City of Baker School System Interview Questions in Baker, LA | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Baker School System

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Superintendent of Schools Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baker, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Baker School System (Baker, LA) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview was conducted behind closed doors with a five member board in the first phase. That I didn't like. I ws used to interviewing in public. The questions went on for a while. They focused on what I had done as successes and mistakes I had made. They also wanted to know what I would do to improve the school system.

At that time it was the second worse school system in Louisiana with many, many personnel problems. It improved slightly while I was there, and it has since regressed again. There was also a public interview one evening, and it was attended obviously by some school employees. However, there was also a large number of community leaders and parents since the school system had performed so poorly over the years. The one criticism of me that I remember that night was that I called the board president by her first name. I had gotten to know her over the weeks of the process through repeated phone calls to and from me. I really let that slip. I should have remained more formal with her as I did with the others.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything in your background that would disqualify you form this position?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I really did handle the negotiation phase. I had an attorney, and I let him handle that since he knew more about contractual give and take. That worked well. He got me a reasonable salary for a two plus year contract with a car and a phone allowance. I would not have thought of the things he did, and I would have been worse for it.