City and County of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City and County of San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.9

Pool Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Interview

Single day interview. Started with a test on all of the different in-water rescues. This was followed by CPR and First Aid test. Ended the day with a situational interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: If a dispute between two patrons broke out, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very Straight forward - two interviewers with preprinted question we all had in front of us. I was allowed to take some notes. Time frame for any decision will be three months to a year.

1822 Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I have one phone call and one in-person interview. There were 4 people in the room and they all asked me different questions and took notes. After that I did a test in the computer for about 30 minutes.
    The process went well and they called me to continue the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience that are relevant for this position   1 Answer

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewers were 15 minutes late for a 30 minute interview. Interview was scheduled for 11:30, they called me in at 11:45, and made sure to break promptly for lunch at 12:00. I was told to give my bio, and it was obvious that they were not terribly interested in asking me questions or listening to what I had to say. However, I already knew they had someone internal they wanted to promote as a couple of people were talking loudly in the reception area about the person that was already selected for the position, and I realized they were wasting my time and money.

Senior Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three to four questions posted to the table and a panel of 3-4 people reading the questions that were posted to the table. It was really annoying and distracting because there would be people on the panel not interested in anything you are saying, while another is critiquing everything you say. The goal is to engage everyone and to try to level out the playing field. Its hard but I would recommend that you focus more on the two people that are more likely to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you....?
      What do you know about the agency?
      What would you do is?
      Why do you thing this position is good for you?
      Is there anything you would like to ask us?
      1 Answer

Clerk 1404 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. They do a background check first if you are qualified. If they like you they will contact you to come in for the interview. Ask a few questions and contact you when youre done.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A panel interview for about 30-40 minutes - the usual behavioral questions. Nothing too unique.
    You just have to convince them you are the right candidate, either because of your experience, or your attitude (in case you don't have the experience). Of course, its subjective (like anywhere else), so make sure you smile, be friendly and dress sharp..Oh, and be yourself - that's always the key :)

Interview Questions

• Challenges and benefits of working with people whose life experience is very different from your own?   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long waiting periods during process. Interviewers seemed very disinterested. First interview was a phone call with 4 other people, who never introduced themselves when they spoke. The questions were emailed to me at the start of the interview, and it was not clear how I was supposed to proceed. The questions were all very generic, and had nothing specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any of the questions but I know they were generic enough to be found on any job interview prep site/ article.   Answer Question

Manager Position Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Interview

The hiring process took 6 months and was fairly cumbersome. Went through two interviews and a lot of waiting. The interview questions were straight out of the job description but the interview format was challenging (no discussion with interviewers - you talk "at" them)

At the end of the process, I received an email stating that they had reevaluated their needs and were not going to fill the position after all. To top it all, that last email was sent on Christmas Eve...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco in January 2016.

Interview

Panel interviews. The best way to prepare is to memorize all the relevant laws and policies and be able to answer hypotheticals. Very formal process.
    Required to interview for multiple rounds. Diverse panel. Overall positive experience.