City of Boulder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of Boulder

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City of Boulder (Boulder, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I met one on one with my employer who asked me about my relayed experience and pertinant class work. It appeared that testing my interpersonal communication was a large consideration in the hiring process.The interview was relatively informal with standard interview questions. It appeared my enthusiasm was a large determining factor in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my aptitude for completing projects using ArcGIS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Boulder (Boulder, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. After almost 1 month I had been interviewed via phone. Friendly conversation. 6-7 questions were asked. After that I had been invited for an indoor interview. Very welcome atmosphere, 8-10 questions were asked. The majority of the questions were relevant to past experiences and behavioral-situations. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?
      What helps you to perform at your very best?   Answer Question

Ranger Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Boulder.

Interview

The initial application was done online. I was then called to set up an interview. The interview was in person. Once participants are ranked, the top group are sent to do tests. Tests included drug test, psychologist and polygraph tests.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to present a 10 minute presentation on a topic of my choice. I also was asked to interpret different photos as they were shown to me.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Boulder (Boulder, CO).

Interview

The interview process was very professional and thorough. It included a tour of the facilities and I was able to ask questions about the position. I was not hired but they let me know promptly that the role had been filled.

Customer Service Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Boulder (Boulder, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

My application was scored through a matrix process by several different people and supervisors. Contacted via phone to set up both interviews. The first one was a twenty minute phone interview with four different supervisors. The second was a twenty minute in-person interview with the same four supervisors. I was contacted a few days later about the decision of the panel and supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Primarily situational-based questions. Very little about specific skills and experience.   Answer Question

Parking Enforcement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Boulder (Boulder, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

They do not tell you that you will be interviewed by a panel, which I think is unfair to the interviewee. You should know what you are walking into. All of the questions were your standards. Nothing out of the ordinary, including not a lot that was very relevant. Fellow employees and some low level management are the interviewers, so pay attention b/c those are the people you will be working with. That should be your first clue to walk out now. They now sometimes do a first round of questions you answer via video, that a couple people watch later.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember b/c all of the questions are routine. They did ask that when they do the background check, are they going to find anything and do you want to explain now.   1 Answer

Grant Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Boulder.

Interview

Panel Interview. It was a 3 panel interview. 2 of the panelists were very respectful. The last panelist spent most of the time of her cell phone, ranked me before the interview was completely over, and did not show any interest in me. Her behavior was really off-putting and disrespectful, interviews go both ways.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your organizational and management skills?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Boulder in June 2008.

Interview

Interview process began with submitting written answers to approximately 8 questions. Questions were on specific problems the department was experiencing and how I would resolve them.
    In-person interview consisted of a tour of facilities, panel of staff and consultants with specific questions again on how my experience directly related to specific issues the department was experiencing.
    Presentation was required - specific topic was given and I was able to prepare the presentation ahead of the interview. The topic again was related to how I would solve existing problems. The staff was able to comment, etc. during the presentation. During the presentation, staff openly judged and commented on my opinions; it was a very unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• "Given the recession and budgetary cuts necessary, how would you prepare a budget due in the next 2 months. What programs would you retain and what programs would you cut, and why?"   Answer Question