City of Albuquerque Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City of Albuquerque (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2012.

Interview

Straightforward and to the point. If you prepare and know yourself and know how to sell yourself you will do very well they are very shorthanded and if you have a good background and are excited and prepared to do the job you should not have any problems at all

Center Manager Interview

Interview

Very good way to know your employees and their employment what to expect from me and my own experience.
    A easy way to do more interviews.
    Knowing what to expect from the job.

City Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Albuquerque (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online, and received an interview a few days later. I was asked about driving history, any felonies, DUIs, etc. Helpful to have CDL, but will train you to get it (this was the policy at the time I hired on). Very quick process. I was hired within a few days of the interview. They needed drivers at the time.

Interview Questions

• No tough questions, just about work history, and criminal record, if any.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The city wages are standard for everyone.

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Albuquerque in September 2017.

Interview

Great! Simple and easy. Makes it easy when you know the job! Just strive to be better and always believe in yourself! City has the best benefits, but okay to work for.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in accounting/bookkeeping?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Albuquerque.

Interview

The hiring and interview process begins with an on-line application followed by an interview with the hiring attorney. A background in the type of law provided by the city is essential. The range of options varies from litigation to water and utilities

Interview Questions

• It is a standard process conducted by the attorney staff and the managing attorney   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salaries are on-line and one should try to review them to get a sense of past incomes for comparable positions

Firefighter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City of Albuquerque (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2011.

Interview

was called in for a panel interview with 5 chiefs, was accepted as a candidate dependant on passing a physical assessment. this consisted of pushups, pullups and a timed mile run. last stage was full FBI background checks and psychological assessment. the process was very difficult but I persevered and became a firefighter

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a firefighter?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Albuquerque.

Interview

The interview contained at minimum 10+ questions. Some of which not related to the position . Had a panel of at least 4 individuals. Which was not a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• the question was geared to... tell me about this department and why you want to work here.   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Albuquerque (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2013.

Interview

Apply online. Receive a call to schedule an interview at there office. Arrive for interview, answer questions and discuss qualifications. Wait for a response confirming or denying employment. The overall experience was easy and went along smoothly. It helps to show your face prior to the interview to increase your chances.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City of Albuquerque (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2015.

Interview

Application online through NEOGOV site, detailed application process. You must address each minimum and preferred qualification to ensure an interview. Waiting time varies from 2 months to 6 months from time of application to hire date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the city   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Albuquerque (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

I was brought in even after they closed the position (because I was out of town during their scheduled interviews). I sat in front of a panel of city IT personnel that asked me various IT questions. After the my interview, I was contacted the next day with an offer and accepted. The dept. in which I worked was diverse, active and everyone was willing to help one another out - very communicative and willing to share.

Interview Questions

• I didn't experience this issue, so I cannot address.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very straight forward