City of Fort Worth, Texas Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at City of Fort Worth, Texas

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Fort Worth, Texas

Found 20 candidate interviews
Featured Interview
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (United States)

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from them to schedule an in person interview. It was a panel interview with 4 people. They had questions printed out, asked those questions turn by turn and took note of my responses. The questions were typical behavioral interview questions. Just google most asked interview question and you will be fine. By the time of the interview, I wasn’t anymore interested in the position and didn’t really make an effort. I wasn’t surprised when I didn’t get the role. Don’t worry thinking it is a panel interview. They were very cool and friendly. You are also required to complete an excel test.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself?
    Answer Question
  • Tell me about the time you had a conflict and how did you resolve it
  • Any experience in process improvement?
  • What is your proficiency with Excel, Word and statistical analysis?
  • How do you organize your tasks?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (United States)

Interview

The interview consisted of a small panel of the HR coordinator, position supervisor, and two more employees. Each person took turn asking the interview questions which were primarily situational/behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • Something to the effect of: If you have multiple projects due at the same time, how do you prioritize your work to meet deadlines?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (United States) in Jan 2018

Interview

The interview process was formal. It was an on-site interview before 4 senior professional engineers. They were all kind and made a good impression on me. They all asked me several questions like standard interview such as Tell me about yourself... What are the challenges that you have overcome? They told that they will give me a call at the end of the week. But one day later, they call me and gave an offer to start as soon as possible. I did one semester interview with them and later they offered me another term.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself... What are the challenges that you have overcome?
Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in Jan 2018

Interview

It was a group panel of 5 persons: 2 supervisors, 2 senior employees and HR. Each of them asked 2 behavioral questions. All of them were very friendly. Overall it lasted 45 minutes to 1hr.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you know your coworker is going something wrong?
Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX)

Interview

Ten to twelve questions asked during the interview with a panel of 2 to 3 people writing your response to the questions asked. Questions consisted of "what if" type questions for different situations.

Interview Questions
City of Fort Worth, Texas
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in Jul 2017

Interview

Water Department, the first half of the interview process was verbal. They asked several STAR story questions: a time when you had a difficult customer, difficult manager, etc. The second portion was a hand calculated timed test, 30 minutes. There weren't any formulas to follow, if you didn't know how to do the calculations then you just used your best guess.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you better for this position than any other candidate?
Application

Interview

Invited on a couple of occasions to interview, one time being for an internship type of role. The level of disinterest seemed rather palpable. I thought that was ironic given how I had asked so many questions during a school field trip with the person in charge there earlier in the year and was veritably interested in the work. It was an entry-level position, and they said they were rather desperate to find people. But it was a very serious affair, and I guess they were looking for someone who hung the moon.

Interview Questions
  • I think it had something to do with how I addressed an unforeseen problem in the past, citing examples and such (one question). It was pretty much the round robin format.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (United States) in May 2017

Interview

I applied in March, did not get a call until the beginning of May. Then was offered a position the last week in June. Just a head's up that the city takes a very long time to bring in outside hires.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in Jan 2017

Interview

Applied online first. I was contacted by HR to ask if I was interested in coming in for an interview. I went through one round of an interview with 4 employees present including management. Usually there are 2 to 3 rounds.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe an ERP system.
  • Do you have any experience writing or running queries?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in Dec 2016

Interview

You're brought into a room with three hiring managers. They each have a set of papers with questions, and each take turns reading directly from the pages. As you answer, they all simultaneously write down your responses in their own words on the paper. The questions are frank, no nonsense, and generally broad. They then take questions you may have, and you're done.

Interview Questions
  • When do you seek the advice of your co-workers when you are in need of help during your work?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20