City of Cleveland, Ohio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Cleveland, Ohio Interview Questions

2.4

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Cleveland, Ohio (Cleveland, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was professional and thorough. I spoke with several friendly people who answered all of my questions during the process. I went through two verbal interviews, one group interview, and a background check.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City of Cleveland, Ohio (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I got this position through a connection I had with someone who worked there. The process consisted of me coming in and filling out a lot of paperwork, and and interview with the head of the marketing department.

Interview Questions

• There were a few questions that were challenging for me such as the past behavior questions.   Answer Question

City of Cleveland Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at City of Cleveland, Ohio (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

the hiring process takes 2 to 3 weeks...then you may be interviewed by the department management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, this is a union based job with step increases

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Cleveland, Ohio (Mentor, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied on line. Submitted my cover letter and resume. One week later got a call for interview. Receptionist accommodated my work hours. Interview was after work hours. Very casual interview. I thought I was overdress, but professional. Interviewer was impressed with my resume. Indicated my financial experience would be a plus for the position. Though I was gonna be called back . Did not get a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking for part time employment.   1 Answer

Report Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Cleveland, Ohio (Cleveland, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Very poor interview I sensed it was being made to fulfill having interviewed several people to give the job to an in house candidate

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Microsoft SQL Server   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at City of Cleveland, Ohio in April 2011.

Interview

It takes forever to get a formal job with the City. There are postings in Civil Service, and if you think you qualify, you must pay $10 application fee, and wait, sometimes months to get a postcard in the mail telling you that you are eligible to take the written test. Once you take the written test, it takes another month to find out if you scored high. The entire process can take a year.

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at City of Cleveland, Ohio (Cleveland, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

Process starts with resume to be reviewed by a committee. It takes months after which top three candidates are interviewed. I gave a presentation. A technical test was also given. If selected an official application is filled. It takes a long time to get the offer and start date.

Interview Questions

• A question on the technical test did not include adequate information. I noted that and made assumptions based on experience and industry standards. That is the response they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation the pay scales are very rigid.

Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Cleveland, Ohio (Cleveland, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone contact from networking.