City Year Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City Year Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Year.

Interview

Questions about working together, and education interest, how you have assisted in projects before. Very direct in their questions. Very good experience overall. Opportunity for skype, in-person interviews. What does City Year mean to you.

Interview Questions

• What is the longest commitment you've made?   1 Answer

Impact Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City Year.

Interview

I was extremely disappointed when interviewing for an impact manager position in Texas. I was asked for my references and promised a phone call or email within two weeks with future steps, yet never received any further communication. I have always respected City Year as an AmeriCorps Alum and this was disheartening.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my employment history in extreme detail.   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Year.

Interview

I found the job posting on LinkedIn and applied directly on the City Year website. I received notification that I was selected to start the interview process approximately two weeks after I submitted my application. The first step in the interview was a 35-minute phone screening. The second stage consisted of four 30-minute interviews with a variety of employees.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous boss say your strengths and weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you've had to handle conflict with a colleague.   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Year (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

it took about two weeks.... straight forward and received email for interview times...confirmation email received before time....courteous and made the interview easy... very pleased with the process overall.... smooth hiring process

Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Year (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application, then got an email a few days later. Interview was very generic and they asked typical questions of this type of organization. Didn't seem as though they had even looked at my resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Year.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one for my placement because I checked serve where most needed and the second to be acceptance in milwaukee. Pretty standard interview questions nothing surprising and you get the chance to ask any questions that you have.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City Year (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through Metrolink (Cover Letter and Resume), was selected for an interview, then was asked to fill out the online application. There were two people interviewing me and the questions mostly revolved around my experience working with children and my desire to work with City Year.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on bridging the gap between yourself, coming from a more privileged socio-economic background, and the children you will be working with?   Answer Question

Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City Year (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I completed a phone interview. It lasted about 45 minutes and was very conversation-friendly. The interviewer had prior experience in the same position I was applying for so I got a really personal outlook into the program.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Year in February 2017.

Interview

It was pretty simple application process. 2 essay questions and recommendations. Maybe a week after I submitted, I was contacted for an interview. It was over the phone, very basic questions about team work and leadership roles. Only lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for city year?
      Why are you applying for City Year as opposed to TFA?   Answer Question

Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City Year (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I want to get applied so I can help the community out. I want to succeed in life. This is a big opportunity for me. I saw one of y'all videos and it was interesting to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me did I know anything about city year.   1 Answer