City and County of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City and County of San Francisco Interview Questions

Interviews at City and County of San Francisco

Community Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Questions mainly asked to give examples of experiences designing and implementing programs. The department was extremely low on budget and behind on hiring for the position.

Contractor Interview

Interview

I worked the overnight position so the hours took some time to adjust too. I learned the ins and outs of a federal reserve bank and the fundamentals of a banking clearing house. Management was thorough and knowledgeable, friendly and committed to running a smooth operation. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my position were the hours, it took more time than I had expected to adjust to working overnights and still maintaining my home life balance equally. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers

Interview Questions

• I really enjoyed working at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (Salt Lake City Branch). My co-workers were very friendly, organized and helpful. The general management was professional yet cordial and showed respect to all employees no mater their position.   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First round included a panel interview with a test. Second round consisted of an interview with the director. Interviews were professional and fair - reasonable questions that assessed skills and fit. The interview content is confidential.

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long waiting periods during process. Interviewers seemed very disinterested. First interview was a phone call with 4 other people, who never introduced themselves when they spoke. The questions were emailed to me at the start of the interview, and it was not clear how I was supposed to proceed. The questions were all very generic, and had nothing specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any of the questions but I know they were generic enough to be found on any job interview prep site/ article.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very Straight forward - two interviewers with preprinted question we all had in front of us. I was allowed to take some notes. Time frame for any decision will be three months to a year.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A panel interview for about 30-40 minutes - the usual behavioral questions. Nothing too unique.
    You just have to convince them you are the right candidate, either because of your experience, or your attitude (in case you don't have the experience). Of course, its subjective (like anywhere else), so make sure you smile, be friendly and dress sharp..Oh, and be yourself - that's always the key :)

Interview Questions

• Challenges and benefits of working with people whose life experience is very different from your own?   Answer Question

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.   Answer Question

Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

This was a contract position, so it didn't require the usual testing to be placed on a list process that is common for City and County jobs. I submitted my resume, was invited for an interview, and then completed the hiring process with another company that administers pay and benefits. Technically, you are an employee of the contracted company, but you are hired, supervised/managed, and even fired (if that comes up) by employees of the City and County.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a technical question at all, just pointless. I was asked what my zodiac sign is.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations- contract position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Fair interview process. Applied online and had to submit a proposal on how to improve a facet of the city. Went into the office and was interviewed for about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you think are SF's biggest problems? How would you fix them? What has been a challenge in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. I received a call from a hiring manager about one week before the scheduled date of the interview. The interview consisted of two panel members. I was asked how my previous educational and professional experiences would help me perform the duties of the position.