City of Edmonton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

City of Edmonton Interview Questions

Interviews at City of Edmonton

2.7

Labourer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Took a long time to get back to me, interviewed the day after being called and was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you have demonstrated leadership in a previous role.   1 Answer

ClerkII Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

I was ask to in and I meet with two of the ladies one was my mentor and team lead the other was HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was non I was offer the temporary term of 11 months and at the end I was given the permanent position

Audit Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton.

Interview

The interview process was generally fine. After my first interview I was asked to come for the 2nd one. Before I went to the second interview people in my existing office knew that I had applied for this job. Even my existing boss questioned me why I wanted to leave. This is a very unacceptable situation for me and did not expect this from City. Management needs to caution the interviewers not to share information about the people they are interviewing to there employers. ....

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were hiring for this position   1 Answer

Recreation Facility Attendant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

A panel of two upper management took turns asking questions for a half hour. One was engaging, the other more intimidating with her silences. They each had at least four pages of standard questions they ask each candidate. Their questions had multiple parts, hence they repeated them frequently. The panelists would try to write down as much of what you said as possible, which led to more silences and intimidation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you handled a conflict. Who was involved? How did you handle it? What was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position is unionized, so the wage is set but fair. They took a long time to make the offer after the interview, however.

Recreation Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward. There were two stages of the interview - one group interview and one individual interview. The group interview was very easy. They asked you to lead an activity that all the other interviewees would participate in.

LRT Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Your application is electronically reviewed and processed by an online outsourced HR company.
    If the computer picks up on key points the city wants such as knowing or being related to someone you will get a call back other wise you will recieve a generic 'blow off' e-mail a few months later.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very biased towards the who you know work culture and not on your experience or skills unfortunately.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton.

Interview

The process took a month, heard them back after 3 weeks after the deadline. The interview questions are easy, no technical questions, just behaviour questions to see your personality and team work skills

Interview Questions

• Why city of Edmonton, past experience related the work, team work   Answer Question

Coop Work Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It is short and straight forward. There are two people interviewing me. One of them will primarily ask the question and the other one took notes. They are pretty nice and welcome. After the interview, they called me and gave me feedback of the interview. They said I do not have related experienced lol... And that is

Interview Questions

• how is your educational experience related to this job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton in February 2015.

Interview

I Was interviewed by the three supervisors of four possible departments to work for; Asphalt, concrete, binder or soil densities. The interview was fairly quick and relaxed. Was not contacted back for a month after interview.

Interview Questions

• what does the cross section of a road look like?   1 Answer

311 Agent Clerk III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online last Jan 28 and got a phone interview first week of February then was invited for personal interview Feb 19. Requested for police clearance Feb 21 and was hired Feb 26. I will start training on March 18. Thankful for Vicki Reeve and Shandel who gave me opportunity for an interview and accepted me. The city of Edmonton adheres to their value in diversity in workplace. Very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What if a co worker is negative about work what would you tell that person   Answer Question