City of Gainesville, FL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Gainesville, FL Interview Questions

2.5

Executive Assistant Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Gainesville, FL (Anchorage, AK) in May 2015.

Interview

They initiated the process with a doodle poll which requested time slots for at least 13 applicants. I was considered even though I am out of state (AK), I did not get very far, though. There were two managers on the teleconference and they did not indulge in chit chat or describe the job, just asked 5 questions. I was notified of the decision to move forward or not in the same way that I was notified of the doodle poll via e-mail.

Technical Support Specialist-III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Gainesville, FL (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Interview was a bit odd; they asked like 3 questions, and handed me a test, and walked off. I had nearly forgotten i applied for the job when i finally got a call back. Took about 3 months (no joke) from applying for it till i got a call to start.

Interview Questions

• The test had a trick question: it refered you to a specific standard to answer a question; but it was the wrong standard it refered you too. It was a sewer question, and refered you to the potable water standards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They basically told me that with my years of experience they could offer $22, which is about a $1.50 more then i expected.

Transit Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Gainesville, FL (Gainesville, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

have to apply wait to hear to take an assesment test then wait for interview with 3 people then wait to finally start if chosen

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotation you were told what training pay and then pay after training and benifits were

Recreational Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Gainesville, FL in January 2012.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview, in person interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer service situation between members of the city and employees?   Answer Question
    • What would you first step be in the case of entering the facility in the morning to find it has been vandalized?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Gainesville, FL in August 2008.

Interview

I sat for the interview and they asked me questions about my experience with computers and software, data entry and working for local government. I was able to handle what they threw at me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question