City of Austin Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of Austin Texas

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied and was called three weeks later for phone screening which took 30 minutes and consisted of scripted questions regarding the role. Three people involved in the screening.

Emailed assessment material and then Contacted for face to face interview two weeks later. Four people on panel. Asked a round of questions by each. I had to do a mock presentation. Was offered the job within a week.

Interview Questions

Interview

got a phone interview, then got an in person interview, then got a job offer. Typical slow government hiring process. I got the job offer two months after applying for job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond your job duties.   Answer Question

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

It was a panel interview. I enjoyed the process and I thought the questions were thorough and relevant. The panelists were some I knew, (and liked) and some I didn't know personally. They asked relevant questions and I was able to pitch myself as a team player and my desire to help the city.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist - PARD Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas.

Interview

Invited to 1st round- 6 person panel interview (no phone screen). Invited for 2nd round- 6 person panel interview about 2 weeks later. Same format both times, with hiring manager at each; 5 different HR pros from various departments on each panel. After introductions, was asked the usual "tell us about yourself" opener. It was explained that my answers to a set list of questions were being graded and that the highest scoring candidates would advance. At 1st interview, the only person that spoke aside from me was the hiring manager. Everyone else smiled, listened & took notes. At the 2nd interview, the only difference was that each panel member got to ask a question or two.

All interviewers were friendly and pleasant, yet the entire process was sterile, a bit cold, and lacked engagement & discussion. Hard to expect much from a monologue!

I was given a fair amount of time at the end to ask my questions, which was appreciated.
    I sent out thank-yous to all involved. I was told that I'd hear back in one week, either way.
    I haven't received any follow-up, whatsoever. Ghosted by HR professionals!!

Interview Questions

• Using the job posting/description, describe how you meet the min & preferred qualifications. Next, explain how you are able to carry out the duties, functions and responsibilities of the role. The 3rd component was a 45 minute timed, 10 question round-robin style behavioral & technical (compliance) Q & A.   Answer Question

Engineer A Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview with a panel on the other end. It lasted 30 minutes. There were a total 9 questions mostly about experience solving problems and working with people with a surprise technical question in there as well.

Interview Questions

• What are the components that make up concrete and why are they important?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have solving a problem with people of different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas in January 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview was 10 questions to assess fit based on my past experiences. The questions were straightforward and relevant to the role and seemed like they would be the same for all interviewees.

Interview Questions

• How would you run a race discrimination case   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the hardest investigation you have been in charge og   Answer Question

Animal Protections Officer Interview

Interview

Very structured phone interview (30 minutes to answer six questions, graded on a rubric, not a convo at all) followed by in-person interview with the same structure. There were three evaluators at each interview--two people from Protections and one from Customer Service

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized when you are overwhelmed with tasks?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Called for onsite interview three weeks later. Panels of 4. Very formal question. Included a computer skill test. It was not that difficult. Overall, the interview process is very general and typical to any government agency.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview was like a question and answer panel. There was myself and 5 other people sitting at the table. I didn't expect to be questioned by 5 people at a rectangle table. It was like a tennis match trying to keep eye contact with different people asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• There were some interview questions that were given to prepare for the interview, but they were not as specific as the questions asked   1 Answer

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It took a while to get an email back after i submit an application, however once the process started rolling, it went pretty fast. Everyone was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Whether I liked working with a team?   1 Answer