City Year Senior Corps Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City Year Senior Corps Member Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Year in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was about an hour but my interview ran a little longer. I interviewed with an Impact Manager that I hadn't worked with in the past and it was a very "matter of fact" interview where the interviewer asked a question, I responded, and their was zero conversation. The process took about two/three week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a first year corps member was continuously late and your team began to get upset by it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for City Year

Senior Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City Year.

Interview

The hiring and interview process are executed well. City Year has a strong focus on technology; as a result much of the hiring process is done electronically and the interview process can be done in-person, by phone or via Skype. The questions are focused on the candidate's character and values.

Interview Questions

• How do you want children to describe you, and what steps or actions would you take to accomplish that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

From what I know corps members can not negotiate pay and benefits.

Senior Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Year.

Interview

I applied as a Corps Member for a Senior Corps Team Leader position. The application is not very lengthy and requires questions about your strengths, weaknesses, an event you championed or drove to success etc. It also ask questions about your communication/leadership style. I was interviewed by our Director of Impact and School Partnerships. The interviewed asked many questions about how to deal with certain corps member situations so be prepared to think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• I believe the biggest things that they will look for whether or not they are explicitly asked are 1) How emotionally grounded and adept are you to handle the stress of corps members, students and administration. 2) Are you deeply connected and bought in to the mission and values of City Year. 3) Have you proven yourself to be a clear leader and represent the organization in a strong way to community and school partners. 4) Are you willing to grow in the areas in which you are weak?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City Year (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was done by phone, there was a screening interview followed by another round also on the phone. They have a list of questions that they have to ask you. They will take notes during the call, so be prepared for some awkward silences. Make sure that you have examples for every potential question you could be asked. They love when you provide concise examples.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the have a set budget for each corps member.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City Year (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2010.

Interview

A couple interviews with internal staff

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quick

Senior Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City Year in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. The questions were easy to answer which actually made it harder because you want to come up with the most unique answers possible to stand out.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the most challenging aspect of working at city year will be?   Answer Question