City of Bloomington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Bloomington

Seasonal Field Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Bloomington (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

I applied online through the city of Bloomington's website. I got an email probably about 2 weeks later asking for an in person interview. The interview was with the director of the department and the division manager. It was very relaxed overall. I got a call within 4 days saying they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The job listed $10-12 per hour based on experience and the final salary decision was up to HR. I ended up getting $12 probably because of my bachelors degree.

Interview

Applied on paper and mailed it in by the dated deadline. Bloomington likes to interview and hire early to get the best interns for the year. I got a response back within a week. I was interviewed by the head manager and another secondary manager from the EH department. There about 20 or so questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were conducting an inspection and you notice that past violations were not corrected, what would you do? How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You will receive a call and an official letter in the mail.

Misc Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Bloomington (Bloomington, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Apply through Human Resources. Called for interview. Testing at HR. Interview with direct supervisor. Take Drug Test. Wait for Background check.

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Bloomington in November 2012.

Interview

Sent in application and resume. Was called for testing and later for an interview. Was interviewed by three people. They seemed rather stern.

Telecommunicator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Bloomington in September 2010.

Interview

Phone call, skills test, interview, background check, polygraph, offer

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult thing you have ever done?   1 Answer
    • are you ok working nights/weekends/holidays   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation