City Colleges of Chicago Senior Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City Colleges of Chicago Senior Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at City Colleges of Chicago

1 Interview Review

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The HR rep, did a brief phone interview, reading-off a brief list of questions clearly derived from the job posting. She probably had a low to moderate understanding of the job content herself, so stuck to basics here.

Passing that, she sent me a little performance task. It was surprisingly, fairly non-technical, and really only asked me to prepare to give a short PP presentation to the "Decision Support" (Strategy) team, a proposal of my ideas for how to manage/structure the evaluation metrics for a given strategic initiative ("Reinvention") for different participants across the colleges. I found this a bit too simple, really, to deserve a 15 minute power point (So maybe I missed something?) But, on my interview day, I delivered a few slides on the topic, as asked.

For my Interview day, I met with the heads of two, related, departments at the same time, as they both had research/data analytic roles to fill. Then, I gave my PP to the larger team, of maybe 8 staff, with a little discussion. All folks were positive, and engaged. I think they easily could tell that in some areas I was a bit "green", but our exchange was quite polite and positive; I made light of some of my previous nonprofit jobs simply not offering very rigorous data challenges yet. And, in all, I think they saw I had strong skills and some useful experience, still.

Also, the HR rep, was super kind throughout the process, had a fairly practical, honest way about her. She had asked about salary range a bit, and I told her about a few other organizations I was also interviewing with, and the range for them. She admitted that they were only currently able to offer around the very bottom of that range. I got the sense hat she was disappointed, and that it would be bureaucratically difficult to improve their offer range. So...

Interview Questions