City and County of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City and County of San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewers were 15 minutes late for a 30 minute interview. Interview was scheduled for 11:30, they called me in at 11:45, and made sure to break promptly for lunch at 12:00. I was told to give my bio, and it was obvious that they were not terribly interested in asking me questions or listening to what I had to say. However, I already knew they had someone internal they wanted to promote as a couple of people were talking loudly in the reception area about the person that was already selected for the position, and I realized they were wasting my time and money.

Senior Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three to four questions posted to the table and a panel of 3-4 people reading the questions that were posted to the table. It was really annoying and distracting because there would be people on the panel not interested in anything you are saying, while another is critiquing everything you say. The goal is to engage everyone and to try to level out the playing field. Its hard but I would recommend that you focus more on the two people that are more likely to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you....?
      What do you know about the agency?
      What would you do is?
      Why do you thing this position is good for you?
      Is there anything you would like to ask us?
      1 Answer

Clerk 1404 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. They do a background check first if you are qualified. If they like you they will contact you to come in for the interview. Ask a few questions and contact you when youre done.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A panel interview for about 30-40 minutes - the usual behavioral questions. Nothing too unique.
    You just have to convince them you are the right candidate, either because of your experience, or your attitude (in case you don't have the experience). Of course, its subjective (like anywhere else), so make sure you smile, be friendly and dress sharp..Oh, and be yourself - that's always the key :)

Interview Questions

• Challenges and benefits of working with people whose life experience is very different from your own?   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long waiting periods during process. Interviewers seemed very disinterested. First interview was a phone call with 4 other people, who never introduced themselves when they spoke. The questions were emailed to me at the start of the interview, and it was not clear how I was supposed to proceed. The questions were all very generic, and had nothing specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any of the questions but I know they were generic enough to be found on any job interview prep site/ article.   Answer Question

Manager Position Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Interview

The hiring process took 6 months and was fairly cumbersome. Went through two interviews and a lot of waiting. The interview questions were straight out of the job description but the interview format was challenging (no discussion with interviewers - you talk "at" them)

At the end of the process, I received an email stating that they had reevaluated their needs and were not going to fill the position after all. To top it all, that last email was sent on Christmas Eve...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco in January 2016.

Interview

Panel interviews. The best way to prepare is to memorize all the relevant laws and policies and be able to answer hypotheticals. Very formal process.
    Required to interview for multiple rounds. Diverse panel. Overall positive experience.

Accountant Interview

Application

Interview

Step one is taking and passing a written exam. Step two is completing a computerized test if you pass the written exam. Step three is interviewing in front of a panel. Step four is completing Rotation One (nine months), and interviewing in front of the panel again. Step five is completing Rotation Two (another nine months), and presenting a topic to the panel. You will then be placed on a ranked list for the next position in the accounting series.

The process is lengthy, but the internship is paid. Very competitive program.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to learn next?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are fixed and can be viewed online at SFGov.org

Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Three people sit on a interview panel. They ask you five questions and you have to hit the keywords, That are written down on the piece of paper in front of them. If you know much too much and speak above their heads you get no points. Hopefully will have somebody that is qualified that sits on the interview panel I will know the Logistics of accomplishing the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan a construction tenant improvement what are the trades involved and how do you keep it on budget and on time   1 Answer

IS Business Analyst - Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City and County of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First there was an online test, followed by a video interview, then 3 in person interviews. The test was very challenging and was mostly logic-type questions. The video interview was stressful and asked about my experience handling data and personnel issues, as the position is a data architecture position and is a supervisor role. The interviews met with the various members of the Analyst team who would be my colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Q. What experience do I have with data architecture   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, they offered a lower salary, and I came back with a higher offer. We eventually settled in the middle.