City of Fort Worth, Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Senior IT Business Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online first. I was contacted by HR to ask if I was interested in coming in for an interview. I went through one round of an interview with 4 employees present including management. Usually there are 2 to 3 rounds.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe an ERP system.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience writing or running queries?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Ten to twelve questions asked during the interview with a panel of 2 to 3 people writing your response to the questions asked. Questions consisted of "what if" type questions for different situations.

Senior Acct Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Water Department, the first half of the interview process was verbal. They asked several STAR story questions: a time when you had a difficult customer, difficult manager, etc. The second portion was a hand calculated timed test, 30 minutes. There weren't any formulas to follow, if you didn't know how to do the calculations then you just used your best guess.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better for this position than any other candidate?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

You're brought into a room with three hiring managers. They each have a set of papers with questions, and each take turns reading directly from the pages. As you answer, they all simultaneously write down your responses in their own words on the paper. The questions are frank, no nonsense, and generally broad. They then take questions you may have, and you're done.

Interview Questions

• When do you seek the advice of your co-workers when you are in need of help during your work?   Answer Question

Graduate Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They first came to our university for the first round of interviews. Then the second round was at the City Engineering Office. There were 3 interviewers, each of them with a thick bunch of papers, on which they wrote while I spoke. There were about 20-25 questions in all, including several technical ones. Unfortunately they do not sponsor work visas, and they only told me that after they selected me and when I went to take the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you saw an unsafe situation at your work site and what/how you handled it.   Answer Question

Community Education Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas in August 2014.

Interview

The HR coordinator called a few weeks after the position closed to schedule and interview. She said they were interviewing candidates in 30 minute blocks on a single day. I interviewed with the HR coordinator, the hiring manager, and two other managers. They asked questions from a standard list, taking turns. All were very friendly and the interview seemed to go very well. After the interview, I was taken to a work station and asked to answer how I would respond to a specific scenario. The scenario was pretty specific to the job, but seemed a bit unfair to applicants who didn't know the physical layout of the department and/or the priorities of the management. Afterward, I followed up with thank you emails to both the HR coordinator and hiring manager. Both went unanswered and I never heard another word from anyone from the department. I was pretty surprised that no one ever followed up.

Interview Questions

• Candidates were asked to prioritize a series of tasks given a strict time limit and multiple demands on the candidate's time.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Panel Interview. Don't be intimidated. All your panelist will have had to go through training outside the department from the City first. There are many steps,. checks and balances to try to be fair and to hire the best qualified candidate. There is a scored Typing Test. Usually a timed test where you have to do some job-related task.

Interview Questions

• The process is very codified in the effort to be fair. You won't be able to tell if you got the job from the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N?A

Assistant Public Safety Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

After applying online the next step you are scheduled for a panel interview with 4 people. Immediately after the interview they sit you at a PC to write a business plan for implementing a new process to the workplace

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you provided coaching to an employee. Describe step by step the coaching you provided   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas.

Interview

This was 12 years ago but I had to doa written document, develop a presentation, present to a panel and then have a 30-45 question and answer session for the interview. Very thorough. Gave them an idea if I could write, create presentations, present material to diverse groups and answer questions on the spot. Loved working there.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate well---but it turns out the person I spoke with expected the people he offered jobs to take the amount offered since he felt it was a fair amount.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Fort Worth, Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts. A Panel interview, with 3 people plus the Hiring Manager observing the process; an oral presentation that I prepared and brought with me, and a written exercise on a job related topic. The entire process took much longer than it should have because they kept delaying, stating that one of the interview panelists was in Budget Meetings.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were used on the panel interview portion. I prepared an oral presentation using PowerPoint on job related topic that they provided to me prior to the interview. They also asked me a provide a timed written response to a job related topic.   1 Answer