City of Durham, North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Durham, North Carolina Interview Questions

2.7

Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina (Durham, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial on-line application. Second phase was to submit a written assignment. Third phase was interview, which ended up being a group interview with myself and 3 others. Three tasks were given during this session; a self analysis task, team activity, and written administrative challenge.

Interview Questions

• Asked to "make a warning sign that you would place at your desk"   Answer Question

GIS Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. The supplemental questions were pretty detailed. The setting up of the interview was a bit inflexible, ultimately I was able to get one that worked for me too. When I arrived, I was given paperwork to fill out that would give the city and all of its agents permission to run background checks, release all my financial records, and release medical records (over-riding HIPPA), etc. I refused to sign it, and thought that was really inappropriate to even ask a candidate to sign that type of agreement prior to a first interview. I was told that not signing it wouldn't affect my ability to get the job. We proceeded with the interview anyway, and I actually really liked the GIS Manager. Unfortunately the person who would supervise the position was unable to be there and I was told it was their decision. Although I enjoyed the conversation, seemed we wasted our time if the decision maker couldn't be there.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard. Tell me about a time you did this or that on projects, etc.   1 Answer

Fire Fighter Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Received notice via email of upcoming hiring event approximately one month prior. Medical and release forms required on day of event prior to beginning tests. Completed the physical ability test and written test on the same day. I received notice of a personal interview a couple of weeks later. Attended interview in suit and tie. Interview was with a panel of three fire fighters consisting of a female assistant chief, a male assistant battalion chief, and a male fire captain. Interview began with a brief introduction, I chose to shake hands all around. Questions were read from a prepared packet with the panel writing key responses on a separate pad of paper. Interview lasted approximately one hour. Everyone through entire process was very professional and courteous. Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the procedures upon arrival prior to the beginning of 24 hour shift?   Answer Question

Junior Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

interview was very fun! the interview is a group interview. at first you will enter the gym and do some team building exercises with the interviewers and interviewees.. afterwards they will give you directions on a game and you must set the game up, play the game, and explain to the interviewers the rules of the game. dress very casual, wear sneakers, jeans, and a tshirt.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you've worked with children?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in September 2013.

Interview

one hour phone call, ask tech questions and behavior questions. Need to prepare tech questions based on requirement of the position.

Interview Questions

• the questions about how to use several software to solve problems   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiable

Data Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina (Durham, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

I sent a resume in on December 9th, and it took a while to get an email back > i was interviewed at the beginning of March and started on the 27th of March. I had a few calls back and forth to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• Math quiz right off the bat and then a Jammar Board test after that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one. Was offered $12 per hour and I accepted.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina (Durham, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Had a phone call interview. Waited few day then another call saying you were qualified for training in st.louis. Had to take a flight out someo e meet you at airport. You go to hotel . Get settle in for day. Meet other flight attendants there go to lunch
    Next day schedule for class.

Interview Questions

• What made you to want to become a flight attendant?   1 Answer
    • Do you think you're a good fix for a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Business Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina (Durham, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Job posted on City website for about a week.
    Complete online job application, including "summary " section. Attach resume. E-mail to link on jobs website.
    Completion of written responses to questions due 25 days later.
    Phone call to schedule panel interview for selected individuals
    Panel interview and written exercise on computer
    Second panel interview of fewer candidates
    Selection of final candidate and subsequent offer
    (This is a composite review for several positions.)

Interview Questions

• What kind of people don't you like?   1 Answer

Park Ranger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina (Durham, NC) in July 2009.

Interview

Much like the average interview

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina (Durham, NC) in January 2008.

Interview

Very slow and entangled. Government jobs are notorious for long processes and redundant protocols, and this process was no exception.

Initial communications fell through the cracks. It was necessary to contact HR many times, and eventually the hiring official directly.

The people, office environmental, and work culture are superior to all other employers I have experienced.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was very limited, but the hiring official fought for the most possible. There are limits enforced by government officials that are not involved in the determination of salary, so one can only do so much.