particular role?

Name a time when I had to multi task multiple assignments at once?

What are things that I do to help me prepare for a hectic day?   1 Answer

Project Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

It wasn't any pressure at all doing the interview average question. take differ one's from each of the interviewer's. Anwser's the question to the best of my knowledge ,being positive in my answers. At the end of the interview, we said goodbye shook hands ,feeling that all thing went well I received a phone call six months later to let me know that I had pass all the requirments to by hired for the postion.

Interview Questions

• How well do you get alone with other ? I get alone with most people   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago in March 2011.

Interview

Initially was hired by a temporary agency oversee off the accounting for the Military Programs stateside and overseas for 6 years. I was interviewed by the Vice President and Executive Director for Military Program. The President made the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind working weekends and sometimes late to get the job completed.   1 Answer

Administrative Position With Kennedy King College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I first received a short over the phone interview which was fine. I was called in for a panel interview with 2 men and 2 women. 1 of the women seemed to have an attitude issue. She never smiled and she seemed to not want to be there. They each fired off several question back to back. I couldn't believe all this was for an administrative position. The mean looks that one of the women on the panel gave me, I knew that I wouldn't get this job if she had anything to do with it. The questions didn't seem to have to do anything with the job itself. It was very intimidating and I would not want to work with someone with such a negative energy.

Embedded Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview and a second panel interview. After that, I was asked to submit background check approval documents. Once the background was complete, I was given an offer. After accepting the offer, an email was sent as a written agreement to the offer, along with final paperwork needed to process my employment. About a month later, I was contact regarding a start date. Although the process was long, it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the best practices used to service underserved students?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Honestly I just walked in there and already had the job before I even said anything. She said I had the job already before I started talking and was good to go

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for City Colleges of Chicago?   1 Answer

Note-taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very quick and straight forward. I interviewed with the Director of Disability and a HR representative. The interview was about thirty minutes long. Non intimidating, very natural.

DEI Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a phone screen after two months and interviewed the following week. There were two interviewers who asked basic questions of "Tell me about yourself" and specific ones to teaching like "How would you help an underprepared student?" or "Tell me about a difficult time you had with a student and how you handled it." They discussed scheduling with me and by the end of the day they emailed me an offer. I initially applied for a Biology Tutor position and was told about the remedial education tutor position which had more openings. Also, it was unlisted on indeed so there was not a lot of external competition I had to deal with. If you have the right qualifications, experience (I had three years as a Teaching Assistant in Chemistry) and are very passionate about helping remedial students then the process isn't so bad. Its a good fit all around for the program directors, you and the students.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy?   1 Answer