City of Calgary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Calgary Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

Recreation Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City of Calgary in January 2010.

Interview

Behavioural interview - City of calgary posts the questions online check out their website.
    Also, be prepared to present a game (like soccer or card game) to show you can work with kids and know how to play games. I suggest just going online and picking camp games.

Sometimes they do a panel interview, the key is knowing how to work with people.

Interview Questions

• IF you could be an animal what animal would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real room for negotiation

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It was about 30-45 min panel interview with 3 managers/team leads. There were some technical questions that are the same as the interview application such as how good are you with excel, rate it 1-5. The rest was behavior questions that they wanted to be answer in the STAR format

Interview Questions

• When did you have to meet and deadline and what did you do to ensure you did?   Answer Question

Cemetery Worker/RMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward. I received a phone call approximately 10 days after the competition closed to schedule an interview for the following week. I was given plenty of instruction about the interview process. The City of Calgary utilizes STAR questions and answers. If you prepare for 5-6 different questions, you should do well. I recommend using the website resources to familiarize yourself with the process. The interview was conducted by two individuals, who took turns asking various STAR questions. The interview lasted 1 - 1.5 hours.

Candidates are also required to provide proof of any certifications and (presumably) take a pre-employment drug test upon accepting an offer.

I found the overall process to be pleasant (albeit lengthy), even though no offer was given. I would apply with the City of Calgary in future competitions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a fellow employee on a task, but you didn’t agree on how to accomplish it.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in February and got a call about the internship a month or two later. Mostly behavioral questions and they were pretty standard questions. They use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result), if you google City of Calgary interviews online, it offers a guideline of how to prepare.

Interview Questions

City of Calgary Response

Sep 15, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for the review. We offer career resources such as resume and interview tips on our website at http://www.calgary.ca/cfod/hr/Pages/Careers/Help-in-applying.aspx.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

A very cordial and standard interview process. Only asked 3 questions all of which strictly followed a STARS structure of question and expected answer. Very straightforward and nothing out of the ordinary.

Management Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The City of Calgary uses the STAR ( Situation, Task, Action, Result) interview process. Review your resume along with the required skills in order to prepare. There were approximately five interview questions targeted to both the resume and the skill requirements from the job posting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work with competing priorities under tight timelines.   Answer Question

AutoCAD Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

In person interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. Required me to have an portfolio and knowledge about AutoCAD software and the standards and codes when making drawings. They all use the STAR method of interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to go out of your way to impress a client   Answer Question

Enterprise Architecture Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Hour long interview with two senior enterprise architects. The interview was quite pleasant and relaxed. There is only one interview and a background check. The entire process took place over the course of 2 weeks, from the initial phone call to the interview day. Deliberations took around 2 weeks as well for the final decision to be made. There were roughly 100 applicants for 1 position.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The City uses the Star Method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. You responses must follow this format. Interviewers must take notes and so it's not very interactive because they are writing madly the whole time. Interviews consist of around 5 dimensions (such as planning, organization, problem solving) where the STAR response is required, then you may be asked additional questions about your skills and experience.

Assessment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Behavioural interview with no technical component. Very standard interview questions regarding organization, dealing with data on a large scale, and how you might fit into the organization. Overall a very standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• How I have dealt with organizational challenges in the past.   Answer Question