City Year UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

City Year UK Interview Questions

Interviews at City Year UK

2.3

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Year UK.

Interview

It was 8 of us at the assesment day. We first played two games, one we had to cross the room using sheets of paper and the other was to build a tower out of paper cups, straws and plates. I guess they wanted to see how we worked as a team and what are character/ attitudes were like. We then did a test to check our ability in English grammar. After that it was the 1:1 interview. Questions I got asked were:
    - Why do you want to work for City Year?
    - What do you want to do in the future?
    - What do you think you can give to City Year?
    - How would you deal with conflict between your co-workers? How would you deal with conflict between the children?
    - What do you think you will find the hardest at City Year?
    - What is the biggest challenge you hve faced?

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City Year UK (Islington, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two Rounds: the first round was a round table discussion and competency based interview with the Head of HR and Executive Assistant. The second was a situational test and more detailed interview after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward

Volunteer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Year UK (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a very enjoyable day; group task, situational judgement test (based on a video) then interview. Very friendly and relaxed, they began with a game for us to introduce ourselves, seemed quite formal at the time and like they're looking for a lot (they write a lot of notes) but I asked for my interview feedback a few months into the programme and it was all very positive; they're not looking for much, you just need to make sure you don't give them a reason not to take you on.

Volunteer Learning Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Year UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online first, then was called in for an interview and assessment centre we we had to work together in groups to formulate solutions presented to us, or to create a new club idea that would accommodate to the children in the scenario . I then had an interview with 2 people. After passing the Interview, I had to do an online English and Math test and then after that I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• An example of how I dealt with disagreements with someone/or people on a team, and how I came to a solution.   Answer Question

Volunteer Learning Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City Year UK (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Online form
    Competency based interview questions
    Watched a situational video and answered a multiple choice test based on it
    there was also a maths and English online test to be completed after I was offered the position but was told my role was not contingent on it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in team and made a success of it   1 Answer

Volounteer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City Year UK (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview two days later. Had a situational judgement test based on a video and a scenario I had to create an action plan to resolve. Then had my interview, which was relaxed and lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview date, I was given an English and maths test which I did online and was offered the role the next day.