City of Boulder Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of Boulder

1 Interview Review

4.0

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Boulder in June 2008.

Interview

Interview process began with submitting written answers to approximately 8 questions. Questions were on specific problems the department was experiencing and how I would resolve them.
In-person interview consisted of a tour of facilities, panel of staff and consultants with specific questions again on how my experience directly related to specific issues the department was experiencing.
Presentation was required - specific topic was given and I was able to prepare the presentation ahead of the interview. The topic again was related to how I would solve existing problems. The staff was able to comment, etc. during the presentation. During the presentation, staff openly judged and commented on my opinions; it was a very unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• "Given the recession and budgetary cuts necessary, how would you prepare a budget due in the next 2 months. What programs would you retain and what programs would you cut, and why?"   Answer Question