City of Edmonton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and waiting almost a month before hearing back for an interview. The interview itself was very relaxed. It was just 5 questions and the interviews were writing my answers for future reference while decision making. They just wanted to have a conversation about my skills and the role.

Engineering Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

They ask you questions and write as you talk to them. At the end you can ask questions.

They generally have someone already pre-picked from their group for these positions, but they have to do interviews to make it seem 'fair'.

Coop Work Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It is short and straight forward. There are two people interviewing me. One of them will primarily ask the question and the other one took notes. They are pretty nice and welcome. After the interview, they called me and gave me feedback of the interview. They said I do not have related experienced lol... And that is

Interview Questions

• how is your educational experience related to this job?   Answer Question

Planning Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

After applying for this position online I received word that I was under consideration for a summer student position as a planning technician working with the department of Economic and Environmental Sustainability. I submitted my references online and at the time of my interview I was expected to have a letter from my university saying that I was returning to school in the fall.

I interviewed over Google Hangouts and there were two interviewers. I was asked only 6 questions where I was asked about my skills, work history, and asked to give answers relating to my work and academic past. I was not asked any situational questions.

After these 6 questions I was given an opportunity to ask my own questions and then I was asked about when I could start work, if I had ever worked with the City of Edmonton before, and other similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be the successful candidate?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you have used illustrator, indesign, and sketchup. What is your skill level with these programs?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you worked on a team to make a project and you had to manage different people's expectations and desires.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Audit Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton.

Interview

The interview process was generally fine. After my first interview I was asked to come for the 2nd one. Before I went to the second interview people in my existing office knew that I had applied for this job. Even my existing boss questioned me why I wanted to leave. This is a very unacceptable situation for me and did not expect this from City. Management needs to caution the interviewers not to share information about the people they are interviewing to there employers. ....

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were hiring for this position   1 Answer

Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Two managers in a room, with both recording the interview answers on paper. Apparently there is a standardized scoring system based on the answers you give, so it is important to say lots so that they write down a lot.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mostly about the job, and mostly standard ones (your greatest strengths, areas of improvement, etc). Some philosophical ones (in your opinion, what is the greatest threat to the environment). They also had lots of time set aside for me to ask them questions, which was really nice.   Answer Question

LRT Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Your application is electronically reviewed and processed by an online outsourced HR company.
    If the computer picks up on key points the city wants such as knowing or being related to someone you will get a call back other wise you will recieve a generic 'blow off' e-mail a few months later.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very biased towards the who you know work culture and not on your experience or skills unfortunately.   1 Answer

Communications Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel interview in Edmonton, Alberta. All questions based on behavioral style interview. Rapid fire questions in the first hour. Skills test follows interview questions and lasts between half and hour and a hour. They give you a time limit.

Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

Written test with 12 behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Describe what strategic means.   1 Answer

Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

I phoned the City of Edmonton to ask some questions about the position and was immediately connected to someone in HR. She was very kind and helpful. The interview process was fair and I was asked very legitimate questions pertaining to the job.