City of Chattanooga Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Chattanooga

Building Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Chattanooga (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Online Application is submitted. No follow-up occurs unless you receive a call for an interview. Interview time and location is given to you. No material is given at interview containing job description to review the position while waiting.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you got angry at a co-worker and what transpired? (paraphrased)   1 Answer

Library Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Chattanooga in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted about 2 weeks later by email to setup an in person interview with middle management. This interview was simple enough - specific, pre-written questions relevant to the role and myself. The interviewers were very personable and easy to speak with. The followup interview was with library executives, and frankly was simpler than the first interview. The followup interview is much more like a conversation than a grilling. I interviewed Monday and was offered the job Thursday.

Interview Questions

• Q: A patron demands to use a public computer after closing time - how do you respond?   1 Answer

Management & Budget Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Chattanooga in December 2014.

Interview

After submitting an online application, I waited almost 3 months and finally got the call for an interview. The first interview was very casual with two interviewers. It took about three hours, but it was very informal, so I was comfortable throughout it. About a week and a half later I got a call for a second interview. This interview felt much more formal with three interviewers. One of which was very intimidating. The interview was less than 20 mins, and I felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• I always struggle with that question "Tell us about yourself", so that was the hardest one. However, I was a little taken back when I was asked "The previous interviewer was male, why should we hire you instead of him".   Answer Question