City of Calgary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Calgary Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.1

Recreation Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City of Calgary in January 2010.

Interview

Behavioural interview - City of calgary posts the questions online check out their website.
    Also, be prepared to present a game (like soccer or card game) to show you can work with kids and know how to play games. I suggest just going online and picking camp games.

Sometimes they do a panel interview, the key is knowing how to work with people.

Interview Questions

• IF you could be an animal what animal would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real room for negotiation

AutoCAD Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

In person interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. Required me to have an portfolio and knowledge about AutoCAD software and the standards and codes when making drawings. They all use the STAR method of interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to go out of your way to impress a client   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The City uses the Star Method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. You responses must follow this format. Interviewers must take notes and so it's not very interactive because they are writing madly the whole time. Interviews consist of around 5 dimensions (such as planning, organization, problem solving) where the STAR response is required, then you may be asked additional questions about your skills and experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

he interview started out with greeting and an opportunity to share general work background. That was followed by STAR interview style - SITUATION, TASK, ACTION, RESULTS. This consisted of about four questions. Following this there was opportunity for questions and relating any further information that would be beneficial for a potential employer to know about you. The interview wrapped up in about 35 minutes and there was mention of when the selection for the position would be made.

Plant Operator I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Calgary.

Interview

After applications closed, I was invited along with 29 others to take a mechanical aptitude test. 60 questions, 30 minutes. Very easy if you're mechanically inclined. I'm told 13 or so passed the test. Of those, 10 were brought in for interviews. The interview was a few basic questions about my background and 3 situational questions with follow ups. They expect STAR style responses. After that, it was a background check and a couple weeks before I heard back. The time line I had been told was much shorter, so don't be surprised if things take a bit longer than they expect. A drug test was scheduled and 3 days later there was a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've made a change in the workplace to make things easier.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union, so no negotiations.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an in-person interview with the manager for the department with the position. The manager asked high-level questions, with the interview lasting a total of 30 minutes. The manager mentioned that he could only ask high-level questions as he had no knowledge of the subject he was interviewing for.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Calgary in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an online excel proficiency test (separate), then a phone interview a few days later since I was not in town around 30 minutes in length. First half of the interview consisted of a few basic questions, the second half consisted of all STAR situational questions ie Situation, task, action and response.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked at a fast pace for a long period of time to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Had to show previous work and was given STAR question list. There were 5 situational questions that I needed to answer. Answered by stating the situation, task, action and result of every situation. I answered all perfectly. Next part of the interview was to show a portfolio. This is for a summer student - design position so portfolios are required.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation when you had to work with other people in a group setting   Answer Question

EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

5 months long process. First apply, then you did the Criti-Call test, then back for a panel interview, then a 59page questionnaire and then 4-5hrs with the polygraph person going over the questions and doing the polygraph.

Interview Questions

• Star format interview... name an instance where you had to think on your feet, where you had conflict with another employee and what you did, when you made a mistake and what you did.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Only Behavioral Questions and how do I handle different scenarios. They asked me regarding my self and where did I study and all these.My interviewers were really great and I was giving interview to them as I was talking to my old buddies.

That interview was one of my best.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult person?   1 Answer
    • How do you describe yourself?   1 Answer
    • What was the most challenging project have your ever worked?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just gave my interview. There was no negotiation took place.