City of Austin Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Austin Texas Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.9

Animal Protections Officer Interview

Interview

Very structured phone interview (30 minutes to answer six questions, graded on a rubric, not a convo at all) followed by in-person interview with the same structure. There were three evaluators at each interview--two people from Protections and one from Customer Service

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized when you are overwhelmed with tasks?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Called for onsite interview three weeks later. Panels of 4. Very formal question. Included a computer skill test. It was not that difficult. Overall, the interview process is very general and typical to any government agency.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview was like a question and answer panel. There was myself and 5 other people sitting at the table. I didn't expect to be questioned by 5 people at a rectangle table. It was like a tennis match trying to keep eye contact with different people asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• There were some interview questions that were given to prepare for the interview, but they were not as specific as the questions asked   1 Answer

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It took a while to get an email back after i submit an application, however once the process started rolling, it went pretty fast. Everyone was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Whether I liked working with a team?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online. Duration took approximately 9 weeks to receive a call from HR. I was asked to provide a date to schedule a 3 person panel interview over a conference call. When the time came for the conference call interview, the host was not at all gracious. No small talk. The host explained I had 30 minutes to describe why I'm qualified for the job...go! As I'm describing my experiences and qualifications, the host is counting down every 10 minutes until the interview was over. No discussion till the end of the 30 minutes. Not a good first experience with the City of Austin. Withdrew my application as this is not the environment I wish to pursue my career goals.

Interview Questions

• Host and panel interviewers asked (3) questions at the end of my interview that were industry related.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Great! I had an interview with two mid-level employees who made me feel very comfortable and excited about working for the City! However, I was surprised with a timed one-hour writing sample test where I was given a scenario and had to describe what I would do in that case. It wasn't bad, however I was not expecting it. Good thing I didn't have immediate plans after what I thought would be a 20 minute interview!

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think the roles of this job are and what the type of work is?   Answer Question

Performance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online; did a 30-minute phone screening and was invited back for a panel interview. After that, I was invited back to do a presentation and required to do a background check and submit references. Just prior to my presentation date, I noticed the job was re-posted online. I did a great presentation and then nothing. After a month of radio silence, I was sent a generic message saying I wasn't chosen for the position. Just seemed like a big waste of time, energy, and effort.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and how you meet the job qualifications.   Answer Question

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (The Woodlands, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a telephone interview as one of 18 applicants narrowed down from a total applicant pool of 80+. A panel of three people conducted the interview and I felt they were relaxed and gracious. I received a follow up call a few weeks later notifying me that I did not make the next round. I found that very considerate.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging project that I worked on and how did I overcome the obstacles (paraphrasing).   1 Answer

Management Interview

Interview

I had multiple interviews with the City. The final interview was in-person, which was mostly good, until one interviewer asked repeatedly for my personal political opinion on an issue. Significant time was spent on both my and the organization's end throughout the application process. Despite this mutual investment and my attempts at following up, the department never provided notification that another applicant was selected.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City of Austin Texas (Kyle, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The job interview was a very positive experience. I was able to articulate all of my previous experience which resulted in an offer for employment. I am very grateful for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant experience?   1 Answer