City University London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

2.9

Evening & Weekends Library Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City University London (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

A 3 person panel interview, with every member asking 3 questions each. There was also a scenario-based question similar to, "You've just arrived on shift at the service desk. The phone's ringing, the printers aren't working, and there's a long queue of people who need to print their coursework which needs to be submitted soon. What do you do?" Here, it's important to emphasis teamwork -
     get your colleagues involved - don't try to tackle the situation alone; this is not what they want.

It lasted approximately 35 minutes and all interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes a good supervisor and why?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you gave or received customer service. What was good about it?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a poor performing member of staff?   1 Answer

Student Buddy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City University London.

Interview

Interview included basic questions on the university, interest in role applying for, thoughts on university so far. Pretty much basic questions but they were trying to see if i was interested.

also had a mock exercise where we had to do some creative stuff to check our communication skills. they are looking for good listeners

Interview Questions

• Why do you find this role interesting?   1 Answer

Manager - Enterprise Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City University London.

Interview

It took them a month to provide feedback and invite me to interview. The interview was reasonable, they have asked questions relevant to the role, which included a presentation from me that they ask me to bring. After two weeks without hearing back I emailed and phoned but the only feedback I received was that they haven't made a decision so far. After a few days I received an automatic email saying I was not successful.

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City University London (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

After a Cover Letter I had a interview with the Manager and Deputy Manager

Interview Questions

• How would you deal invoices? Describe a time where you worked under pressure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They provided flexibility on working hours and taking days off.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City University London (London, England (UK)) in September 2009.

Interview

I had to do a presentation to a panel and then questions were asked from the presentation. The topic of the presentation was given earlier.

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at City University London in October 2008.

Interview

application form with research proposal at stage 1
    stage 2 panel interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation: fixed offer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City University London (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Le processus a été très rapide, j'ai eu un seul entretien d'environ 40 minutes et j'ai été embauché 5 jours après. Deux personnes de l'équipe marketing m'ont recues. J'ai ensuite du rédiger un email type pour un académique.

Interview Questions

• Comment réagissez vous face à des contacts difficiles?   Answer Question
    • Avez-vous de l'experience avec des partenaires externes?   Answer Question