City of Edmonton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

City of Edmonton Interview Questions

Interviews at City of Edmonton

2.7

Engineering Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The contact staff will be communicate and confirm the time and date for interview. Go to the interview location and some one will register and wait for the call by one of interviewers. Start interview and answer interview questions. Allow interviewee ask questions. Start a test or exam. Once it is finished, someone will confirm with you that this interview is completed.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred communication style and why?   1 Answer

Engineering Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

They ask you questions and write as you talk to them. At the end you can ask questions.

They generally have someone already pre-picked from their group for these positions, but they have to do interviews to make it seem 'fair'.

Planning Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

After applying for this position online I received word that I was under consideration for a summer student position as a planning technician working with the department of Economic and Environmental Sustainability. I submitted my references online and at the time of my interview I was expected to have a letter from my university saying that I was returning to school in the fall.

I interviewed over Google Hangouts and there were two interviewers. I was asked only 6 questions where I was asked about my skills, work history, and asked to give answers relating to my work and academic past. I was not asked any situational questions.

After these 6 questions I was given an opportunity to ask my own questions and then I was asked about when I could start work, if I had ever worked with the City of Edmonton before, and other similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be the successful candidate?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you have used illustrator, indesign, and sketchup. What is your skill level with these programs?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you worked on a team to make a project and you had to manage different people's expectations and desires.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

Panel members were prepared with their notepads to note down almost anything I spoke. Questions were more on behavioral aspect.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a fight between your subordinates?   Answer Question
    • How would you I deal with a last minute call for a important project from your manager when you are already overwhelmed by something else?   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager and Director.
    Underwent a technical quiz, as well as a lengthy interview to review my personality.
    The interview was about an hour long, the hiring staff were very friendly and welcoming, but did not hesitate to challenge my expertise to ensure I'd fit in and thrive in their branch.

I also had to undergo an Enhanced Security Clearance.

Interview Questions

• The typical questions in an interview...
      "Weaknesses?, Strengths?, give me of an example you did *blank*?..."   1 Answer

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

One hour interview with basic past experience questions, customer service questions, 2 people took the interview and were very friendly. Future goals questions and a lot of behaviors situations were asked to describe such as give me an example when u were faced with a difficult customer.

Interview Questions

• such as give me an example when u were faced with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

30 min interview followed by 1 hr technical test. Asked a lot about customer service and teamwork situations and how you would deal with specific situations that arose.

Interview Questions

• Wanted you to know a lot about government and legislative policies   1 Answer

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton.

Interview

First received an email to set up a phone interview. Phone Interview with two people. Asked around 8 questions, the interview took around an hour. After they were finished , had the opportunity to pose my own. Once finished they asked me to email a few documents that they required for the process. The interview was pretty straight forward, no tricks. If you are able to explain yourself thoroughly and have a good attitude you should be fine

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you had lots of projects and a co-worker had just called in sick?   1 Answer

Communications Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel interview in Edmonton, Alberta. All questions based on behavioral style interview. Rapid fire questions in the first hour. Skills test follows interview questions and lasts between half and hour and a hour. They give you a time limit.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Edmonton in April 2012.

Interview

Some one recommended me for the job. They asked me about time and days availability They did not ask me anything else. The overall experience of the interview was quick and easy. They needed people for the low paying job and random hours. So they were not going to reject people left and right

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of salary.