City of Austin Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of Austin Texas

2.9

Sort:

Construction Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was based on a pre decided set of questions which were asked by the interviewer. The set of questions were mostly behavioral. All the answers were noted down by the interviewer.

Contract Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online. Duration took approximately 9 weeks to receive a call from HR. I was asked to provide a date to schedule a 3 person panel interview over a conference call. When the time came for the conference call interview, the host was not at all gracious. No small talk. The host explained I had 30 minutes to describe why I'm qualified for the job...go! As I'm describing my experiences and qualifications, the host is counting down every 10 minutes until the interview was over. No discussion till the end of the 30 minutes. Not a good first experience with the City of Austin. Withdrew my application as this is not the environment I wish to pursue my career goals.

Interview Questions

• Host and panel interviewers asked (3) questions at the end of my interview that were industry related.   Answer Question

Performance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online; did a 30-minute phone screening and was invited back for a panel interview. After that, I was invited back to do a presentation and required to do a background check and submit references. Just prior to my presentation date, I noticed the job was re-posted online. I did a great presentation and then nothing. After a month of radio silence, I was sent a generic message saying I wasn't chosen for the position. Just seemed like a big waste of time, energy, and effort.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and how you meet the job qualifications.   Answer Question

Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I was basically hired over the phone, I only went into the office for a face to face meeting. I was hired as a temp attendant and it ws one of the easiet job that I have ever had. I loved it, I wouldn't mind going back.

Interview Questions

I don't feel called by God to be a parking attendant all of my life.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Great! I had an interview with two mid-level employees who made me feel very comfortable and excited about working for the City! However, I was surprised with a timed one-hour writing sample test where I was given a scenario and had to describe what I would do in that case. It wasn't bad, however I was not expecting it. Good thing I didn't have immediate plans after what I thought would be a 20 minute interview!

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think the roles of this job are and what the type of work is?   Answer Question

Media Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

In person panel interview with 5 staff members; 2nd part interview was an online "test" to demonstrate writing abilities under short time. Panel interview that was intimidating, but not too difficult; personality questions and questions about leadership skills and previous internship experiences

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest advice someone has every told you? Name a few city officials.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

A group of people in one room asking about my resume "tell us about you" then give us an example of when you... They after that interview a interview with the Directors...one was very rude and made comments about if you have any questions...and I did and they said ' well you can look that up, didn't you say you are internet savvy"...umm ok that was very rude. Then she keep looking at her watch like I was wasting her time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you, your strengths, weaknesses...typical interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Horrible cause I got my offer and then when I started work for a whole week they took it away

Management Interview

Interview

I had multiple interviews with the City. The final interview was in-person, which was mostly good, until one interviewer asked repeatedly for my personal political opinion on an issue. Significant time was spent on both my and the organization's end throughout the application process. Despite this mutual investment and my attempts at following up, the department never provided notification that another applicant was selected.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Called for onsite interview three weeks later. Panels of 4. Very formal question. Included a computer skill test. It was not that difficult. Overall, the interview process is very general and typical to any government agency.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview was like a question and answer panel. There was myself and 5 other people sitting at the table. I didn't expect to be questioned by 5 people at a rectangle table. It was like a tennis match trying to keep eye contact with different people asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• There were some interview questions that were given to prepare for the interview, but they were not as specific as the questions asked   1 Answer