City and County of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.9

Recreation Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

direct and straight. They will have different phases for you depending on what you're applying for. Should have some sort of game plan ready. Do your homework before going into the interview.

Junior Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. A couple months later, was invited to take a civil service exam, which released scores a month later. The top three scores were referred to departments over the next few months, and requests were sent out for updated resumes and cover letters.

I was invited to interview with three separate divisions. Two of the three interviews required computer based skill exams in addition to an oral panel interview. The oral interview consisted of multiple people sitting across from you asking questions that are numbered and printed out on a sheet placed in front of you. Each interviewer would ask questions, and one would take notes.

A month later, I received a fingerprinting background check request from one of the three departments. A couple of weeks later, I received my official offer letter and happily accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• In two of the tree interviews, I was asked why I wanted to work for the specific department for which I was interviewing for. Make sure to have a good answer prepared, as the offer that I did receive was from the one department that did not ask this question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Fair interview process. Applied online and had to submit a proposal on how to improve a facet of the city. Went into the office and was interviewed for about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you think are SF's biggest problems? How would you fix them? What has been a challenge in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Public Service Aide Interview

Application

Interview

1 Panel interview with 2 managers. Asked questions about why you fit in the position applying for; what's your experience xyz; what are your long term goals; etc. Managers were friendly and wanted to get to know you. Don't forget to ask questions about the department you will be working for and demonstrate you have the skills and experience for the job.

Pool Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Interview

Single day interview. Started with a test on all of the different in-water rescues. This was followed by CPR and First Aid test. Ended the day with a situational interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: If a dispute between two patrons broke out, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very Straight forward - two interviewers with preprinted question we all had in front of us. I was allowed to take some notes. Time frame for any decision will be three months to a year.

1822 Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I have one phone call and one in-person interview. There were 4 people in the room and they all asked me different questions and took notes. After that I did a test in the computer for about 30 minutes.
    The process went well and they called me to continue the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience that are relevant for this position   1 Answer

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewers were 15 minutes late for a 30 minute interview. Interview was scheduled for 11:30, they called me in at 11:45, and made sure to break promptly for lunch at 12:00. I was told to give my bio, and it was obvious that they were not terribly interested in asking me questions or listening to what I had to say. However, I already knew they had someone internal they wanted to promote as a couple of people were talking loudly in the reception area about the person that was already selected for the position, and I realized they were wasting my time and money.

Senior Administrative Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Three to four questions posted to the table and a panel of 3-4 people reading the questions that were posted to the table. It was really annoying and distracting because there would be people on the panel not interested in anything you are saying, while another is critiquing everything you say. The goal is to engage everyone and to try to level out the playing field. Its hard but I would recommend that you focus more on the two people that are more likely to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you....?
      What do you know about the agency?
      What would you do is?
      Why do you thing this position is good for you?
      Is there anything you would like to ask us?   1 Answer

Clerk 1404 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. They do a background check first if you are qualified. If they like you they will contact you to come in for the interview. Ask a few questions and contact you when youre done.