City of Bellevue Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of Bellevue Washington

2.5

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Hiring manager contacted me to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview with hiring manager followed with in-person interview with the team. Red ALERT: Manager was part of the interview process with the team where I could tell that they were holding back on giving straightforward answer. As a candidate, you could ask if you can talk to the team alone when you sense that there could be a morale issue. I sensed it but I ignored it. Needless to say, I ignored the signs, joined the team, and suffered as a consequence. IT Department is a small team, about 60 people, with leadership team that lacks in people management or leadership skill and technology know how. Results: low team morale and "fear" culture. HR is alsmost non-existent - No help! Read reviews about IT on Glassdoor - After all, it's a two-way street. Ask questions - lots of it - especially regarding Management Culture, Organization Culture, and Career Advancement.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

15-20 people in interview panel. It is typical of City of Bellevue. My advice, you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. So make sure you have questions. Do not send thank you email or notes. People are busy and have no time for those. It will make you look needy and desperate.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington.

Interview

Had a phone interview, a skype interview and an in-person interview including a test. Did everything in a few months. No updates for a few months. Then the hiring manager called and asked for a few references. A week later, the hiring manager emailed me and let me know they made a decision not to continue the process.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions on scenarios. I was also asked to present a project I managed in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received an email a few days after the closing date to set up a phone interview. Very easy process. Interview was very comfortable and more like a conversation. Phone interview consisted of two interviewers telling me about the position, then a series of about 6 questions were asked, then I was able to ask questions. Awaiting a response to see if I made the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would my current supervisor say is my greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington (Bellevue, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Two interview panels - customer and pear groups in the same day. Was asked to bring work related documentation from any project with functional and business requirements.
    Interviewers were friendly so I was not nervous. If cannot come to the interview, can Skype in. After the interview was working with hiring manager and HR on negotiating salary and vacation.
    Not difficult process at all.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington (Bellevue, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

First I received an email for the phone interview and after I cleared the phone interview I got invited for an in person interview. It had approx 14 questions with the supervisor and the team.

Network Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington in May 2016.

Interview

It was short sweet and to the point. Lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer knew what he was looking for and asked questions according the my resume and job description.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Skype for business, WAN, wifi setup for large areas, etc?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual. First you talked to the two pool managers. They asked a few questions. After answering the questions, you demonstrate saves in the main pool on a real person. One of the saved included a deep-water rescue.

Lifeguard/Swim Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington (Bellevue, WA) in April 2009.

Interview

You will out an application and turn it in the assistant aquatics manager (he's the one who does the hiring and stuff). Once they look over your interview, they will call you in for an interview which generally consists of you, the assistance aquatics manager and another supervisor. They'll ask you questions like, what are your good characteristics, what is your experience with swimming, what would you do in this situation and so on. The questions themselves are not hard, and just think through them and be honest. You can only apply if they're hiring (which they generally are all year-round) and if they interview you, you have a very high chance of working there. I haven't heard of anyone being turned away.

Interview Questions

• Would you tweak the rules to accomodate a difficult patron or would you stick to what your manager wants?   Answer Question
    • What is your customer service experience?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer (6 Mo Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Bellevue Washington (Bellevue, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to interview before job posting closed (no phone interview prior to the in-person); had to wait a few weeks for the interview, which occurred at Bellevue's City Hall. Interview was brief, about 20 minutes, with two people. Was asked to bring in a print portfolio of my work, which is a bit unusual for the design industry these days; I suspect they didn't even look at my online portfolio.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a design project you're proud of.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a design project you found challenging.   Answer Question
    • What do you find challenging about working in InDesign?   Answer Question
    • If you had three projects at once—a logo, postcard, and report—which one would you start first?   Answer Question