City of Edmonton Business & Strategic Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Edmonton Business & Strategic Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Business & Strategic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

About a dayor so after the application deadline passed, I wased called by the exec assistant to set up and interview for next week. Showed up on the date and time agreed upon, met the hiring director and was lead into a room with another employee from the group and an HR representative. The handed me a pen and paper with some questions on it and said I had a 15 minute writing portion, afterwhich the interview would comence as per a typical interview.
The questions were: What is an environmental scan and why is it important to business planning? and, when presenting the results of an escan to senior management, what should be taken into account/how would you go about it?
The rest of the interview was pretty standard, although they all kept notes on what looked like standardized forms.

Interview Questions

• What is an environmental scan, and why is it important to the business planning process?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when...?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a one step increase (from 3 out of 6 to 4 out of 6, or about 5%) from what was offered. It is pretty straight forward as it is a union environment and there is not a lot of room for the manager to negotiate (i.e. only which step, no holiday, etc.)
I would make sure to ask for whatever step you feel you deserve.